did I just get hit by lightning?

@Cutie18f (9564)
A while back I was feeding my dogs and there were flashes which I thought came from passing vehicles. I didn't move nor hurry with what I was doing because if I knew that those flashes were lightning, I would have dropped everything I was doing and run inside the house. But I just stayed there waiting for my pet dogs to finish eating. Then all of a sudden, there was a huge flash of lightning that someone was taking a picture of me using a huge flash. It was only then that I was sure it was lightning so I ran inside as fast as I could. Did I get hit by that lightning? The flash of light that came was so big I actually felt engulfed by it. What are the effects of someone who gets hit by lightning? Please share what you know.
@owlwings (37894)
• Cambridge, England
You would usually know for certain that you had been struck by lightning. You would, at the very least, be knocked to the ground and would probably have serious burns. Lightning doesn't always kill people - it depends how good a conductor you happen to be at the time and what is the easiest path for the electricity. It is likely that the lightning was quite close to you and, because it was dark, it seemed much brighter and closer than it really was.
@Cutie18f (9564)
Thank you Owlwings for those consoling words. Now I am sure I wasn't hit by it. I was just worried.
@nitinnair89 (2895)
You think you are hit by a lightning and still be able to make a post about it at myLot??
@Cutie18f (9564)
So you think I didn't get hit by it Nit? Thank God!
@Cutie18f (9564)
That's a scary idea Nit!
and that depends as owlwings said. Well, take care. Lol...
@jenny1015 (13394)
Most likely it was just a reflection of a lightning caught by a passing vehicle. If you were indeed struck by lightning, you could have been burned and fell down.
@Cutie18f (9564)
And so I'm glad it wasn't what I was thinking, Jenny. Thanks.