I am going to cut off my cable tv.

I was figuring out how I would be able to save up to move. and figured about $200 a month if I just buy what I need to clean and stuff. Then I thought about the tv and adrain saw this on tv. http://www.buycleartv.com/faq.php then I just called and they are able to send two antennas for both my tv's. I pay $164.00 for cable and was thinking I can live without that as long as I can see my soaps for some time. So,I called and spoke with a nice young lady. I will be calling back this afternoon because adrain wants to pay for this. I told him I would do it but he said no. what do you think about getting 75 channels of basic tv instead of cable? I will get my favorite antenna tv to watch different strokes. and we will order the clear.com to get my internet covered. which I might do myself.. have a great day..
@ctryhnny (3463)
I changed my service with Comcast to a cheaper tier. I get a lot less channels but they are the ones I usually watch. I have given up my cell phone to save some money. It's ok because I get a free on for being on medicaid and being a sr. citizen. I don't get many minutes but it's enough for me.
I would turn off my cell phone but adrain would not go for that. so I will not try to mention it again. I mentioned it last night and he was upset. he worries about me with my health on the street with no phone. That bill is only $25 though.
@rosekiss (30087)
• Eugene, Oregon
I have satellite tv from dish network, and I do enjoy it as I can flip through the channels to see what I want to watch. I pay $82.99 a month, and have 250 channels, so I think that is a good deal. I did have comcast at one time too, but they were just to high, so I dropped them for dish network. i do have comcast internet though, and that is all I need with comcast. Take care, and have a very good day.
@burrito88 (2779)
$82.99 a month still sounds like a lot of money. Are you paying for premium channels?
@chiyosan (29388)
I am not sure about cable services from where you are but here in Manila, there's only two cable service provider that is known to residents, and the larger market player even bought off the smaller company. =P But hey if you would be able to save that much money by cutting of a cable service and instead switch to basic channels (free tv?) then i would go for this and just re apply for a cable subscription when my finances would be strong enough to hold more expenses. =)
We have DirectTV and love it. We were looking into cable, but we do not get too many channels. Randy loves watching his Baseball channel. We watch Game Show Network, TVLand, Centric and a few other channels. My cats Smyles and I watch Soap Network for his Young and the Restless. I hope that the antenna will work out better for you and that you will get your other favorite channels.
@burrito88 (2779)
Actually, you might really only need one antenna and connect to both TVs using a splitter. Are you TVs new or old? If they are analog TVs like to old Cathode Ray Tube TVs you will need converters so that they can work with the new digital TV broadcast signals. If you have newer flat screen TVs you might be OK. You might also need a rotor to maximize your reception depending upon where you live. With a rotor you can turn the antenna toward different stations to pick up signals from different cities. When I lived 30 miles north of Philadelphia, I had an antenna with which I was able to pick up Philly stations as well as New York, Allentown, and Lancaster, PA. I got the antenna in part to get New York TV to watch New York baseball and football. If you are in an area where you can pick up TV from more than one city, many of the signals may still be duplicates. For example each major city with have ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, and PBS stations. (There may also be Spanish staions like Univision.) Depending on where you are, there may also be WB, Ion, and MyNetwork. With digital TV, broadcast TV stations are able to run more than one TV signal. That's lead to new networks than carry reruns like AntennaTV, MeTV, and the RetroTV Network which may or may not be available in your area. In cases like that you might have channel 16.1 as ABC, 16.2 might be MeTV, 16.3 might be AntennaTV, and 16.4 might be ABC News. It all depends on where you live as to what you would pick up and you would have to check for your local stations. If you are in a rural area, you could be limited by what you pick up. For example, I live in the Poconos and theoretically, I should be able to pick up Scranton, Allentown, New York, and Philadelphia. However, with the mountains in the area, I'm not sure if I would get anything. If you do install an antenna, make sure you have a professional to either install it or give you advice. For one thing, you want to make sure that the antenna is properly grounded in case it gets struck by lightning.
So this attenna will give you your local channels. Right? I got one back when I had the one bedroom apartment for afew months. It didn't work very well and out of about seven or eight channels I was supposed to get I got two or three that really came in very well. Seventy five channels is a handful. I wonder if they will include the ones you want to watch. Antennas are such a headache. Hope you have better coverage. I would sure hate to do without my cable. And I have a contract with the company and get telephone and internet with them.
@911Ricki (13602)
Here I thought my $85 a month for satellite was ridiculous, $164 is worse. I cancelled mine a few years and never looked back. I don't even have a tv anymore, I do it all online. I watch all my tv online for free, not that I watch a lot of it. In the summer I work 7 days a week only coing home to sleep, then in the winter I have more free time so I tend to watch it more then.
@MandaLee (3695)
Hello, I am not sure. If I were you, I would check out several companies before making a decision. Just because something is less expensive does not mean buying it is a good idea. Have a great day!
@sid556 (31018)
Hi Gifts, Im not sure about this...maybe. I think you should investigate and make sure that you would be able to pick up a signal from where you are and also consider the fact that you are going to be moving...will you be able to get a signal when you move? I lowered my cable bill a lot just by going to basic cable and I pay about 28.00 per month and get plenty of channels. I get my internet through the cable company too and pay about 23.00 per month for that. Its not bad. Everyone that I know that has dish cable or satelite or anything else gets frustrated with it because they lose the signal in bad weather etc. It sounds good but I would really check it out first to make sure it is ok for your area.