The monsters/devil inside us when we drive

@bryanwmc (1052)
Malaysia
I was shown a finger today, all because in a traffic jam , i change lanes and after indicating with lights i drove into the right lane but the driver was very reluctant to allow me to go in front of him and tried to drive faster so that i might not be able to cut into the lane, but he could not coz my front was already in the lane and if he had insisted to go faster to prevent me getting ahead, definitely he will crash into the side of my car, so he had to slow down to allow me to cut in but not without showing me his dissatisfaction., blaring his horn and showing me the finger. Frankly, i felt annoyed as well but just as well , both decide to let it pass. So impatient ! But main point is not the particular driver but the fact that when many of us who drive, sometimes turn into ugly creatures of rage and impatience we cannot even recognize ourselves. Pause a moment and think, when you are driving, have you ever lost your temper or just be very angry or annoyed and in some cases start cursing and swearing at other drivers because of perceived wrong they did that affected you or almost got you into an accident. I have seen with my own eyes, friends and close ones ,usually level headed and calm in all situatons,transform into hot tempered unrecognizable persons when they are driving and other drivers suddenly cut in front of them or almost crash or side swiped into them.Lady friends usually curse annoyingly including my wife,! As for men friends sometimes losing temper and not only cursing the other driver but in one extreme case got into a fist fight on the road coz of a traffic accident they were in.both claiming it is the other's fault. Talk about road rage or road bullies, sometimes when we pause to think about how we react when we are driving ,multiply the anger we feel and thats how it starts.when it is a driver out of control of his anger. Do you , from a driver's point of view,get more easily angry than normal when you are driving?
@jaiho2009 (36769)
I wonder why people get annoyed to easily when they are on the road. I have seen many people losing their temper and I have encountered one as well. We are also caught in a traffic jam and someone behind us wants to overtake- thinking he can pass ahead since my car is too small compared to his. But, as he can see the traffic jam is bumper to bumper (if he is a hurry, everyone does) He keeps blowing his horn as if he is the only one in a hurry. I just ignore him and when I made a turn- he made a quick short cut and tried to block in front (shesssss- almost hit us) He then showed a finger (duh) people!
@bryanwmc (1052)
Yea, it is so common for things like that to happen on the road when driving and , oddly enough, the annoying driver who seems to be very hot tempered and rude ,can very well be a very nice person under ordinary circumstances, just something about driving that makes people get so easily flustered.
@WakeUpKitty (8717)
• Netherlands
No I am not but I also don't mind to drive and see it as a relaxing time/way out. (unless I need to go to the bathroom since longer and I am standing in a row for hours.. I will see how to get out and stay at a parking or so). I doubt people change into monsters while driving. To my opinion this is the real person you see. Like they say here: if you see a person drive you see how he is for real. It's the same with drinkers. Those who can only be "funny" or "cosy" or "good" company if they drink are usually wearing a mask.
@bryanwmc (1052)
Good for you, you must be a very patient person, because as i have so often noticed, driving on the road just somehow can make one into a very high strung temperament and snap the driver into a outraged mood very easily.doesn't take too much for tempers to flare especially in traffic incidents or accidents