do we have to buy that poloshirt?

We have a new 2 sets of uniform that will be arriving next week. These uniforms will be alternately worn from Monday & Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, Wednesday being a “wash day”. They were for free for regular employees like us. Thus, when we were made to fit the polo shirts that were from an affiliate company store , that were said to be plentiful at the warehouse, we asked what’s it for. And HR said it’s a uniform for the “wash day”. Yet, we will be deducted for it for 3 months from our salary! So, most of us were a bit annoyed because why would it still be imposed that on wash day, we still wear a polo shirt for uniform, much more pay for it? Can't we not just wear civilian like it was always before? I thought it should have been for free since it formed part of the uniforms. What do you think guys?
@jenny1015 (13394)
If it is a uniform then that is supposed to be free. Why did they impose such thing on their employees? That is crazy!
Yes, that's true. So i talked it over the Finance head, and she too agreed that it shouldn't be charged to us, but will be considered as part of our uniform budget, since our two sets of uniform costs less than what we budgeted for it. Thus, the HR OIC was informed and yehey, it is for free! Thanks to me.
@KrauseHome (33250)
Personally, I would be a little annoyed as well, and like why did I not have a choice, and what is the Big deal? Personally this does not sound right especially if you have enough clothes to wear that are appropriate most days. Hope they have given you a choice, or more of an explanation for this by now.
As of now, it's already okay with me if we wear that polo shirt because it was already given to us for free. I have talked with the Finance Manager and saw my reason that the two sets of uniform costs lesser than what was budgeted for it. So, charging the poloshirt to the excess budget is justifiable. Hence, the polo shirt is the company's expense already. We can wear civilian clothes on Saturday work.
I don't know but this situation is normal in schools and other institutions. The admin chooses the uniform and they get issued to the the staff. I imagine that the uniforms are deducted form their salary. However, there shouldn't be a wash day. It (the schedule of apparel) sounds like my former alma mater. wait a sec, which is free - the uniform for the wash day or the uniform for the other days?
The uniforms for the Non-wash day, my friend. It may be cheaper but still it should have formed part of the free uniform, because the budget we had allocated for the uniforms had much excess still.
• Dhaka, Bangladesh
You are very right. As it is imposed by your office/company, they should provide it at free of cost.
That's what i told our HRD head. She should have justified to our boss, that since our two sets of uniforms costs lesser than the budget, why can't they just pay also for the polo shirt? She said, she have yet to discuss it again with our boss, the general manager. I hope my direct boss, our boss will agree too. It may be minimal deduction but we are just speaking our rights too, as regular employees.