Using a surrogate mother

Ok so I understand when people can't physically have their own children and they use a surrogate mother, but when you do it when you are completely healthy but don't want to gain weight or have stretch marks thats just sad. How can people do this.
@ShyBear88 (17537)
That sounds like a women that is very selfish because having a baby shouldn't be about themselves and what you look like but more about having a baby that is healthy and loved by you and if you cable of having a baby with out help then you should go throw it and feel what it's like. It some times suck being pregnant but it's worth every ounce of pain and unselfishness to hold that little baby in your arms and to know you made 40 some odd weeks for this baby.
I agree with you 100% ShyBear! Well said! Pregnancy can sometimes suck, BUT the second you hold your child for the first time it is ALL worth it!
@jenny1015 (13389)
I think that for a woman to think that way, she would definitely be not a good mother to her child because all she cares about is herself or what others may think about her.
@Archie0 (4669)
I can't think about this as doing it for not getting stretch marks or things like this. But some even do because they don't want to feel the pain that is felt during giving birth to the baby. Well i think it must be their personal decision, as even the man enjoys what he wants. And the woman on other part gets what she had planned for.
I feel that if someone is completely healthy and capable of having a child then they should do so. I mean yes, sometimes pregnancy isn't the greatest time of a woman's life, BUT if the woman is capable she should have the child. If a woman is SO selfish as to worry about morning sickness, stretch marks, and gaining weight from a baby belly then in my opinion she is too selfish to be a parent as well!
@pomwango (1355)
• Kenya
i dont think someone with such selfish thinking is ready to be a mother,if you dont want the body changes that come with motherhood how will you cope with a baby who is drooling all over you, vomitting milk, diapers full of poop?i think if you are healthy to get your own do it if you have such bad reasons,just buy a doll and live happily with it.
@UmiNoor (3526)
Surrogacy should only be the last resort for women. If a woman doesn't want to be pregnant because of esthetic reasons then that woman isn't fit to be a mother. She will always put herself first before anyone even her own child. There should be laws against such surrogacy.
@rsa101 (13807)
• Quezon City, Philippines
Yeah I think that is too much that you would have to hire a mother for this if you have no problem at all. I saw one in my country he is a rich gay businessman and he decided to hire a surrogate mother to have him a child since he has no intention of getting married. He just wanted to have biological child to hand over his wealth when he gets old. He spent millions for this and got one from Russia. Now he is a proud father of a twin Russian boy and girl.
@911Ricki (13602)
Yes, it is ratehr sad, selfish and well a slap in the face. I would feel bad for the child, knowing their mother is like this, how would they parents the child then.
I don't believe that a woman that is that selfish should be able to have kids. I mean being pregnant was one of the best experiences in my life and I know that my pregnancies with each of my children was something that did make me have a much stronger bond with my children. If there was a reason that I wasn't able to have children of my own, I would have wanted to utilize a surrogate because of the fact that I always knew that I wanted to be a mother when I grew up.