Darned if you do, darned if you don't

@dawnald (84146)
Shingle Springs, California
This morning I was running late. In fact, I got downstairs the same time as Dearra. Usually I get down, make my lunch, make her a sandwich, and then she shows up. Dropped the twins off on time, which is late as far as Naomi is concerned, then I dropped Dearra off, and made my left to go to work. I went into the left lane behind a Toyota. There were two cars in the right lane. It was a 50 mph zone, and the darn Toyota in front of me was only going 40, so I changed to the other lane where they were going faster. That, of course, is when the Toyota sped up to 50, the cars ahead of me slowed down to 45, and the cars that had been behind me in the other lane sped up too, leaving me stuck behind the slowpokes that had been not the slowpokes when I first made the lane change. Some mornings it just doesn't pay to get out of bed.
@sid556 (31005)
OMG, that happens to me almost any time that I am running late for work or an appointment of anything. I don't understand why people do it but it is irritating as hell. I am normally pretty patient. I usually allow myself some extra time to get to where I need to be just in case I end up behind someone like that. It rarely ever happens when I'm not in a hurry but ineviteably it does almost always happen when I am.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
could drive a person (more) nuts...
@sid556 (31005)
So are you saying that I'm nuts??? ok...maybe I am.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
sensitive much? I was mostly referring to myself.
@BarBaraPrz (20692)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
This tends to happen to me in grocery store lineups.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
yeah me too... If I switch to the faster looking line, I can be pretty much guaranteed that it won't be.
I miss driving sometimes since selling my car. but,when I read this it reminded me of driving the park way with slow drivers. I am hoping this does not happen to you when you leave out the next time. It makes people so mad you hear horns.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
happens here sometimes too
Don't you just love it when that happens? I think that this is the universe's way of saying that you need to be self-employed.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
And work from home
@sid556 (31005)
Yes, Dawn. And homeschool your kids as well. Oh and do not set up doctor's and dentist appointments...just stay home!
@lilybug (21148)
I was running late this morning as well. Someone had parked in the bus lane when I was taking my daughter to school, so the bus in front of me stopped in the road to let the kids out. I ended up stuck behind the bus till it unloaded and then there was still kind of a traffic jam, so I went through the alley to get out of there. Almost to the office there was a car sitting in the middle of the road to turn into a strip mall. I went to go around them and then back into my lane. While I was moving back into my original lane they decided not to turn and we almost collided. The car honked at me and chucked a water bottle out of their car and hit the side of my car before they sped off. I think we both need a do over.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
You had a worse morning
@cynthiann (18619)
• Jamaica
I've had too many morninghs like this one. Hope your day gets better though
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
Other than that it's been just fine