"You look better now than last year".....

@Cutie18f (9564)
That's what a friend of mine told me when I met her this morning. So I had to thank her for that compliment. She said that my "aura" (whatever that means) is now a lot better compared to the last time we met which was last year. Do you always believe compliments like this? Was she saying this just to make conversation? I don't care, but I think I should believe her since I am now going to the gym as often as I can. Have you been complimented like that? Do you believe it?
@hereandthere (28074)
some are pleased that i'm "fatter" because they think i look "healthier." some think i should lose a little weight since i'm already tall and look even "bigger." it really depends how long they have known me and when they last saw me. but the "aura" part is also correct. if someone is happy about their appearance, state of health, and weight (whatever number that is), their contentment and confidence will show in their posture, the way they dress, their face, and that belief won't be affected by any comment, positive or negative. if someone says you look like a stuffed sausage in a short, tight dress, you won't care. if everyone says you're pretty but you only see your flaws, it's useless.
@Cutie18f (9564)
Thanks Here for that discussion on "aura." It's a general look probably that one exudes.
@jenny1015 (13391)
I do feel great being complimented that way. But I don't just believe it every time. If it was a real friend who told me, then I'd really believe her right away. Well, you know some people, either they do not know how to start a conversation or are just into those "praising" stuff just to make you feel good about yourself.
@Cutie18f (9564)
I know, because I also do this. When I compliment someone it is because I just want to make a good start.
@dpk262006 (56094)
Hi! It always feels great to receive compliments. Compliments cheer ourselves up. May be she would have seen you after some gap and would have found you more beautiful than earlier. She must be a very positive person. You see majority of people around you try to find faults with you or will speak something unpleasant. For us you were beautiful and you are beautiful because you are a wondeeful human being and nice friend.
@Cutie18f (9564)
I agree DP. Some people look at the positive side of people and that's why they find them nice and beautiful.
@dpk262006 (56094)
You need to value and respect these kind of positive friends because they make you smile.
@Cutie18f (9564)
Yes, DP, I do value them.
@jricky1 (6809)
Well to be quite honest,i never been compliment like that and i hope i can hear that cuz that means i look better than last year and things get better.lol,isn't it?So just make yourself being entertained and it's lovely to hear good things.
@Cutie18f (9564)
Yes, JR. It is also inspiring.
@madony (1)
• Nigeria
I think she notice some thing different from the way you last year or she is trying to create conversation between you two
@Cutie18f (9564)
Maybe, I am really not very sure but it's not a bad thing to be complimented I guess even if it's only to make small talk.
@Archie0 (4669)
I do get compliments rarely. When i get them i feel very happy and so enlighten and suddenly i feel i am beautiful. I was complimented when i had lost so much weight(which i gained back double now) and then my skin was glowing and i use to look so pretty. Everyone almost every possible person was complimenting to me. I really feel great when someone says words that make me happy.
@Cutie18f (9564)
Hi Archie! If that's you on the photo, then indeed you are pretty.
@prashu228 (25805)
Hi Yes i have observed this, people when they see us after some time. They usually notice everything so it may be true. But some say this for the sake of starting a conversation with a happy note. we can make it by the way they say .Whether they really mean it or not.
@Cutie18f (9564)
Yes, Prashu and we of course have the tendency to also return the compliment. This is what I can often. I compliment back to even the field, so to speak.
@Dominique25 (9476)
I don't think that I have been complimented like that. But I do hope that in a years time people will say that to me . I'm starting to watch what I eat closer,drink more water, and exercise for forty minutes a day. I just hope that I can stick with it. It's hard when we don't see the results as quickly as we would like.
@Cutie18f (9564)
Wow, Dominique, it's good to hear that. After I'd been complimented like that it sort of inspires me to go to the gym more often and I also watch what I eat more carefully now.