can the name of the block help me?

if I have the name of a block and the name of the town.Is there some site map that would tell me about the neighborhood? I am looking and found some great listings but can't figure out about the neighborhood from the computer. adrain said I could google and find out. I can't imagine how I would find out this info. I was given one name from a mylot friend and the rent was so high I know it is a good neighborhood. I contacted two landlords about future listings in the area. thanks for the help.
@trisha27 (3505)
I have searched for places like that with the name of the street and if you just have the name of the state and city you may be able to find it. But you'd have to do some searching if you don't have the physical house number.
I have the house number as well. I will check it out. thanks.
@winterose (39922)
try googling crime rate, name of neighbourd, name of city, and state and maybe it will say.
Ok,that will be what I do in the morning when I wake up and get online. thanks Oh,I might try one tonight. just to see what to look for .
@911Ricki (13602)
Nope, not really unless somethere bad happens, and it's posted online. I mean you wont truely know until you live there. When we lived in the city for school we looked at this house, it was small, the house looked like abomb blew up in it, and it even had bars on the windows. My sister goes it's fine, I refused to live there just by walking out the door, and being the only white person walking around. I went home, looked it up, and there were shootings throughout the neighbourhood. I then refused to live there even more, my sister was so clueless. i said I was not paying the same rent, to live in this dirty neighbourhood, when I could live 2 minutes from the school, and walk to school, being a in a safe neighbourhood.
Maybe it's a Canadian thing, but I've never heard of blocks having names. I've heard of street names, city names, and county names, but never block names.