Lost your toy

@911Ricki (13602)
I went to volunteer then work, I come home to my Dad holding a cat toy covered in his new paint. He was painting the downstairs hallway, and up the stairs wall. He was taking a break and left the can open. Patches comes flying up the stairs and gets on the couch beside him. He tells her to get off, and he said she gave me this look, and then ran over to my Mom and meowing, running over to the stairs, they just ignored her. My Dad goes down 10 minutes later to paint, and saw something feather sticking out of the can. He digs it out, to find a cat toy. He assumes she was flinging it around and it fell into the can, and she was trying to tell him.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
Awww, cats are soo intelligent, I hope your Dad realises this fact. Did he tell the cat off? Hope not.
@911Ricki (13602)
Once he realized what she had done, he laughted at it.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
That's good to know.
@911Ricki (13602)
I think he just thought she was getting on the coach, to sit with him.
@NailTech (6890)
Awe, that is so cute. Yes I believe she was trying to tell them. Does she ever do that other times? My cat has tried to tel me when she uses the litterbox so I can clean it for her, at times. But then again we have a wierd cleaning habit here, not of my own liking anyways. The litter gets changed right away at least. But it is messy to do.
@911Ricki (13602)
She does come with toys, and meow real loud. But nothing like that, she may just want attention. I probably would take awhile to understand, I would think she wanted petted.
@BarBaraPrz (19405)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Harmony tells me when she's used the litter box, too. (She also tells me the kettle's boiling if I'm not paying attention to it.)
@911Ricki (13602)
That is so cute, my cat's don't do that. Just when they want to play.
@ElicBxn (60771)
Poor Patches, losing her toy to a can of paint - leaving the can open wasn't one of your dad's brighter moments!
@911Ricki (13602)
I know, what if she tried digging it out herself.
@Loverbear (4928)
Sounds like your Dad owes Patches a new feather toy! Poor baby was having such a good time (probably high on latex fumes...my cats get high on the stuff. It doesn't hurt them but they are a riot when I'm painting!) and flinging her toy around when it fell where she knew she couldn't retrieve it so she showed high reasoning power and went to get help...it's too bad your parents aren't tuned into "cat" language. Last night Willy let out a horrible yowl, that had me standing up at the side of the bed in one leap. I raced to find him, worried that he might be hurt, and found him in the kitchen with his white cat nip mouse hanging from his mouth. I didn't know whether to be upset or relieved that he wasn't hurt. I ended up being neither because he was so cute sitting there showing me that he could catch mice too even if it is only a cat nip mouse. He feels that since his brother is a great mouser HE has to prove his worth too. I've tried to explain to him that he is perfect as a lover and that he doesn't have to catch mice too...but apparently it hasn't sunk in yet. Poor Willy!
@BarBaraPrz (19405)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
If she tells you Timmie's in the well, start worrying.
@911Ricki (13602)
They definitely do tell us stuff. We humans just don't always listen as we should to our fuzzies. Earlier, I heard meowing but I didn't think much of it; the middle cat will carry toys around and show off her prey. I should have, though, since she never trotted into the living room to show off a crocheted squid or bunny. After a bit, I opened the bathroom door after a bit and there was "middle cat" sitting there looking a bit miffed. Apparently, Daddy had accidentally closed her in there when he shut the door after getting ready to go out. Might I add, though, that she couldn't be too upset. She knows that this bathroom is off-limits to the kitties. I wish that it didn't have to be that way, but it does. There are simply too many issues with that bathroom for me to be comfortable with the kids playing in there.
@ZoeJoy (1395)
lol My daughter has a little dog that white with rust-brown spots on his back. His head is completely rust-brown to his neck. He looks like he stuck his head in a paint can and then shook off the paint and splotches landed on his back. Good thing your cat didn't try to retrieve the cat toy by sticking his head in the paint can. And good thing your dad didn't have a pan of paint, you cat would probably ended up with painted paws and paw prints all over the floor. Your cat made the right choice - he was trying to meow and tell you what happened. It seems we always have to 'listen' to our pets. I remember several times when our family dog or cat would come and try to tell us something. Often, we would ignore it but then, realize they are trying to let us know something that we really needed to know. Lucky for your dad and mom - it could have been worse. :)