FIL Will Fit The Chandelier On Saturday Morning

@Janey1966 (24127)
Carlisle, England
Despite the FIL only working Mondays and Tuesdays he's choosing to come round on Saturday (when John's around) to fix the light. I am OK with this as it's better than him not wanting to install it at all and us having to get an electrician in. He has fixed lights before so SHOULD know what he's doing! So, I shall count the days until I can take a photograph of it in-situ (word of the day) lol.
@wolfie34 (26881)
All the waiting and the patience and I am sure it will be worth the wait my friend! The way time flies, Saturday will soon be upon us.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
Very true. Monday's nearly overwith already. John will be off tomorrow afternoon to see the dentist so we shall go to the local Post Office to post a lamp a Buyer has bought from me on Ebay. She only paid a fiver for it but at least it's going to a new home rather than landfill!
@wolfie34 (26881)
I am smiling, I know I shouldn't be, but I know what John is like about the dentist! Hope it goes well for him. People will buy anything it seems and you are £5 better off wooohooo!
It is great you will soon see the dazzling chandelier ,which certainly makes your day.Getting your FIL to fit it can save some trouble,except saving a little money.I wonder why your FIL has not yet retired .
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
One word my friend, MONEY! He will be 65 in November so that's - generally - the age of retirement. He would've retired earlier but the company he was a manager of went bust about 10 years ago, so he's had to take less responsible jobs (that didn't pay as well) instead, to make up the shortfall in his Pension. That's the gist of it anyway. He's certainly not destitute though.
So that's how it is.You know,here the age of retirement for a man is 60.Unlike others, I spend the better part of my time attending to my parents who are up in years after retiring.Even though it is not because of that,I don't want to find job.As you say frequently,we only live once.
@ElicBxn (60052)
At least your aren't the "Ponds" and don't have to worry about getting picked up with him to flit about the universe!
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
Mmm, 'a la Dr Who' I take it? I think she's been killed off and I'm GLAD!
@ElicBxn (60052)
I was getting a bit tired of Amy - but not nearly as tired as I am of Rose...
• Marion, Kansas
I know you are anxious to have it up, but it is good he is waiting for John to be there. Then there is no misunderstanding between you guys, and if he knocks himself out or takes a nasty fall, John can pick him up.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
Haha! Speaking of falling, the MIL 'missed a step' outside her daughter's new house the other day. Apparently, she looks a 'bit like a panda' at the moment. I bet she didn't have her glasses on. She's one of those people that should wear them but doesn't always do so. Also, she's had two cataract operations close to one another so that won't help either. At least I wasn't there..she'd be accusing me of pushing her if I was.
It's good that your father-in-law is going to come over and install the chandelier. It's too bad that it won't happen until Saturday, though. I wish that I could change out the lighting in here--especially in the office. Unfortunately, since this is a rental, I'm not able to do that. So can't wait until we buy our own place; I'm a bit irked that my boyfriend was so reluctant to buy a place until after we were no longer in a good position to do so. *Sigh*
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
That's a shame. To be honest, we'd like to move from here but the housing market is such that we cannot afford it - unless we find a real bargain we cannot resist..but this house does need work doing on it, regardless of whether or not we move. Another reason is that I have to stay in here whilst John works so it makes sense for it to be as nice as possible. I know possessions, etc aren't the be all and end all but they do help to lift my spirits. Even the cheaper, acrylic, non-electric pendant on the landing cheers me up every time I look at it and that cost only £35!