Do you meditate?

@jricky1 (6809)
China
Meditation is so good and i feel great about that,i do that for half of hour everyday,makes me feel the quietness of the life and better about myself.So this works a lot for me,i'd like to hear your thoughts,dear mylotters.
@iuliuxd (4453)
Meditate on what ?
@jricky1 (6809)
I just had no clue about meditate before,but after i've inspired by someone,i try to do that by adding time day by day,to think about nothing and thus i found really relaxed.
@iuliuxd (4453)
So to think about nothing is meditating.What if i think about good looking chicks ?
@jricky1 (6809)
lol,as if you are happy then it's not bad.
@mythociate (13764)
• Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Meditation is good, but I don't think it should be scheduled separately. It should be interspersed with your actions throughout the day. Some actions--automobile-driving springs to mind, and other things that require your full attention--don't-&-shouldn't leave any mind-space free for meditation, but other things do---when you're not 'on a clock' (i.e. using time that someone else is paying you for). Meditation is THE MOST IMPORTANT PART of praying---Mother Teresa said that she doesn't TALK (in prayer) as much as she listens to 'the things G*d is hearing' (the important matters & events & trouble of the world-at-large).
@jricky1 (6809)
I think so,i try not to think things but i don't listen.Since i'm afraid i can't make myself completely relax.This is just completely a way to make me relax,nothing serious.
@GreenMoo (11842)
I think meditation has a bad rap, as something a bit New Age and weird. But although I don't practice it myself I think it is something that would benefit me hugely. I find it incredibly difficult to empty my mind, and forcing myself to do so would be helpful. What sort of meditation do you practice? And how long have you been doing it for to be able to do it for half and hour at a stretch?
@jricky1 (6809)
To meditate is about to think nothing,so this is helpful when we all facing pressures.To make our mind quiet and to make yourself get less involed with too much worry.That's what i just think and hopefully get more ideas from you guys here.