can you help me jazz up my meal.

I put some italian sausage in a frying pan with some oil and some seasoning and some chopped onions. I really don't want to make rice tonight because I will end up eating too much. so,what else can I do with this. mac and cheese does not sound good to me with this.. help..
@MaylaJay (350)
You could just fix rolls or something. I say that's enough, but you could fix some potatoes if you really want something else with it. Fried potatoes are good with sausage and onion.
I have some of this and can add it to the pot. thanks let me see what else is here.
@Mavic123456 (7910)
• Thailand
isn't mac and cheese have higher calories than rice? I tried to go on a diet by not eating rice, but, I tend to snack frequently when I am not into rice, though I tried to cut it down too.
I tend to want to chew something so I eat more food which is really not good for me. I am trying to cut that out by snacking on salads now.
• Thailand
yes, me, either smoke or snack. arrgh! have some carrot sticks (looks who's doing hahaha) I have chips here.. I hate this attitude... I want to trim down but I am so snacking person arrgh! such pig mentality I have...
How about heating up some nice soft bread or rolls? I`m not using much oil to cook now that I`m on a diet, but you already mixed two no-nos (sausage and oil). So you can make the best of it. I am using potatoes a lot now. I have them cooked and eat just a half.
that food was so darn god and I know the next one will be better. I though about the oil after I put the meat in it and it burned me.
I know what you mean, gifts. Sometimes I forget about dieting when food is too good. I am very fond of sausage and salami. But I have to slim down 16 to 20 pounds. That`s a lot!
@911Ricki (13602)
You can stuff peppers, or even tomatoes with it. I saw them premade in the package in the store. They actually look delicous.
I am going to try so many of these good idea when I am in need of a meal. I would like to try this for adrain he needs more veggies and less starch.
@911Ricki (13602)
I made some in the summer but it was cheese, mixed with onions, mushrooms,and spinach, grilled on the bbq. I really liked them, even my Dad liked them and he doesn't like veggies. You could make sort of like a caserole with it as well. I saw one in a magazine at work, it was tomatoes, turkey (I am sure you can use Italian sausage), and onion mixed with egg (like a queesh.
How about a green vegetable? Brocolli, brussel sprouts, beans, peas, spinach, green peppers, cabbage, kale or mustard greens. I have been hungry for mustard greens lately for some reason.
I am now going to add some peas and corn. I added all the rest already. thanks
Sounds like a meal. Enjoy!
@ZoeJoy (1395)
How about sauteing some vegetables - spinach, celery, tomatoes. Sausage and vegetables make a healthy dish. You don't need the carbs at every meal. Just meat and veggies will make a nice, filling and healthy meal.
this was just great. I read it and ran to the freezer. I put in the brocolli,carrots,califlower and other stuff in the bag. I put it all in the pan with the meat. the onions cooked down so well. thanks.
@mariaperalta (19096)
• Mexico
some kind of noodle like spagetti would go great with it, add some oregano... mmmm good....
we just had that so that would not work tonight. thanks.
@bjc66bjc (6745)
Perhaps you can add some perogi's to that dish.maybe some potatoe or cheese perogi's will be delicious....
@bjc66bjc (6745)
sorry, thats pierogi...sorry about that....
@Pegasus72 (1904)
we serve it with pepper and onions on rolls.
@Pegasus72 (1904)
or in sauce over spaghetti
@yoyo1198 (3644)
With sausage, I like to fix up some cabbage. Chop up about a half a head of cabbage (for 2 ppl) and saute in butter, olive oil, bacon grease, or some kind of vegetable oil. The put a lid on it and let it cook for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. I do this with kielbasa or Italian sausage a lot. I usually just zap the sausage long enough for it to get cooked through. Or you could just put the sausage in with the cabbage while it is cooking.
@bjc66bjc (6745)
Now this sounds delicious,I am going to try this myself...
Potatoes quartered and tossed with olive oil, rosemary (or Italian seasoning) and a bit of salt and roasted would work with that. It's best if you do not peel them--both for the sake of taste and for the sake of getting more nutrients from the potatoes. Steamed spinach would also be good, as would roast carrots (just drizzled in olive oil and a bit of salt), spinach salad or garlic smashed potatoes.
• Mexico
great idea... im going to make that with sausage sometime here...
@pomwango (1355)
• Kenya
why don't you deep fry some potatoes on the side, cut as french fries or slices then add your sausage and make some sauce and combine them to make some masala mix of the meal.if you add tomato paste of fresh tomatoes you can have a fun meal,try it and tell me how it goes.
You can make a kind of carbonara. I do it with crumbled bacon all the time. Make some spaghetti noodles and boil them. Drain them without rinsing. Mix up an egg into a big bowl and add the hot spaghetti. Then add your sausage mix in there. Just toss it like a salad and add Parmesan cheese. The raw egg cooks to the hot spaghetti instantly as you toss the spaghetti noodles. It's called Pasta Carbonara. I use bacon, but you can use sausage too.
Typically when we will have Italian sausage here, I will serve them on rolls with fried peppers and onions. Then when it comes to sides to go along with the sausage sandwiches, I will have french fries (baked) and a vegetable of some sort (we really like broccoli around here). I personally don't think that rice would really be a good side dish to go along with sausage sandwiches because it just sounds like too much starch to me.
@winterose (39931)
spaghetti, the Italians put Italian sausage in the meat sauce a lot.
@aghiuta (526)
One of my favourite meals ,that " are good for you too " is starting as you did, then add 1or 2 cans of mixed beans,or 2 cans of different beans, 1 can of diced tomatoes,a bay leaf,and cook for a bit,season for taste with salt,pepper ,and if you like it hot,some cayenne.But be careful,it is hot!,
I suspect your on diet so the best way to do is eat food sound not good to you to discipline yourself for surely with that you'll be eating a little.
@DaGonz (11)
italian sausage + little oil + cabbage + snow peas + dash of pepper = dinner italian sausage + little oil + corn / young corn + basil = yummy italian sausage + little oil + sun dried tomatoes + garlic toast = crunchy delight with little oil I actually mean olive oil or canola oil for good health.
@amybrezik (2123)
What if you made some bisquits and made miniture sandwiches with some cheese. Or you could always put it in an omlet. Breakfast can be good for dinner too. You could also put it on some pizza or make some other type of pasta other than macaroni with it. There are all kinds of possibilities!