Priests cannot absolve this

Our teacher in theology yesterday told us that among the sins of men, sins related to abortion is one that priests cannot absolve. Only bishops are given the authority to absolve such crime. However, there are also some priest given this special privilege, namely the Jesuit priests. Its really pretty odd for me to know this, but I think it would be of great help in the future.
@urbandekay (18312)
No priest or bishop or pope can absolve you of any sin. For it is written there is but one mediator between God and Man in Timothy "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;" KJV Seems your theology teacher needs to do some bible study all the best, urban
I think our teacher does not have any problems at all. How about asking some roman catholic priests in your neighborhood to verify this. Besides, almost all religion have their own unique way of viewing sins and absolving of sins. As for my discussion here, its in the perspective of the Roman Catholic.
@urbandekay (18312)
Now why would I ask a priest? He is just a human and stands not in authority (Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.), I prefer to take advice from the words of Jesus as should all who claim to follow him. all the best, urban
@yoyo1198 (3643)
This response from urban is the same that I was going to give. So now I can just add my 'ditto'.
@rog0322 (2834)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Hi, What is it anyway? There are lots if definition to it but the debate still goes on without end. Some priests themselves may have a hand in that killing of the unborn just to cover up their escapades and retain their good reputations. Being a Roman Catholic, I do believe in that principle but the way people lead their lives nowadays in terms of sexuality and its aftermath, I may say only a few could stand up to it.
Well, as still humans, priest are not really perfect like most of us think. I do respect that they also have their own flaws. But considering that they are somehow married to God would be something rare for most of us. So, I do believe priests still are worthy to be respected.
@julyteen (13259)
• Davao, Philippines
That is their point of view and dogma so we cannot twist the reality that most of the clergy and bishop today make a laws for their own sake only. I don't believe such views from them.