I wonder if she thought before she spoke..

I was talking to a friend who also had the same operation I had. she was telling me she gained 30 pounds and wanted to get it off here soon. I said I gained 15 pounds and she said sharon you needed it. I was like what and she said again you needed it. Then she had to leave because her husband called her. My mother keeps saying how nice I look being that I gained weight. I went to a friends house last night and she was like girl your hips are so beautiful. I recently lost 5 pounds and have 10 more to go to get back where I want to be. I wear a size 10 jeans. I wear a med shirt. so I am not at all skinny. so what could people really think I should be weighing? I went walking today with adrain and we were looking at some dresses and he said,if you got those tomorrow would you wear them. I said,I don't want them tomorrow. I want to lose the weight first. then he said sharon you look good now. before you did not have a neck. and I was like oh my god. I think people think I look better with meat on my bones. but,the good thing is I like the way I look with thinner thighs and a smaller butt. lol My friend that gained the 30 pounds gained it because all she can tolerate is beer. she craves it like crazy so she has a beer gut. after my operation my body graved sugar and that was just terrible for me. but,now I am doing better and the weight is coming off. I am not mad with her over this. I just won't talk to her about my weight any longer.
@MaylaJay (350)
I used to be very skinny. I barely got over 110 lbs freshman year. Everyone always told me I looked sick and needed to eat more. People I didn't even know would get mad at me. They would tell me that people were actually starving and I was doing it on purpose and it was horrible of me. I always thought this was absurd. My brother is 4 years older than me and I've always ate more than him. I have always been a little piggy, but I didn't gain weight until I got pregnant. Then my grandma complained all the time about how much weight I was gaining.
They should learn to mind their concerns. people are good at what ever their desired weight is.
hi mayla and gifts I wish people would not be judgmental as we all have various reasons for our weights and someone telling me I do not know being fat is unhealthy as if I were blind and dumb too. I tried to counter with I am under a doctors care and am losing weight and it just did not help much.I would never stop someone whom I did not know and say such things to them at all.
My goodness here they would lose a tooth telling someone that off the bat. I tell you some people have nerve.
@cupkitties (6947)
In the past few years I've been given the impression that you would need to be the size of a baby elephant to be considered normal weight. This conclusion doesn't come from the fact that there are so many hefty individuals around, but because more and more I'm seeing people who once upon a time were considered a healthy weight, being harassed as being too "thin". When my older daughter was in 5th grade she told me about these popular girls saying she was skinny and no one feeds her. Confused the heck out of me because she's got plenty of meat on her. My dad came to me after dropping her off for a band meeting and told me " Its not that she's too skinny. Her weight is perfectly fine. Its every one of the danged kids in that school is fat and they think because there are more of them that they must be the norm" To be honest I no longer care what everyone else thinks I should weigh.
I am like you right now and I am going to be making me happy in the long run.
Cupkitties, she'll still hear that even when she gets older. I even had one woman inquire if I had an eating disorder; if she wouldn't have been a professor, I would likely have ended up "explaining" things to her in a slightly less gentle manner. Surprisingly, she did not retain her position at the school.
@sid556 (31006)
Weight is just a number and we all come in different shapes and sizes. It doesnt matter. What matters is that we are comfortable in our own skin. Way too much attention is placed on "looks" when all in all...who really cares? If people put half as much energy into making their personality beautiful, they'd have a lot more money in their wallets and the world would be a better place.
That would be nice if this were reality. I am sure it will never happen for most of us. I am happy being my preferred size and I am going to get there.
@sid556 (31006)
Ya i know. Seems we are always worried that we are too big or too small or something. Im no different
the good thing is you don't let it ruin you. I am doing my very best not to let this happen to me as well. Thanks for giving me the lift to keep it up.
• Marion, Kansas
Taking what they all are saying I am going to guess that maybe you lost too much weight in your face and it made you look drawn and maybe ill. A ten is a nice normal size. I have not been there in a long time. I see pictures of me when I was smaller than that and I look almost too thin to me. I have seen my daughter look too thin, but I would not criticize her, as she was not trying to lose weight. It sounds like you eat pretty healthy, lots of fruits and veggies as well as some meat, fish and chicken. From what you post you eat some of everything. If you feel good, it is fine.
My mother said something about my face looking too thin when I was smaller. I was also told about some crease in my face or something I don't know.
• Marion, Kansas
It was funny, I was reading in a magazine about face exercises to make your cheeks plumper. You build up your cheek muscles. Sometimes you can be very fit and thin looking but as you add muscle you weigh more.
That is good to know as well.I know you can do neck ones too. I hope to just get back to my goal weight.
hi sharon though I did not have your s urgery I dod know how you feel bedcause I want s o much to get down to 150 as I was not overegint until I contracted diabetres and also had thyroid trouble too.You know how glad you were to be slim after having been very heavy so of course you do not want to go backwards.As long as you have good health and lose a little more it should be just fine. I love the avatar of you you look great there.
typos do not dod because not bedcause, overweight not overegint sorry I forgot to edit.
That is just the picture I want to get back to. I am 10 pounds away and getting there soon. thanks.
Your friend sounds like she needs to work on her "cravings"... As to your weight, the "average" American woman is a (very generously re-sized over the past few years) 14. The collective American waistline is expanding more and more. So, many people think that being large (even to the point of being dangerously obese, is "normal." I am a bit below the suggested weight for my height, so I am a size 0-2. I eat a healthy diet--not the typical rubbish "food" diet that is so common in this country. As I was discussing with my boyfriend earlier this evening, I could gain 30-40 pounds and still be perfectly fine. As it is now, I am what an intelligent person would likely term "willowy." A size 10 is a reasonable size. What is more important, though, is that you are getting to and maintaining this size through a healthy lifestyle--choosing healthy foods and exercise over fad diets. Healthy eating, as I've said before and am certain to say many more times, is for life.
If I could lose ten pounds and stay a size ten. it would be perfect for me. but,I was a ten before and had more room in my clothing an now they are skin tight and I don't like that. I am living a better life which is great for me. I hope to keep it this way as well. thanks.
A size 10 is a beautiful size. I've never been a 10. I will be happy at a size 14. I haven't been a 14 since I lost weight in high school.
I would stop eating if I ever reached a 14 again. when I was there I was so ready to be smaller. I am thick on the bottom so I could not bare the weight on my bones. I do hope you get to a 14 again if at all possible. I know it would make some very happy who had the operation.
@natliegleb (5186)
never ever she would think again or wuld give it a thought before going crazy for sure and i have wondered about it always and that is quite funny for sure
looking back on it now I could see it being funny as well. I am not paying any mind to what she said for the most part. time will tell for the both of us.
@mariaperalta (19096)
• Mexico
Im glad I dont have a weight problem. My 2 sister do. Im at 119 lbs now, dr. told me last week I need to be 112-123. I guess I need to eat more...
I am thinking your not too short to be this weight. I am sort of tall to most people around me . % ft 6 inches. so they figure I was too thin.
@911Ricki (13602)
I think you need serious help over this, you have a eating disorder. I know many who have gone through the surgery and never talk like you do all worried about their size, and obsessed with being skinner. I could never live with myself wanting to be skinner, or worried of what I will eat will gain weight. My friend's mom got the surgery done, and looks amasing she lost 400 pounds. But everyone I know who got this surgery only inproved their body, not the mental aspect of it. You walk in and the weight just falls off, you will always have that mental aspect of it until you fix it. I had a friend tell me this when she went through it, she gained it all back, the next time she opted not for the surgery and do it on her own will power not expect surgery to fix her life and problems. She got through it mental and she is fine, and healthy now.
There are some times that people's view of themselves are very different from the way that other people see us. I would bet that this is the case with you. Because of the fact that you used to be very large you have a view of yourself as being a larger person and that overall distorts your view. It is quite important for a person to have at least a little bit of fat on their body and that is probably what your friend was talking about. If the weight is distributed nicely over your body then you look wonderful.
I think a size 10 is a healthy weight. For most women that size is perfect! I heard a LOT from my family when I lost weight after my last pregnancy, the weight was just gone, not done on purpose at all. I went from 140lbs down to 120lbs. All of my family told me all the time I needed to gain weight, I was too skinny, I didn't look healthy, and so on... I gained 5 lbs a little after that and I am happy at 125lbs, I don't want to lose or gain weight. If my husband had any say in it though he would want me back at 140lbs again! Lol. I didn't mind when my family said all of that, I know they were just worried about me and wanted me to be healthy. I think if we like how we look that is all that matters as long as we are healthy.
Congrats on losing the 5 pounds. I think its about how you feel about yourself. What others think of how we look doesnt matter because they arent the one who have to walk around in our bodies. I'm right about 100 pounds right now and I think I look pretty good most of the time. You know I have weight issues from my posts though. Right now I am feeling awful and I'm sure I will probably winding up losing more weight because of it. I cant really afford to lose more weight but if I'm sick and cant eat there isnt much I can do about it. I have been eating a pretty hardy dinner lately.