The invisable cat

@savypat (20248)
Our new cat, Jack Cat is of the color that blends with our floor covering. If I don't fall and have severe injuries he may learn to stay away from the elderly people who live with him. he sure yells when we step on him, but he has never been really hurt, and forgives us immediately. I don't remember a cat that got under our feet quite as often as he does. Hope he learns soon that we cannot see him in the dark or even in the shadows. This lesson has to be his because I don't think we are going to get better at seeing him. Have you ever had this problem with a cat?
@Loverbear (4929)
I've had that problem with most of my cats, which isn't quite as bad as having a HUGE rottweiler that refuses to move! I had a female rottie, Kitty, who wouldn't move to save her life. She weighed around 150 pounds so she wasn't tiny to say the least. She would sleep by my bed at night which wasn't too bad, except when I had to get up to go to the bathroom! She wouldn't move until I was straddling her then she would raise up. I hate to count the number of times I peed on the dog! I went through paper towels and towels like no one's business. My Mom would hear me swear and know that I peed on the dog again....I'd hear her laughing all the way through the house. My Siamese boys are great for not wanting to move when I get out of bed, so I fake a sneeze and they scatter. Bill, my boyfriend, has a semi-feral cat living with him that won't get out of his way. He will put his foot under the cat's belly and gently lift him and move him out of the way...and the cat comes racing back for another flying ride! I have a semi-feral black cat (Ralphie) who wouldn't get out of my way when I'm walking outside. I finally trained him to walk between my feet when I am walking outside. It looks kind of funny as I am walking like I'm a duck, but if you look closely you'll see Ralphie between my feet and I am shuffling so I don't step on him. I think it's the nature of the beast. Someone else recommended a collar with a bell, which is great if the cat is a totally inside cat. I got to the point that if the cat is in the way I would pick them up and carry them with me. It gives them the extra attention they are looking for and it saves my tripping over them constantly.
@maximax8 (27048)
I like the sound of your new cat, Jack. It is funny he has the same coloring as your flooring. I hope he learns to stay away from your feet as you walk around. I have two dogs. One of them is white and in snow he looks cream colored. He also has black patches on his body. He is easy to see being mainly white. My other dog is plain black and she is hard to see when it is dark.
@dragon54u (31407)
I don't have a cat but one of my dogs is just as bad. Gus is my shadow and follows me everywhere. If I turn around in the kitchen, there he is right by my leg and sometimes I stumble. I sometimes forget that he will be there but usually I remember. My other dog, Cookie, is more independent but no less devoted, she just doesn't endanger my life and limb!
@Pose123 (21671)
Hi savypat, I have two cats and one of them is always getting around my feet and twice recently I've stepped on one of her paws. Thank goodness, she hasn't been hurt seriously either. Blessings.
I have to admit that I've never really had the problem that you are describing here with a cat. However, I have had this exact same problem with one of the dogs that is a part of our family. You see, Chloe is just a tiny dog to start with. Add to it the fact that she loves to find places to lay down where she is completely camoflaged. There have been several times that I've stepped on here and even more times when I've almost stepped on her. For me, the lesson that I've learned is that I always have to look carefully before I step.
@wolfie34 (26877)
You have to put a nice red coat on him, only joking! I know some people do actually dress their animals, though I never will. The problem we used to have with our littlest cat, Octavia was that she was so small and jet black, she didn't go out much fortunately, trying to see a totally black cat in the dark is no easy feat. I hope Jack is doing well my friend.