Is fish good for dogs?

@Cutie18f (9564)
This evening I fed my pet dogs with fish which I shredded into pieces and mixed with rice. I also sprinkled the food with a handful of dog food. My pet dogs don't eat dog food by itself. They will eat it only when it is mixed with real food. But I heard that fish is not good for dogs. How true is this? Please share your know-how on this.
Raw or cooked? Cooked is fine, I guess but I was advised to refrain giving seafood to my dog or his hair will fall out. Not something I want to happen.
@Cutie18f (9564)
No, not other seafood Jeanne, but fish which is cooked of course.
@robspeakman (1707)
I don't know... However I have been feeding my Fish with dog for ages and he loves it
@Cutie18f (9564)
What?
@mrsuniega (789)
for me raw fish is not good for our pet dogs since it is not cook. it may be harmful to our dogs if we feed them raw fish. try to cook it as much as possible. fish are a good source of protein that is why it cannot harm our dogs. just make sure to cook it alright?
@Cutie18f (9564)
Of course, it is cooked fish Mrsuniega.
@savypat (20248)
only cooked fish, free of all bones is good for dogs. Anything else may harm them. I don't know if a steady diet of fish is good. I do know working dogs in very cold places eat a lot of fish.
@Cutie18f (9564)
Thanks, Savvy. No, I don't do this on a regular basis.
wow, your dogs are high class! LOL. i am feeding my pet dogs with fish or just fish bones sometimes for almost a decade now and nothing bad happens to them, as a matter of fact, they are so healthy and beautiful though they are ASPINS or ASKALS. fish for dogs is not bad and i guess they love it than dog food, just my observation.
@Cutie18f (9564)
Hi Valorie! I do feed them with fish but I remove the bones because they could get stuck on their throats too, like humans. I hope this isn't bad.
@Kalyni2011 (3503)
Dogs always like non-veg food, fond of meat fish and eggs, our grandson too feeds his dog with fish, some times raw, at times cooked; I know a dog in neighbor who eats rice cooked in milk, he doesn't eat non-veg. Thank you so much for this discussion.