Jumped to rank 11K from 18K in question & answers in 3 days.

I was kind of shocked to see that my ranking has jumped to 11K+ from that of 18K+ around 3 days back. I joined myLot on 1st Feb 2013 and started off with a rank of 20K+ and now I see a gross improvement which I didn't expect so early. I'm feeling great that my responses have been somewhat useful in myLot. So far so good but my target is to reach the top 10 in this field and all the interests of mine. Cheers!
@sishy7 (26645)
Interest ranking is based on the Discussion Rating System and depends on how others rate us. As I understand it tends to move rather rapidly for those with lower User Rating, the number in () besides our usernames. It will be more stabilized on higher User Rating.
@mysdianait (63977)
Just a thought... in this interest there are 28,373 users. Many will be unactive, right? So any new user who adds this interest and then receives plus ratings from others will quickly over-take those inactive users Just like a queue on the motorway where the cars at a standstill because they have run out of petrol. It is easy to overtake themif you have a full tank
That's true, if they write well in those interests and we rate them highly they could be the top on the list or amongst them.
I am speed driving now and I'm gonna overtake many soon :) Jokes apart! I guess it would be more challenging & interesting to surpass other users to advance in the rankings than to create on a be the boss of it.
@silverfox09 (4727)
Where do you go to see those ranking ? I have been active here for about 7 months now and I have never seen my ranking . Congratulation , keep up the good work .
you can find it in the right side of you name. or you can able to see it in your profile by enabling it in edit options.
Thank you Mike I will check on it now
There is a tab for interest rankings in our profiles. Silverfox, yours is at http://www.mylot.com/silverfox09/interestrankings You have to add an interest to be ranked in it.
@echoforever (5192)
You're doing well so far, this can happen in any interest on mylot as many have said already if you're well rated in those topics you participate in!
@mysdianait (63977)
I see that you caught on to the ninja that I left in your box I also see that you now have to go We will catch up again soon I hope! Take care!
Unfortunately life calls for once outside the net! Though I did have a really good day so its okay. Hope to catch up with ya again soon!
Well for me the take home message of the day was the importance of coming back to our topics and making useful comments to it to further the concerned topic. We not only have scopes of getting ahead in ranking this way but also we are able to get a topic worthy of reading and get some bucks as well at the same time
@Nursefrai06 (2498)
• Penrith, Australia
Want to be no.1? Hmm. I think, the fastest way to be no.1 in an interest is to create your own interest. i dont know how to create though, but I'm pretty sure it can be done.
Nice idea Nurse, even I was wondering to create an interest of my own but as you mentioned, I couldn't figure out exactly how & where to implement that. Thanks for the encouragement.
• Penrith, Australia
I see you are interested in making interests, thats a start. if you make one interest, let me know so i can be no.2 in the ranking, I'll be okay with number 2 lol. Maybe it is possible to ask permission from the admin to make a new interest?
• Penrith, Australia
Thank you sishy.
I have been here for years and I have no idea which is my ranking or where I can see it. What is the importance of that ranking? I might grow interested in that if I know, Welcome to mylot!
@sishy7 (26645)
I think he's talking about interest ranking. In this 'myLot.com' interest, for instance, you are ranked '25 out of 28,363'...
• Penrith, Australia
Wow! You are ranked 25 out of 28,363. That is so awesome marguicha!! Congratulations.
@sshiva95 (77)
Its really amazing to see your tremendous growth. Keep up the good work and all the best :)
There are a few things I enjoy watching grow or advance in myLot. Including a great discussion that lasts a long time because of people contributing in many boxes! Or another that I love is seeing my number by my name get higher but I don't post aimlessly to see that happen, that would kind of take the joy out of it for me any way!
@jricky1 (6809)
Good for you,friend.So just keep going and you've definitly still got a lot to see.Great improvement and we all enjoy time being mylotting.However,i'd love to discuss interests that i'm interested in.So good luck.
wow! Congratulations! I only started few hours ago. Still trying to get into this but I am having fun :D Cheers!
Good keep it up you can do it, I hope to see you meet your goal in a span of time.
@jenny1015 (13394)
You are headed on the right track! Just stick around more often and post a lot of interesting discussions. I am sure in no time, you'd be on the place were you wanna be.
only just keep participating someday you can get on top 100 =) keep it up. enjoy mylot =)
@jalucia (1435)
well good luck to you. it sounds like you are definitely working towards a goal. hope you can make it.
Well done! participate more and you will be surprised that you will rank up even more through your participations.
• Penrith, Australia
Some people ask for pluses for their responses, like give you a private message for them to get a plus... i usually give pluses to those who respond to my discussions as a thank you.
Oh, yes. Plus (+) also... LOL
@mike197601 : I noticed that too... most especially having accounts that replies to a discussion and the sentenced construction is very suspicious like, they are made by only one person.
@mysdianait (63977)
You only move up in the ranking if you receive plus ratings from other users. If you comment on the responses when you start a topic, you will then have more boxes available for others to rate you (as well as earning for the comments that you leave).
There could be a lot of possibilities for our ratings then when people use them and correctly! I wanted to stalk you a little bit, but now, I have to go unfortunately! Have a good mylot day!