….my 7 month old puppy is becoming a terror.

I guess change is finally here. My adorable puppy is changing and he is changing big time. Now, he is more energetic, more barking, more running and he has now the ability to coat my hand with his saliva within minutes. Also, he’s paying more attention to his guy parts. I read somewhere that he is now becoming an alpha dog, which probably means that I might need more force when I am delivering my obedience training and commands. Or else, my ankles will feel the anger of nicks from his teeth. For experienced dog owners here, is there anything you can advise me when dealing with this alpha male dog? He’s tiny and cute but he’s becoming uncontrollable and somewhat aggressive. I would like the reassurance that he will clam dawn and get along with me most of the time. Or should I introduce more activities to make sure he’s not bored to death?.
@inu1711 (5288)
Hello Jeanneyvonne, You answered yourself in the final phrase. You must burn his energy in order to have a more docile dog. If he has that tone of energy and you don't guide it to something useful, he will find a way to occupy his time. Unfortunately, what he chooses is now what you like. So, what you have to do is to spend some more time with him in order to burn his energy. You may take him to longer walks, or you can spend time playing with him some games that burn lot of energy, like fetch, for instance. You could also take him to training classes, this also can burn lot of his energy.
I'm gonna take that advice.I just don't know if I will have the energy for it everyday.weekends are fine but I have work and sometimes, but temper does get better of me. I haven't done anything with him but it does frustrates me sometimes.
maybe you can walk with him everyday. a dog need exercise to reduce his energy. If he tired, he will calm down. you can give him job like dog backpack suit to him, so he will focus on that job. or you can just ignore him if he very active. Ignore him until he calm down. when he calm down, you can play with him so he with know "oh if I am calm down, my owner with play with me".
I try to but I am especially occupied within the week. I already went with him once outside but the cold weather is soemtihng that I want to take into account.i don't want him with a cold or caught in the rain. He does love to have toys.
@mariaperalta (19096)
• Mexico
growing up is he? Make sure you get him some dog toys and dog treats. Start teaching him young. Have fun...
I tihnk I gave him the basics before. but he's too energetic and sometimes, I'm the one bone tired when we meet again beofre I tuck him in his sleep, which is somewhat impossible these days.
@Cutie18f (9564)
You can get a dog book for some tricks. I have dogs too but I never judge their personalities. I know one of them feels more superior than the others and is jealous when attention is also given to the others, but I try to separate or tie him up when he is eating because he has the tendency to grab the other dogs' food. I release him when all have eaten.
Well, technically he is my only dog but my neighbors also have dogs and we let them play with each otehr. I think that mine is starting to be the one who likes to dominate others even though he has the smallest body. I'm willing to try some tips and I have a dog book somewhere.