What is this doctor going to do for my hair?

I am a little concerned about this hair issue. I made an appointment with the dermatologist. and now,I am wondering what in the world can she put me through to tell why my hair is falling out on me. now,that I know my protein levels are normal I can stop with all the protein shakes. I don't know if she will put something on my scalp or anything like a hot lamp but,knowing hair I know she can't just look and tell why I have hair loss like I do. thanks I think I am little scared.
@911Ricki (13602)
My hair use to fall out in clumbs, I would get out of the tub and it would be everywhere, even during the day it would come out. Mine was very low iron levels, since mine has gone up a little bit it has slowed right down.
My iron levels are on point and so is my protein levels. I don't know what it could be at this point.
@911Ricki (13602)
Did the doctor do a full blood test? It could be anything, our bodies do odd things. It could also be stress, I find mine starts falling out with stress as well. remember I use to have such burning feet and they thought it wwas one thing meanwhile it was low b12 but just slightly low.
Yes,he did a full blood check and showed me the paper with all my levels normal. I have been shedding hair since my operation in 2009 and it is getting better now but still shedding.
I never thought that protein would be the issue, because it is pretty much impossible for an American to be deficient in protein. Most Americans get an abundance of protein. Even those of us who follow a vegetarian or primarily vegetarian diet don't have issues with getting enough protein--often more than enough. Deficiency in Vitamin C, Vitamin D and/or Vitamin E are potential culprits in hair loss. A good overview can be found at: http://www.livestrong.com/article/286168-nutritional-deficiencies-that-cause-hair-loss/ As mentioned above, iron deficiency can also be the cause. Cooking in cast iron can help with iron intake, since the cast iron cookware does impart some iron in the food cooked in it.
I was checked for everything and I have no problems with any of these. I don't know what else it could be doing this.
@Loverbear (4929)
You have been under a LOT of stress the past months, and that is one of the biggest causes of hair loss (ask my boyfriend, he is a retired police officer and he has very little hair left on the top of his head. Being a police officer is only slightly stressful!) I doubt that the dermatologist is going to use a hot lamp etc on your head. She will run tests and then will recommend a topical ointment and possibly oral medication for you to take. It sounds like you're a lot scared...which is normal for anyone seeing a new doctor for a new medical problem. I guarantee you that she won't call in a voodoo witch doctor to shake their beads and chant their charms over your head. Take a deep breath, and remember that the doctor cannot do anything to you that you refuse to have done to you. That leaves out hot lamps, and other procedures. She might want to run blood tests to check to see if there is something in your system that is causing the hair loss. Please try not to worry, it will only make the problem worse...