Would You Want To Be Famous? No I Mean REALLY?

@sulynsi (2837)
I wonder if it wouldn't be pretty awful to be famous. I think of individuals whose lives are constantly scrutinized, everything they do or say is analyzed, commented on, criticized. Fame is a factor in the deaths of not a few well known people. The princess Diana certainly an example of someone whose life was put at risk by the constant media attention, and the appetite for photos of her doings led to such a tragic end. I am amazed that people put their likenesses online . It is a comfort I think, to have a measure of annonimity. Perhaps we are not as under the radar as we think, but why make it easier for someone to exploit you?
@JenInTN (27565)
Fame would make me crazy..well..crazier. I suppose we all have childhood dreams of being famous for one thing or another but when you really think about the price to pay...it is way too high for me. I do value my privacy and I would be miserable.
@sulynsi (2837)
crazier well, you are sort of famous I recognize your avatar and think, oh how nice, JenInTN stopped by believe me, with my memory, being remembered IS fame
@JenInTN (27565)
@Janurmas (645)
Actually I don't want to be famous at all. But, what can I do if only there are medias to expose my findings. Some people made themselves famous by their money poser. They invite medias to publish their events so they got famous. But some people are really don't want to be famous, but because there are reported their findings to the media, they got famous.
@sulynsi (2837)
This is true. Well, I guess I am safe! I have nothing that would bring me fame, either by design or by accident!
@sishy7 (27606)
"It is a comfort I think, to have a measure of anonymity". Well, I could not agree more with you there. I would not mind being 'famous' here, for instance, as long as I can maintain being anonymous. I like to have control over whom would I like to have the ability to access me. Celebrities open themselves to anyone; too scary of an idea for me to handle...
@sulynsi (2837)
I wonder if its even possible to be truly famous without losing that annonymity? If some one wants to find you, and you are 'out there', whether by looks or talent or whatever, can one really keep hidden?
@Raine38 (9193)
In all honesty, I don't think I want to be famous. Even now, I don't prefer to be in the middle of things. If pictures are being taken, I'd rather be the one behind the camera than in front of it. Besides, I don't think I will be able to handle the price of being famous has to pay. I prefer a simple, quiet, and stress free life. Heck even if now that I am an infamous nobody I get stressed a lot.
@sulynsi (2837)
Me too!! I HATE being in pictures!!! No paparrazzi for me please!
@kenshin2143 (1882)
Personally, I would like to be famous but in a sense that I can still do the things I usually do. If you mean celebrity famous here, well, I do not desire such for there are many downfalls in those things as well as I would become very prone to stress, scandals and issues.
@sulynsi (2837)
This is just one drawback. The lack of privacy. Who wants to live in a fishbowl?
Hello Sulynsi, of course, there's a lot of people out there who likes and wants to be famous because they want to be "in" and be the center of the crowd. some wants to try different so that people would noticed them. some people just can't get used to the normal and simple life the way am having right now. simple things and blessings. there are those who gets stuck at being famous that they'd do anything to stay there you can't have your private life anymore because people will be looking into you more often now. have a nice day
@sulynsi (2837)
I think you state it quite well. People don't necessarily want to be famous, but well liked and respected . Perhaps to enjoy some of the benefits of being well thought of. Fame can really go south on a person and cause more trouble than its worth!!