I'm excited to meet up with a friend but im also shy

@andak2007 (3229)
This friend of mine now resides abroad and we agreed to meet later this evening because she just got two weeks of vacation here in the country and this is the only chance i get to see her. We have been good friends for more than 10 years and now that we are both married and with kids, we still keep the friendship and had been constant strenght for each other. Now, my problem is i am actually to meet up with her because my life have been hard and she is now somewhat with monies and very confident...which is the opposite of what i am right now. Should i push through with the meet up or decline? I wanna see her because i miss her and she will fly out later this weekend, i am not that confident and i do not know what to say or how to act in front of her. HELP!
@hereandthere (31981)
wear what's comfortable so you are relaxed. wear your favorite cologne and lipstick, too. just like you, she's eager to talk to you personally, not to make comparisons. bring along pictures of your hubby and kids to show her. if you can give her or her kids any small simple gift that's unique to our country or the region you live in to take back with her, do so. (just make sure it's light and easy to pack! hahahah!)
@andak2007 (3229)
well, it went very well, she gave me gifts im ashamed i wasn't able to give her anything. But the next time she comes home again, i will prepare better!
@enelym001 (8333)
Don't be shy. You have achieved something in your life. Both of you may have a different life. But I am sure whatever she has right now compared to what you have doesn;t matter to her. What she wants is to see you. Like what you wanted too. Not for her to brag about her success in life. And not for you to talk about your frustrations.
@andak2007 (3229)
I did meet with my very good friend and you are right, we just missed each other that much and it all went smooth and very heart warming, now i remember why we became friends in the first place despite our standing in life. It really does not matter to her what i am and what she is, it is our friendship that is important and we have been friends for almost 15 years and counting, i am really glad i went out with her.
@zandi458 (27952)
Just relax and dont make yourself feel inferior. Go ahead and enjoy your conversations with your friend.
@andak2007 (3229)
it is really hard to relax when you feel so small and insecure, but i hope to get through all that and put it behind my back for her sake and for the friendship we have taken cared of for more than 10 years.
If you are good friends from last 10 years then why are you feeling shy of her just because you are going through a rough patch. I don't think its the strong enough reason to cancel the meet because good times and bad times are the part of life and if you are having a bad time now then surely you will also have a good time in coming future so don't worry about it. And if you doesn't meet her then definitely she will feel disappointed and might take it in a wrong way. So I will say go for it and instead of feeling shy just act as a normal in front of her.
@andak2007 (3229)
yeah you are right, i need to put aside my insecurieties for the sake of our friendship, that is more important for me.
In spite of long detachments, you both have kept touch with each other. You both must have discussed on each other's family and financial matters and about your present monetary position too. Now she wants to see you and perhaps wants to find that old smile in you. Its the great asset in you for that friend. So now its your time. Just be confident, put a casual shirt what u normally wear for a good occasion. You must meet her. Talk to her for long. Dont think that you are now with low status in comparison to her. Some of your cool and free from tension moments will definitely make her happy. Go man. You can do it. Otherwise you will repent in life and as i understand no one should repent for any reason in life. All the best.
@andak2007 (3229)
she knows about my current state and i just miss her so much and i'd like to see her in person..i hope all goes well later tonight.
@jagjit273 (1740)
Just go and meet her. If you miss this time you will regret for whole life. Just don't break the eye contact. Everything will go fine.
@andak2007 (3229)
that is also what i think, if i do not see her then it may take many years to see her again and she might feel bad when i do not show up tonight.
@mariaperalta (19094)
• Mexico
thats great..dont be shy. All will be great. Hope you have a great time.
@andak2007 (3229)
thank you for the encouragement
• Dhaka, Bangladesh
Hi friend, do not feel shy. You just go ahead.