The situation in Russia with multiculturalism

@maximax8 (27344)
United Kingdom
My home country is the United Kingdom and I live in the part which is called England. We fully embrace multiculturalism here. We have people of different religions and they are happily respected. We have many black people and black is beautiful. All skin colors are fine with me. I watched a program about the situation in Russia at the time of Hitler's birthday 20th April. Some skin heads were violent to people that were black. They only see black or white such criminal idiots. The international students were told to stay in due to the risk of the skin heads bashing them. That program was filmed in Moscow. It said that the skin heads hate the people from Georgia, Armenia and Azerbaijan. What do you think about some people in Russia not wishing to embrace multiculturalism? Does your country have any multiculturalism? Do you to live in a multicultural society?
@WakeUpKitty (8707)
• Netherlands
You know.. I kind of doubt England is embracing multiculturalism. It's what they say about my country (the Netherlands) too. We do embrace it, we have many cultures, religions and so many foreigners (already since ages) that it's hard to say who is dutch (really dutch???) and who not. But things never really changed. Might be people say black is beautiful but in reality it's not. White still seems to be better and this attitude is all over the world. Even black people do find someone with a darker skin as theirs lower on the "stairs" (lower level, less good). After all these ages we still say or think white people are more clever as black people. We still say black people are lazy. Reality is that gypsies, black people, etc etc worldwide are disliked and most countries only like their own race. If I drive to Hungary I meet very nasty, hostile people everywhere. Especially in Austria. I have been discriminated my whole life (white mom black dad). Nothing has changed in the past 40 years. I don't think russians hate other races more as any other country does in this world. The USA is build by people all over the world, mainly people from different European countries but even they have nothing in common. They kill eachother about nothing. In Africa people do the same, they just can't stand the others no matter if they are black or not.
@maximax8 (27344)
I am a world traveler and I like the different skin tones that are seen in different countries. The Asian look with the slightly yellow skin and the slanted eyes is lovely. Black is a great color in tropical countries like Kenya. They all have a dark black skin. In statistics the Asian is the more intelligent than a white British person. The Afro Caribbean is relaxed typically. It is interesting to hear that your mom is is white and your dad is black. It is a shame people in Austria are nasty to you. In my childhood I read a heartwarming story about a gypsy. At my dancing class I am friends with some people from other counties. One is from Ukraine, one is from Russia and two of the ladies are black. My male friend of mine married a black lady. She came from the USA I believe.
• Netherlands
I think you have unfriendly (or should I say hostile) people everywhere. I am married to an african man, my children are way more blond as I am. If I come to the border of Austria I already know who they pick out (I already know that since years so does my dad) if they have a check up at the border. Racism, extremists you find everywhere in this world, it's getting worser (might be the economic situation as well). I doubt if intelligence can be messeared the way they do, there are many different ways to measure intelligence. Also asians do have an other way to educate and practise way more (the children). Being relaxes (which is indeed an African attitude) has nothing to do with intelligence (btw it doesn't mean they do not have stress at all they are just raised differently.. Always smile is one of the rules). I sent my children to a world school (well the youngest two) but I quit with it. Why? Because there are many extremist people (parents and children) who threaten each other (mostly muslims btw). This is not what I expect to see at a world school. My children never noticed there is a difference of skin colour or eyes, now they (9 and 7 years old) start to see it thanks to this school. Personally I am kind of blind to if it comes to that, I just see the inside so if it comes to that it doesn't matter what one looks like, it's the inside that counts. Btw as I spoke about discrimination, my (black) granny was saying terrible things about black people or asian people (she travelled a lot). I felt very ashamed about her and told her to have a closer look in the mirror many times. Also my husband doesn't like the colour of his skin. He also asked me if it's true black people are stupid, etc. Somehow he is also brainwashed by the opinion of white people.
@bounce58 (17524)
We're not originally from here. We chose to move and live here because they say multiculturalism is accepted here. When we first got here, I still found some discrimination against skin color, or from where I was from. But I put that against the older generation here. My kids go to a multicultural school. I think for them the world isn't defined by skin color. The future looks brighter for them.
@cynthiann (18619)
• Jamaica
This is why when I married my husband who was from a black/Portuguese Jewish genetic makeup, I decided to move to his home so that any future children would be first class citizens in this little country. I wanted them to have self worth and be proud of themselves and their country. I wanted them to walk tall and have no inferiority complexes. I am glad that I made this decision. They shared the same womb and I am bessed to be their mother.
@bounce58 (17524)
This is a great way of looking at it!
• Budennovsk, Russian Federation
I am from Russia. Your information is mainly true. I don't know why, but we hardly know the definition and meaning of multiculturalism. We have had some wars during our history with people of other colour skin - Mongols-Tatars, Turkish, Japanese, Chechens. So it influenced our attitude towards them for sure....
@urbandekay (18312)
You say we fully embrace multiculturalism but I who am also English disagree. Multiculturalism is a bad thing, it has produced ghettos of people not integrated into the culture. A nation is a people united by a common culture, that culture can have diverse racial and cultural inputs but that is very different from the idea of multiculturalism, which far from engendering peace has bred ignorance, fear and prejudice, a deleterious effect that is only mitigated where it has broken down and led to integration. And it is that integration that has allowed us to remain a country with perhaps less racism than many. It is a misguided and at root discriminatory dogma, foisted on us by those with load but empty voices all the best, urban
@toyota4k (1212)
As Lincoln of America once said, that all men are created equal, abolishing black slavery in The US during his time, this we should uphold. Every man, being black or white is God's creation.
@cynthiann (18619)
• Jamaica
Having spent 8 months of last year back in the U.K. - land of my birth, I tend not to agree with you. The violence and hatred surprised me but then economic conditions and unemployment make an angry population look for someone to blame. One particular sect of people seem to be gaining control and it is not looking good for the future as the U.K. appears to be the only country that obeys the European laws - who else does? The madness there should stop. My home in Jamaica is about 94% of various shades of black from light brown to deepest black. The rest of the population is made up of Caucasion, Arabs, Chinese, Indians and now some Russian and Cubans. A real polyglot. We are not politically correct and distinguish eqch other by rqacial description. There is very little racial bigotry as it is more of a class issue. I am ~Caucasin and my husband of mixed race and I nhave lived here for 53 years and it has been no big deal as far as colour is concerned. I love living here and although I also love the U.K. - this little Island is now my home
@dawnald (84131)
• Shingle Springs, California
I recently blocked a Swedish online friend of mine. Part of the reason was that she didn't like my boyfriend's skin color. "Dark skinned people can't be trusted". Anyway, we are fairly multicultural here, but there is still a lot of intolerance. Since 9/11 I see a lot of anti-muslim sentiment being spewed. And there is still racial profiling. Tony gets pulled over for no reason, and I'm sure his color has a lot to do with it.