I forgot my sister borrow $25 from me.

She came over my house to talk to me and then she pulled out money from her bag and then it popped in my head that she borrowed money from me. and then she passed me the $25 and I said,I totally forgot about this money. she said,I told you i would pay you back today. so,I went in my room an dug out my cash box and called her to see my box. and she was like wow you can put so much stuff in that box. and then I said,here take these keys and bring them back to me next month. I don't want the keys back till I need to make another deposit. I was shopping with adrian and he asked was I broke and I said yes. and I did not feel bad because I don't plan to go in my savings for anything. I did not bother counting my money. I just made about three deposits and locked the box.
@911Ricki (13602)
Lying shows you have no trust in a relationship, the fact you can;t tell him you are putting savings away. I think you are doing the right thing about saving, but the fact you have to lie to certain people.
I don't have to tell him everything that goes on in my life if I am not married. I don't think so at all. I am sure there are things I don't know as well. I will not be telling anyone about my savings because this is something that I want to see get bigger. when it is time for me to show some money to move or something big then he will be knowing. I trust him with my life and that will not change. I just know that when it comes to saving money I do a better job then he does. he will be the one to come to me and borrow the money and i don't want that. so many times my savings went slowly out the house because he needed to buy stuff that i could live without.
@911Ricki (13602)
You basicaally contradict yourself, on your mood of the day. I have seen posts and responses where you say you tell him everything, trust him. Clearly you don't if you can't tell him you are saving to move and putting money away instead tell him you are broke, and don't have the money. In a relationship you compromise, not hide it, or lie about it. I would be reavaluation the relationship just over what you have said here. If in any relationship my other half did this, it just shows the lack of trust, and committment they have, I would be up and gone.
that is what I feel about this situation because I like to pay my bills on time or way before and he will wait for a cut off notice. I don't like stuff like that.
Good for you but putting it in a bank would not only be safer but even if a small amount make you some interest.
I can't put it in the bank so I need to save it at home. I only have a checking account because people always want to know what I have in my account.
@sid556 (31018)
You are right but because she is on low income housing, she really can't do that. It would go against her. I know a woman that raised her daughter while on housing. She budgeted and saved and went without things for herself until her daughter turned 18. She saved in a cash box and had enough to put her daughter into higher education. Somehow, housing found out and went after her and charged her with fraud and demanded 33% of what she'd saved. If you put it in a bank...they'll know right off if you are saving. As it is, when I get my income tax back, it is direct deposited. I take it out as quickly as I can. I have had my rent go up because of that amount being in my bank. It's wrong as I pay 33% of my gross income but it happens anyway.
@ajithlal (14564)
You can start a savings account and save money in there and bank also provides interest for savings account money.
Your sister is the kind of person that makes lending money a nice action. We help, yet we are not scammed. I use my piggybanks to save money. And I don`t even want to know how much I have there until I need it. When my husband was alive, I saved money for our vacations but never told him exactly how much I had. He earned the money, but I did the savings using wisely our money. When he had time, I told him that I had money and we could go away for a couple of weeks.
That is what I would like to be able to do with adrain. come to him when i have saved enough for us to do something big. like move or fix the even. thanks.
It feels so good when you have a small nest egg to buy something that is normally not a priority. I know that Adrian is good for you in many things, but I do wish he did not use your money for him or had issues with Kay.
There are things you need to keep by yourself. Things that are too personal. I think savings is one of them. You don't need to tell anybody about you savings because that might trigger and evoke their unfavorable interest in you...you knew what I mean guys... For me, keeping personal information by myself isn't wrong. Would you agree?
No,I agree with you that we don't need to share everything with people.
I don't see a problem with not disclosing the specific amount that you have saved. He knows that you are saving money; it doesn't matter how much you have, because that money is untouchable. Once it is locked away, it ceases to exist within the household budget.
That is how I have it in my mind as far as I am concerned I am broke. Thanks very much. I feel the very same way..
@cutepenguin (6458)
It's good to save money. I have heard of a lot of people doing it this way, so that they didn't really have it in the back of their head how much money they had saved so that they were less tempted to spend it. For me, knowing how much I have is motivation, because I like to try to make the number grow each month. But for you, it seems different. my husband knows how much I have squirreled away, although most of our savings are in our bank accounts and we're starting to make investments. Is it possible for you to make your way to a place where you aren't on ssi?
The only wayI could see this in my life is if I was working for myself. I am so terrified to get a job lose my ssi and then get fired or laid off. the work force is not stable enough for me to rely on it verse my check. I make way less than I could working as well. that is why I was thinking about getting my child care license again. I would be working for myself. making my own hours nad pay checks.
@ajithlal (14564)
I think it is good to save money. I think most probably you could save money for deposits and also save money for shopping small things that you need to buy. You can try to earn more to prevent from being broke at the end of the month.
I am working on putting something together for the spring time.
@TLilly12 (1230)
It is good your sister paid, you back money that was owe to you, but all you had to do was tell Adrian, was that you had money, but you were not going to, spend it you were saving it for something, you didn't have to lie about it.
@asliah (11149)
hi, sometimes we forget that someones borrow money from us,even me and that will happen not just once,and its okay with me because i can also have some favor with my siblings and my parents,sometimes my sister borrowed big amount with me but i didn't force her to pay me.