Ny is a mess right now.

I am so glad that there are no black outs anywhere. People are just going to have to deal with snow getting higher and higher..I am so glad there is no life loss like with sandy as well. I know other parts of the world have snow from last night as well. We might have snow fall till tomorrow morning. is it snowing where you live? I think so far we have had a great winter..
I'm in Ohio and we had the rain first, then some snow today with a big drop in temperature. I've been watching this storm all day on the news channels. I hope everyone will be safe and secure and have no power outages. That's one of the worst parts of storms...no electricity. The winter here I can honestly say is just a normal winter, nothing more and nothing less. Last year we didn't have hardly any snow and I was in my glory, haha. I'm a summer person. Stay safe!
Likewise, Kash. The winds here are strong and the temps dropped big time. I find winter to be very relaxing and tranquil. Good cozy weather where you can snuggle up and drink cocoa.
I hope all goes well for the rest of the storm as well. thanks.
my building did not lose light and I am so glad. I also see lights all around from my large window. thanks.
The primary thing is that people need to stay at home during serious weather events such as this. I like the snow. As long as we are warm and comfortable, I enjoy snowstorms.
That is what the news castor is stressing to people during these storms as well. I like the way it looks coming down.
@ctryhnny (3463)
I live on the first floor and the snow is up to my window sill! So far still have electricity but I don't know how long that will last! I'm in MA
I had snow up that high once when I was younger and we jumped out the window to have fun.
hi gifts its been raining and so darned cold for rain ought to be snowing b ut it does not snow in So uthern California he he.I heard you are having some real snow there right now I waq looking for Garden Grovc Ca G w4eather and hit a New York weather thingy accidently and it said you had a big storm on hand., We have just had rain and it lo oks like we ma have more later today lits just chilly and miserable here around 50 out side which is cold to us here in non insulatred buildings.
Good thing your not getting any snow there. it would make for a lot of mess and much more cold weather. try to stay warm.
@besweet (7230)
• Greece
No, it never snows in my city. But there is snow at the mountains around the city so I can go and play in the snow when everything is white! :P Today my friend was looking at the weather in different countries around the world and she specifically mentioned that it is cloudy in Paris and it's snowing in New York! So we had a talk about NY saying that we both want to visit the city one day! I hope the city will go through the snowy days without any accidents.
It never snows where I live either but I can see the beautiful Andes mountains from my windows and they are snowed in Winter. In Winter it gets cold and it rains, but it`s not too cold. I wear thick clothes but don`t need central heating at home.
@911Ricki (13602)
We are long over the snow storm, it was really high. But I laugh at people when they start flipping out about it. I drove to work in it, worked, then drove home. It's not that big of a deal, it's snow, you just have to take your time, and get through it. We are now having freezing rain, and people are panicking over it.
@aghiuta (526)
I am so glad to say that Montreal got away "easy" this time, we had a blizzard, the regular kind for Canada, only about 8 inches, and today,we had a beautiful sunny day.After a couple of weeks of really cold temperatures,it was nice to walk the dog without freezingmy assets!And rthey are\ predicting a really mild few days! I am sooo over this winter.... Can,t wait for the arrival of spring...
@bellis716 (4806)
We waited all day for friends to arrive from NY state. Finally, my husband called them. They were still at home. We were relieved that they were not stuck in a snowbank somewhere or stranded at the airport. They expect to be here in Texas tomorrow evening, barring more cancellations or delays of connecting flights. This has been a cold (in the 60s) drizzly, dreary day here in south central Texas, but I'll take that over several feet of snow any day.
@alberello (4755)
Well, where I live in Italy and more precisely in the city of Genoa, today the temperature dropped sharply. Just for tomorrow, Sunday, February 10, forecasts the weather, they also intended snow in my part. Just in my part I still have to say that the snow is very rare. Especially when it falls and engages in the soil, it lasts no more than two or three days. All things considered I must say that we are lucky enough, we Genovesi.
@cynthiann (18619)
• Jamaica
I have been watching the news on cable and seeing where the north east of the USA is really suffering and the amount of snow is totally unbelievable. I have friends in Boston and they still have heating thank goodness. I am so sorry for those who are suffering and nare in the cold without power. Today is beautiful. sunny with a light wind and is about in the early 80'sF. I feel Keep safe and warm
@LaurenInLA (2272)
I'm in the Seattle area and we rarely get snow. January was very cold for this area with lows in the 20's. Fortunately, during that cold streak, I was in Florida visiting friends. I will never complain about rain again. We typically sit in the low to mid 40's. My friend's children flew into Portland Maine two days ago, just in time for the storm. Everyone in New England..please be safe.
@winterose (39921)
Yes it is snowing and montrealers are used to it. A light snow fall is actually very nice.
@sid556 (31006)
I'm in NH and it is just starting to come down really hard with winds blowing. The media over-hyped it as they always do and our lovely governer asked everyone to please try to be off the roads by 7pm. Mass. closed down the state which was ridiculous and was fining and giving jail time to anyone on the roads. Because of the stupid hype, there was absolutly next to no business at where the store that I work in. My boss finally said, "Let's just shut down." I drove 2 towns away to get home in my little car and did not have one problem at all. It is New England and I've seen and driven in some pretty bad storms. At that point, this was not one of them. I can see now that it has picked up in intensity but geez... it is 2AM. I lost almost 2 hours pay thanks to the dam media
We have had very little snow this winter, so we are in a drought. We had snow a little over a week ago, but not much. We had rain night before last, but not much. I am right here in the middle of the US.
@trisha27 (3505)
Wow, I've been hearing about the snow everywhere. But no we haven't had any snow here. It rarely snows here in Texas where I'm at. Some parts of Texas do get snow though. Its like once in a blue moon that we will get snow here though. It would be nice to get some snow though, but thats okay though I guess. We really haven't had much of a winter though, which I hate, because I love winter so much. But I have heard on the news that we will be getting back to cooler temperatures in a few days, so that I am looking forward to. It is nice though that you haven't gotten any black outs. That's a good thing. Stay warm and enjoy your snow.
@Blondie2222 (21398)
Yes it's snowing bad here in western, ny. Their calling for 2-4 inches for us tonight thru tomorrow morning. It's nasty out right now it's snowing heavy and the wind is blowing causing whiteouts and the roads are icy. I'm so glad I have no where to go until Sunday night.
WE are in Summer now, and our Winters are mild. It rains, but it never snows where I live. It gets cold, but nothing that a coat cannot cure. We don`t usually have central heating, except for the very rich. For us it is a luxury and not a necessity. I have thought many times that in my country there cannot be people that are very poor: our climate is so wonderful that noone can be hungry.
@mariaperalta (19096)
• Mexico
I saw that on cnn here, also says more may be coming there....
Nope, no snow out here. The closest we had to it was a few weeks back . . . we actually had ice near my daughter's school . . . on the sidewalk in some areas, grass, and the gutters! There is NEVER ice here - so it was pretty darn chilly that night (I'm sure it melted that morning). Since then we've had both cold and hot days (and I mean very summerish weather) . . . but now we're getting super cold again. Today the sun has been peeping out here and there . . . and little droplets have been falling every now and then. Still, I know it's no where near where we can have some snow (we never have snow here) - so I cannot complain too much about it being that freezing here (such babies we are!). Glad you are feeling the positive side of winter!
@rog0322 (2834)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Hi, Summer is about to begin here in this part of the world, the sun shines with all its glory right from the very hours it clears the horizon. Blue skies, with just a hint of clouds, on the beach, clear calm waters with the breeze starting to blow slowly. Then, the temperature rises and my computer system gets hotter that it threaten to shut down at the slightest notice. I have no air-conditioning unit so I have to rely on the fan that circulates warm air into the room so all I can do is to think of the cold, snowy weather you have there. I know you also long for the warm sun here but we get our pros and cons with the kind of weather we have so lets just make the best out of what we've got right now.