fatty liver

Last week, I had my complete medical check-up just to make sure of the health state of my self. It was revealed by my lab tests results that my triglyceride is a bit above the normal, but my cholesterol is already on the normal level. Thus, the doctor told me not to take simvastatin ( a medicine for lowering cholesterol) . I just have to exercise more and avoid eating fatty foods. But my doctor prescribed to me a vitamin supplement for the liver which is for 30 days then after that I will have my blood checked again if my liver isn’t fatty anymore. I am taking it now, every after supper. I am hopeful that after the 30 days, my liver isn’t fatty anymore. Oh my, the price of eating foods that have hidden fats! My daughter told me to avoid fatty foods. Thus, i try.
It makes sense to have a regularly check-up.It seems that you should take a balanced diet from now on.Fortunately My blood test results are normal,but I have high blood pressure.Over here, the doctors say we must eat more three kinds of black foods and less three kinds of white foods ,the former namely mushroom,edible black fungus and black rice ;the latter namely sugar,salt and fat .
Black rice? I think we call it brown rice here, the not so milled rice, chang? My father eats that too, and his bread is of wheat, since he is a diabetic. Yes, from now on i should learn how to control my cravings for fried foods and veggies cooked in coconut milk, which the people here in our prvince are fond of cooking. I should also be eating lots of fruits now.
The black rice is also known as purple rice, not brown rice.It is hard to abstain from what you like eating,but you have to do it for the health sake.However you needn't worry about that.
@Mavic123456 (7910)
• Thailand
ohhh so you will miss eating adobo pork fats. or sinigang pork belly.. tsk tsk tsk... such a life... you will miss the bests... hehehe just joking I don't know what does it mean when the liver is fatty? Was it explain where you got it? is it hereditary? or lifestyle? whaaaaaat??? but great to know at early stage about it and you can still avoid it. well be healthy as always.
Yes, it was explained to me, but i can't remember it well. All i remembere is that she said my triglyceride is a bit higher than normal, so that's why my liver is fatty. Actually, i don't eat the fats of the meat. Even the skin of the chicken, i take it away before i eat it. Though, from time to time , i cheat myself, i eat the crispy skin of the fried chicken. Although, i scrape the fat under the skin before eating it.
@SHAMRACK (8379)
Dear friend, Being fatty is much affected if not being healthy. It is good to know you are healthy and without any major problems. Moreover you had started doing excerices. I feel a routine proper excercise could give away many health problems and also a proper way of intake of food. All the best...
I always want to be healthy, so i could live longer. By next week, i will be going back to the hospital to have my liver checked again. I hope it's not fstty anymore and my triglyceride normal already too.
@KrauseHome (33247)
Learning how to eat correctly is not always easy no matter how old, or health issues you might face. It seemsmany times, there are issues we will often face the older each one of us gets. Besides learning to avoid certain foods, we also need to learn to be more active like walking more and getting in some needed exercise when we can. But as long as we do things to help improve our health, we'll be much better off in the end.
That's true Krausel. We should always see to it that we do things to better our health. If it means changing a few not good lifestyle, then why not.
So, now you have to eat beautiful, healthy and tasty foods instead. What a woeful task it is to eat things such as salmon with whole wheat rotini and veggies, roast beets, spinach salad, fresh blueberries, curried tempeh and veggies, oatmeal with just a hint of brown sugar... Hmm... Now, I'm getting hungry. Skip the prepackaged foods for the most part; when you do buy them, carefully read the labels. Go with whole foods as much as possible. You are in a warm climate where fresh and local fruits and veggies should be fairly plentiful. You are also in a place where it is easy to get local fish.
Yes, i do eat more veggies now, but not those with coconut milk, as Bicolanos are fond of cooking with coconut milk. I eat more fruits and fish. Less meat, though just lean meats only. I am now extra careful so i eat in moderation. Sometimes, i skip supper. And i do exercise as much as i can now. And i take the liver supplement the doctor prescribed to me. By the end of the month i will have to do the laboratory exams again so i may know if my liver isn't fatty anymore. I hope it's not anymore.
@averygirl72 (12354)
I've heard of those terms the fatty liver and simvastatin when I am doing medical transcription but can't remember it a lot. Try to monitor your fat intake or make some fasting with fatty foods for a while.
Yes, that's what i do, my friend. Since most Bicolano foods are always cooked with coconut milk, i now would just eat once in a while.
Sorry to hear this dear Dina Kalyani had this problem, she was so fond of fatty foods. Your doctor has given right medicine, nothing to be worried, best of luck.
So how's her fatty liver now professor. Is it already normal? Well, i know that it could be eliminated by the medicine , professor, because it isn't that much fatty. Nowadays, if you have money to buy medicine these unhealthy problem is not at all a problem.
@subhojit10 (7384)
Thanks a ton for sharing this discussion. Well i am glad that u did a check up as u had been saying in your previous discussions and it is always better to have a knowledge about your health beforehand. Besides since doc has advised u so many things try to follow it and also avoid having oily foods as well. What say?
It's nice to know that you still remembered my previous discussion about having a check-up. Well, my check-up was really to know if ever i have some not "unhealthy" speck in me, so it could be nipped in the bud at the earliest. Yes, i will really try to avoid eating fatty foods now.