Valentines day and children..

I saw two shirts on clearance I want to buy for my daughter. I bought her valentines all her life so this is no biggie. I am wondering if you buy your older kids things for valentines. I normally buy her clothing,candy and a few heart colored pencils and some cute paper to write on. she loves writing and drawing. How old is too old to give a valentine to your child. my daughter is 18 and I am not sure if the loser will be giving her anything.
@WakeUpKitty (8706)
• Netherlands
Valentine's Day was never common in my country and still it's not a big celebration. But I always did give my children a small present. So I will do that this year again. I don't care if they are adults (my eldest three are), have a partner or not. This is something between me and my children.
That is so sweet of you to do. I am glad you feel like this. I know people in my real life who would not dream of doing this. I am glad for sure. thanks.
How sweet is you as a mother! In my country,the older gerneration did not used to celebrate this day,as a result ,I never get anything from my mother or my dad. But, my boyfriend will prapare me present,that's enough! Thank you for sharing,I really appreciate what you share....
Thanks for the smile. i am sure your going to love it here welcome aboard.
• Pudong, China
yeah, In China, only young people and businessmen celebrate Valentines Days. For young people ,they dosen't matter where is it come from, in their mind, it's only a reason for fun. Boys will give girls a gift and have a date. See a movie, have a nice dinner,etc. So the happiest people will be those businessmen, they can make a lot of money.
@jricky1 (6808)
I buy things for my mom,lol,festival is coming and i hope that they will enjoy it and with happy mood,i feel like buying when i saw shops on discount and i'll find a perfect one.This is a bargain cuz it's expensive at normal time.But anyway,i consume materials very important.
I know what you mean about the clearance sales. I met up with a store sale today and it was great.
@McCreeper (781)
Valentine's day is quite an odd holiday, but I won't bash on it too hard. I appreciated the free candy as well as the handwritten messages given by my peers back in my childhood. Of course, that's not how it is now, but it's just something that really helps a lot. It's the little things that matter the most, even if that person is spiteful. Perhaps they'll change for the better. I hope your daughter makes a more responsible decision.
I know in time she will get it together. I am praying for this everyday. I will give her the time she needs to get there on her own. thanks.
@34momma (13895)
I don't get my boys anything normally, but i was thinking of gving them something this year. I always give my daughter who is 8 something. This year we are making a big family valentines day dinner. With heart cupcakes and cookies and a special zitti dinner. All made by my 8 year old, who is in love with baking and is learning to cook.
That is wonderful she is learning to cook like that. my daughters makes a great fried curry chicken. most of her meals are fast food though. d
@cher913 (25890)
we will still keep buying stuff for our daughters for a long time yet. we have always bought the girls something small for Valentines day like chocolate or the like. this year, we got a really good deal on roses (2 dozen for $20) so we gave our younger daughter some (she is 15) and we will be giving our older daughter some sort of plant when she comes home for Family day weekend in February (its a statuary holiday here in Canada and the weekend of the 16th with the Monday being the holiday). anyways, my mom still buys me and my hubby and our two daughters Valentines day presents so i am sure we will keep doing it for a long time.
That is just great of your mother to treat you all with such lovely thoughts.
@lelin1123 (15644)
• Puerto Rico
When we were still all living together I would buy them a chocolate candy heart. Now that we live far away from each other I don't. Its just to expensive and mailing chocolates wouldn't quite work. I will probaby send Valentines e-card to my two daughters and my three grandkids. Other then that I no longer feel that Valentines day is that important. My hubby and I may just go out for dinner. I told him already not to waste his money. For me its about the card, candy and flower industries making all the money because they raise all the prices for this holiday. I can't see giving them so much money. If they kept everything at the same price like it is all year round then maybe, but they don't.
I am hoping that it does not happen around here. so far the prices for what I bought were just great. and tomorrow I will find something my daughter could wear too. she loves clothing as much as adrain does.
I think that you can always give your kids valentine's. It's like other days where you show them how much you love them and that you are thinking about them. Never too old. If the loser wants something he may get her something. I will be buying my daughter some specialty candy she likes and my grandson a valentine box of chocolates. We all like chocolate here.
I am buying adrain a bag of snicker bars. he loves them so much. I already got him two shirts from my favorite store. I went there to look for his sweats he loved getting on christmas.
I don't think that there is a limit. If you want to give your adult child a gift for the holiday, that isn't strange. That said, I don't think that is something that I will ever do with our children. My boyfriend and I do still celebrate the day, but I don't think that it will ever be a thing for our kids. There are so many Jewish holidays that I would rather focus on with our children instead.
That is also great to do with the kids. I am not sure my church will do anything for us.
@vivek19 (219)
I think the age doesn't matter to give presents to your lived ones on Valentines. My maternal grandmother still gives gifts to her daughter on the Valentines. It's just to strengthen relationships.
I think that is very sweet of her to do. I am glad so many of us share this special day.
I am not fun of giving during special ocassions instead If I have, any time I see thinks beneficial to my daughtres need, I will make sure they will have it. My reasons is just simple the children usually afraid if not hesitant to asked because their parents might be offended for not all time cash is available. They are all professional by now from known Universities and my habits never changed and also they are used of my ways of giving and now I also experienced, they buy things of my interest without my knowledge.
I am glad that works for you. I know my daughter will be happy to get my gift to her on this day of sharing love.
@ShyBear88 (18148)
my parents still buy me valentines gift and some times the gift is babysitting.
That is great so you can get out and enjoy the time you have free. I like that as well.
@mariaperalta (19094)
• Mexico
well I do, my son is 14 years old... every year ive given him a diff. love bear. He still has everyone Ive gave him. He took his fav. from 5-6 years ago with him to usa. I shipped him one , this year there. Hope he gets it on time..
That is sweet of you. I might get my daughter a bear too she really loves them. I know she needs clothes so the shirts will come in handy.
@sizzle3000 (3040)
My daughter is 22 and I still get her something for valentine's. I even get for her husband as well. We've never been much on chocolate so we get little presents. Her husband on the other hand gets he a dated teddy bear and a pretty box of chocolates. Always something that's pretty that she loves to keep. Last year however we didn't have that much money so we all did homemade gifts. It was still a beautiful little day.
A single rose is loved by anyone at any age. I got my daughter one, as well as a pillow with valentine decorations on it.
@Pegasus72 (1901)
I don't think you can ever be too ald to give gifts to your children or tell them that you love them