I can't decide what to do

@911Ricki (13602)
I am waiting for my seasonal boss to call, usuall mid February I start work again for a few days aweek then, come May ish I start full time 7 days a week. During the summer months the money, and work is steady. I usually work 3pm - 9pm sometimes even as late as 2am. What I can figure out he tossed all the other workers, or they found other jobs. He kept repeating if I was coming back. I said yes, and I mean he is an amasing boss (sometimes I disgree but overall). But it's the fact I am out fo work 5 months of the year, it slows down, and the odd day iin September, then nothing until February. I think he wants me for deliveries this year as well, which is cash. I can make up to $900 per run, whether it be to the US, or to Alberta. I told him I will take any hours, and if my seasonal job is out, then I can work more hours. The lady that works during the day only works 3 -4 hours most days, and I get the rest. Now when I am out of work 5 months, he can;t pay me (he doesn't basically run those months), I can't collect unemployement (as I get declined), I do work my day job (as far as I know it will be continuing unless they say so come spring), and I am trying to keep the pet store but she is really getting on my nerves. I want to apply else where for the money, but then I know come summer I will be run off my feet, then nothing for months. I can't buy a place, and survive from going from $3400 a month to $1385 and survive. To pay my bills with a mortgage I need minimum about $2800 a month.
I wish I could have any of those amounts you have there. I am goig to check into my child care license so I can get to work as well. I know it will be something i cna do and do well. I love kids.
@911Ricki (13602)
The cost of living here, is ridicuous compared to the US. I would be laughting over the cost of things in the US, this including rent, and utilities. What I make a year $35,000 a year and I am under poverty, I barely skim by. Those on welfare make more than I do. $12,000 at least goes to the government fot taxes. I work 4 jobs right now, and I am looking for another just to pay the basics I work 7 days a week, and work 16 hours minimum a day, yet the government says oh well. Plus, 90% of my income goes to basic necesities, rent, hydro, heat, water, septic, the rest goes for my car, and I skim by with the rest which is why I am online making money, and coupons to just pay for my groceries. My parents make $80,000 a year a barely get by on necesiities (and they dont have a mortgage), or anything real fancy. Here to work in daycare even in your house, costs a few thousand you need the place inspected, it has to be so big (most require a house with a fenced backyard), also the provider needs a college degree, and certification by the town.
There is something you don't want to hear but I am going to say it any way. and I mean no harm by saying it either. You have more than one mouth to feed in your house. if you were to do any cut backs you would save big time on vet bills and food. so,you really have it better than you realize. if the average welfar recipient had to feed all the mouths you feed they would feel the same as you do. When things get tough for everyone there are things we have to do to cut the fat. your not willing to give up anything to save more money so you really have nothing to complain about. if you were feeding just you and one animal do you really think you would be killing yourself working all those jobs. If I were to do what your doing and complain in an effort to help me what would you advise me to do. really think about it I want to know what you would tell another person living your life to do to cut back. you always say your friends and family can't do this or that and are not responsible for one reason or the other. so you really think anyone should be working thier tails to the bone to feed all those animals. nope you would say they need to not do it. now,I would never tell you to do it because those are your babies. but,I would say don't look at what you don't have look at what you do have. all the people around you have less mouth to feed. more freedom and a social life and maybe even a decent relationship with humans. you need more in life as well as we all do. but,this craving you have for animals might just do you more harm then good. You spend $700 on vet bills when your trying to buy a house. what would you say if that was your brother or sister. you can't do this. you need to give up something to have more for yourself.
here to get a license you have to take classes and you get s fund from the state to buy supplies like mats and toys and stuff. they inspect your home for free. you can take care of two kids by law without a license. with more kids you need testing and a back ground check from the state. when you move it might work with you to get a license if you really like working with kids. you can charge the going rate per child or give a discount and hope they bring you more business. I wish you luk with this because your too young to be working your body like this .something good needs to happen for you a new home good paying job and some one special in your life if you wanted would be a plus. you deserve love to you know.
@MoonGypsy (4613)
wow! u seem to be doing good for your self even though you don't have anything really steady right now. it's good you know how to get your hustle on. many people are out there worse than you are, believe me.
@911Ricki (13602)
Good? I am under poverty line. The cost of living must be completely different from where you are. What I make right now wouldn't even pay my rent, and groceries.
@devonavis (1857)
• Greece
I understand. It seems you really need to budget your money. Maybe try looking for lower rents or say marry a rich guy.:) kidding!
@911Ricki (13602)
B will be the more reasonable and easier. I want to buy because it is cheapier than renting. The cost of living here is ridiculous, yet the income drops, yet the cost of living goes up. Noone will be able to afford to live soon.
@BarBaraPrz (18443)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
You'll work something out. I'm sure of it. Good luck.
@911Ricki (13602)
I've been looking on taking on a few paper routes as well, to make a little extra money. Once I move out, I plan on petsitting in my home as well. But for the time being I am not sure what to do.
I wish I could make what you make. I make $1110 a month on SSDI and in making about $230 a month from writing. That's all I get except for what I get from mylot.
@911Ricki (13602)
The cost of living is a lot higher here, rent alone is $1110 a month here. It would be cheapier in the long run to buy the place, and hopefully by the end of summer I will have the 25% down. But I may figure out this summer, and see if it's possible for me to put away more during the summer and live off it during the winter. I need something to make it work, but my day job is on the line right now. I need monimum $2,800 a month to live, and that is skimming it by hoping nothing happens (that doesn't include a landline phone, tv, nor internet) although I would use a tv, but inetnet is my life outside of work. Just seems to go in a circle, and waiting is not fun wondering if I will have my other jobs or not.
@lilybug (21182)
That is a tough decision to make. It does sound like the money that you make while working your seasonal job is nice, but I understand the frustration with not having any income from that job for 5 months out of the year. I know you have said in the past that full time jobs are really hard to come by where you live, so although finding a full time year round job would be the ideal answer I know it is not some thing that would come easily. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.