Do You Make A Living Totally Online?

@MoonGypsy (4613)
i use to work both on and offline. now, i am disability and also work online for a living. i was just wondering how many people on mylot work totally online for a living. if so, what do you do?
@jagjit273 (1740)
By profession, l am a lawyer, but yes i am working part-time online and l am loving it. Lets be friends and earn together. Have a nice day.
@MoonGypsy (4613)
wow! that is great a lawyer! what kind of law do you do? i use to be in law school and worked at the same time, but i got sick and couldn't continue. now, my work is online, but i also make jewelry with my daughter. tell me, what is it that you do online?
@ARIES1973 (9531)
• Legaspi, Philippines
@ jagjit! I am glad to know that there is a lawyer in our community. Perhaps we can ask your advice from time to time about legal matters. @moon. Thank you for opening this topic. We will be able to know what our friends are doing aside from myLot. Have a nice day to both of you.
@jagjit273 (1740)
You are always welcome
@TLilly12 (1230)
I make my living online to, I am also disabled, and I don't mind working online it keep me busy, gives me something to do, and make the time go by a whole lot faster, than when I use to work offline, I didn't like working for some one else, and them telling me what to do, now I cam do what ever I want to do,I have my own work schedule my own work hours,I can take my breaks when ever, I want to take them I can take my vacation when ever I want to, I love working online.
I'm the same, I don't want to have to work with someone who just tells me what to do. Its a hassle having to be at a work place every day but when we work at home we don't have to go anywhere. We can enjoy our work online!
@MoonGypsy (4613)
me too. working for someone else offline made me more sick than i already was. the pressure was to much. sometimes i still have nightmares about having to be somewhere and being late. i think working for other people help traumatize me. lol.
I am hoping to be able to make a living just online. I haven't been doing it for that long. Just a little over a year now. I can't say that I have made enough, to live off of. But, I am hoping the time comes when I can. I have put many hours into it. It seems like I learn something new everyday. Hopefully, in the next four years. I will be making a good living from the internet. Tat is my goal. I just have to see what happens. I have learned a lot from the many wonderful people here.
@wolfie34 (26793)
If I relied solely on the money I made online I would surely starve! There is a lot of competition out there are too many scams, which I seem to find. I used to be heavily into affiliate marketing, but I was spending too much time for too little gain. I respect and admire those that can earn a living online, I guess I am not cut out to be an internet marketer.
Yes its the same sad fact for me. I can't make enough yet to support even just for bills so I either need to get a good thing going here or eventually I"m going to need a job.
@MoonGypsy (4613)
that would be a sad thing to have to give up and go back to work. maybe it wouldn't be giving up, though. maybe it would be doing what you had to do for a while, as you continue to build your online income.
@jenny1015 (13389)
I used to be working online for an Australian Company. And the income I get was almost the same as working offline. I used to be a system administrator and was also a social media marketing manager. Well, my scope of work was really wide. And sometimes, working 8 hours on line and 5 days a week is not enough. It was just like working in an office. The only difference is that I work online and all meetings with the boss and co-workers are through online collaboration.
@MoonGypsy (4613)
that's interesting. happened to that job? was it stressful?
@jenny1015 (13389)
It was stressful but I had fun. I wanted a kind of work that would make my mind work all the time. And some would think it is a lot of pressure, but the job was something new to me and I was so eager to learn new things. I took up Dentistry in College but never pursued a career on that. I really know nothing about computer that much except to do research and make use of Microsoft Word. And with that company, I have really learned a lot. Well, my working with them ended coz they were having trouble with thier finances. And I knew why. I just didn't want then to tell me that I should not be meddling with that area, but if they just realize their mistakes before I even joined them, then they would not have lost a lot of money. My pay was getting delayed. I think it was almost 2 months. I never told my husband about it coz he'd be really angry. Anyway, I still worked with them and hoped that they'd somehow send my salary. But when they did, they only sent me the amount good for a month's work. I was disappointed. They said, they really no longer have the resources. Then they asked me if I could still work for them to straighten some problems. I wished I could, but if my husband would be seeing me overworked and I am not getting any pay, then, my husband and I will just end up fighting. Anyway, almost 2 years have passed, but I am still in contact with them. I send them greeting cards during their birthdays and holidays.
@CODYMAC (1357)
• San Diego, California
I wish I totally made a living online. But, until things get better and I invest a little more in some sites that I have found to be legit, I need to work. To tell you the truth, I need to work for about another 6 to 9 months before I can even come close to making $50 per day online. That is my goal, making $50 and above online, per day. Once I can do that, then that is all I will do. I am tired of working for others who are interested in themselves, and dont really care about others. My idea is to help others too, and $50 per day, every day means $350 per week, and $1,400 per month. I can live on $800 per month, and the other I plan on doing things with. I really love service work. Have a great day,
@MoonGypsy (4613)
i would love to have an online job that pays that much a month! the only thing i could find are those jobs that take a lot of experience and qualifications that i don't have. this doesn't mean that it still isn't possible, though. i believe if you seek, you shall find.
@Janurmas (645)
You are a very passionate person. I am inspired for your efforts in living your life. I work online just in my free time. I have my offline job, and I love it. But I also need to make residual income to add my income. I prefer make money online rather that spending my time with useless things. discussing on Mylot is one of my best ways to enjoy my free time.
@MoonGypsy (4613)
thank you so much for your compliment. it gave me the boost of energy that i needed today to do what i do. you are right, though. when you are working online and you enjoy it, it's not work at all.
@tash01 (2032)
• Jamaica
no am not,am still in the learning process.Am only making sweets,money at this time.Because i live in the Caribbean,their is not a lot that accept me because of where i love.I only work on my blog,triond,mylot,microworkers,at this time.People living in the use have a lot more opportunity than me. But for now am going to stick with these,for now till i can earn a little more.
@MrGhost (550)
I think it is very hard to make a living only on online earnings.
@mani118 (146)
• Pakistan
I am new here and i have't fined the way to earm money online..But other sides like freelance is best side to earn online but that require skill in which you are experiance. Here i am also looking the anwser like you to earn.
Yep, I wonder too if this online thing really works, some say it's scam but Ive never done this but now. I hope this is real I feel you MoonGypsy, doing myLot wontdo us harm why not try right since it seems that many people are doing this too.
@echoforever (5192)
I don't have an offline job. I do fully work online. I don't earn very much and if it weren't that I was living with someone I wouldn't be able to pay for bills and things I need. I am working toward a monthly income that will be sufficient for these things in the future.
@KrauseHome (35035)
Well, I work online and offline, and work for someone else as well. I do have my Own business and do shows and such but for now, it is not enough to be able to just earn from this. I do have a lot of Health issues as well so for now also need the Medical but hoping to branch out to more my own online/offline business besides being here in myLot as well.