Don't be judgemental of other people.

That is what the preacher had to tell this so called christian at the table. We were sitting down having our new membership class. this lady said something about something happening the other day in church. nothing that I know of because I was not there. and then she was like some people don't take their medication. and she has a smirk on her face. I looked over to her like oh no the hell she did not say that. the preacher looked right in her face and told her. don't be judgmental of other people he said we are all of one accord or something like that. I felt like oh my goodness I hope no one ever finds out I take medication. this was the only down fall to my feeling good about being there today. everyone else was so decent and trying to get closer to god in their understanding of what we were reading. I did not understand a term in the book and refused to ask a question. I am going to write down my questions and ask one of my church sisters for some help during bible study. what a terrible thing to do in church. good thing we are human and not perfect.
@dlr297 (5418)
you should never feel afraid to ask a question. that is how we learn. if you think that these people are going to make fun of you because you do not understand something then you are with the wrong group of people.
That one lady made me feel this way. not the other people in the group I feel great around the others and have been hugged and greeted so nice by them all. except that one lady I mentioned.
@dlr297 (5418)
that is good to here because it is good to surround yourself with people that are positive....
@wolfie34 (26793)
She should be ashamed of herself, there is absolutely no wrong in taking medication, any medication for that matter, and what gives her the right to judge anyway? I hate people who judge others, isn't there something in the bible about Judge not, that ye be not judged.
I heard something about that but don't know if it is in the bible or not. I am just glad it did not get out of hand.
• Greece
The preacher in your church sounds like a well balanced man who is perfectly able to cope with anyone in his congregation who is less than sympathetic. I'm glad that you took all this in your stride that she did not put you off. It is a good idea to ask your questions privately and I am sure you will find a 'sister' there who will be able to answer your questions and be a friend to you. It is important to ask because if you let little doubts creep in they will undermine your new found faith. Every blessing.
I have someone I can speak to in the church. and that is just what I am going to do. I was sad at first and wanted to get up and leave. but,i figured it would put me on front street.
Sweetie, THAT woman is probably on medication.
I would not be surprised but she sure did not make us feel good today.
@lelin1123 (15644)
• Puerto Rico
There you are having bible study and someone as the gaul to talk about someone else who didn't take their medication. On top of it have a smirk on her face. So christian is she. This is one of the reasons I don't go to church because so many are hypocrites. They go to church and pray and then turn around and talk about others behind their backs. Unbelievable! As for the question you had in class, you should have asked because that's what class is for to learn. How are you going to learn if you don't ask the questions that you don't know the answers to. You are right there is no one on this earth that is perfect, no one. Even though I'm sure you will come across some who think they are, but I will let you in on a little secret their not!
I am going to ask next time I have a question. that is for sure thanks for talking to me.
@bjc66bjc (6745)
Hi Sha'ron, glad you were able to make it to your class this morning...and I totally agree with your minister for not allowing that lady to get away with her comments even it they were true. Amen Amen Amen!!!! HAPPY SUNDAY...
I was so drunk with sleep and had to fight to get dressed. I was a few minutes late but it was ok. I just took my book and tried to catch up. I have like 50 pages to read on my one this week as well. and some questions to answer.
@asliah (11148)
hi, actually its really bad to judge a person easily without any proof but its a character of everyone and its hard to remove it,even me i can easily judge other people without knowing them and i admit is bad,and yes we are not perfect so we should avoid judging others.
hi gifts my mom drilled that into my head from the bible judge not lest ye be judged and I really try not to judge others,. I think that woman was really out of line and not at all Christian in saying that about someone not taking their meds.That was none of her business and am glad the Pastor called her on that. Dear do not feel bad about being on meds I am on a lot everyday for my diabetes, thyroid , arthritis and high blood pressure.Your condition is nothin to be ashamed of at all. I have a lot of friends here who are bipolar and on meds.