Seperated but never forgotten....................

Mexico
Ive been seperated from my ex now over 2 years. Many things have happened with him since them. Some you have read here about my son. But I will never forget the love I once had for him. I dont love him anymore, like I did before. But he is the father of my son. I do care about him. Do you think we ever forget them? I dont. He turns 39 today, and I was thinking about the great times we had. I see one of them in front of me now, my son miguel.
@inertia4 (26296)
I already forgot the evil ex. I feel nothing for her and never will ever again. I am sure she thinks about me from time to time. But the kids are the best thing now that I can ever say we ever had. She repulses me now. I cannot stand looking at that evil face of hers. I am ashamed to call her my children's mother.
• Mexico
I understand that, but she doesn deserve some credit.. If it wasnt for her youd not have those great kids you love so much.
@inertia4 (26296)
I understand that. But if you knew her you would want to hit her with a pipe. LOL. Thats what I'm talking about.
• Mexico
shes real bad then, sorry to hear that....
@34momma (13918)
I have been there myself. I am not married to a wonderful man and I love him dearly. But I have two son's from other relationships. I still think of them and always wanted the best for them. I will never forget them and the amazing gifts I got from them. My boys are two of the most amazing people I know. I now have a daughter with my husband and together... all of us make a very happy family. You will never forget, but you will love him forever and move on to someone who will love you forever
• Mexico
thats great.. Id love to get married again some day. Im 34 now, so I guess I still have time. Take care...
@34momma (13918)
Time only runs out when you stop breathing honey! so keep hope alive
• Mexico
thanks dear, may soon for me. Never know when the right one comes through the door...
@mentalward (14716)
I'm so happy to see that you can see the good that came from your marriage. That's a great attitude! MY husband's birthday was yesterday, too. Maybe it has something to do with people born on February 12th but he and I don't have much of a marriage anymore. I used to think that he was my soulmate but time has proven me wrong. We have no children together so I can't even thank him for that. I have two sons that my current husband has never treated as his own stepsons. He's an extremely private person and despises interruptions into his private world. I've learned to leave him alone, even moving out of our bedroom. We're still living under the same roof but that's about it as far as any "relationship" goes. I've tried over and over to bring us closer together but he makes absolutely no effort so I learned to go about my life without him by my side. It's a very strange relationship. I'd love to get away from him but I simply cannot afford it right now as I am disabled and unable to hold any kind of full-time employment. I wish there was some way I could see my husband in a positive light but he's done nothing but hurt me. I'd have money and a nice home of my own if he had not "borrowed" all the money I had with a promise to pay it all back but with no intention of paying any of it back. Naturally, I didn't know that last part until enough time had passed without him paying back even a little bit of it. So, I'm stuck here... for now. All the promises he made to me when we first met have all been proven to be lies. All I can do now is to try to enjoy my life without him in it for the most part.
• Mexico
sorry to hear that, I bet thats tough sometimes. I also thought my ex was the only one id ever love. And wed be together forever. He started to drink and all changed. Take care there. See ya here soon.
• Mexico
Mine didnt drink for years. Then he started, and all went bad from there...
@911Ricki (13602)
I think you are absolutely right, you spent that time together, you have that connection of your son. I don't think it will ever change.
• Mexico
I agree. but as Ive said here in this post. Its so important for a young man to have his dad close. I really feel that way....
@911Ricki (13602)
I agree with you, it's at a key point in his life where his father should be there. Whether the parents are still together or not. But sometimes it's best if he wasn't in his life.
• Mexico
Its hard enough when one parents is in another country.... I understand it that way..
@jenny1015 (13394)
I don't think that it is ever possible to forget a person most especially those who have been a part of our lives that made a great impact. As time pass, things have changed. We may not love the person as much as before, but there would always be a spot left in our hearts for them.
• Mexico
I agree, at least we have the good memories. Even though there are bad ones as well.
@jenny1015 (13394)
Yeah! Coz we really could not get rid of the bad memories linked to a person.....but at least we have become better persons, right?
@dpk262006 (52377)
Hi Maria! Your feelings are understandable. I agree with you that memory do not fade from our mind. You would have spent considerable time with your ex-hubby before finally separating from him. It is not possible to forget the good time you spent with him. I think there is no method through which we could just stop these kinds of thoughts travelling in our mind, it is inevitable. Just count your blessings and forget the sorrowful incidents, I would say.
• Mexico
I hear many who say they hate their exes. How can that be? If they truly loved them once, they should have some feeling for them.
@dpk262006 (52377)
You have a valid point to make.
@blackrusty (3532)
• Mexico
things have away of working out in good time
• Mexico
seems so. Most of the time. If gods willing. Have a super day david.......
• Mexico
you too
@maximax8 (27049)
I don't think there is a perfect man. Your ex might have some things you liked or loved about him. It seems you won't ever forget him. He is the father of your son so that makes things more complicated. It is lovely for you to think of lovely times you and he enjoyed together in the past. I have an ex boyfriend that at that time felt like my darling soul mate. Our relationship lasted just eight months. I think about him sometimes and know I won't see him again. He lives at the other end of the country than I do. He just had his birthday last month.
• Mexico
i agree, I thought I had married the perfect one. He was great for 4-5 years. Then all went down from there.
@irene66 (1671)
My feelings towards my ex boyfriend is also like this. We also had a great time when we were together. Some big happenings and small things but they mean a lot to me. After 25 years of separation because I married another man and him another woman, we still cannot forget each other. Recently, we were friends on facebook and when we tried to chat the old feelings sparked. Maybe there are really relationships that are difficult to push away no matter what
• Mexico
Great to know you are still friends. As you once had great feelings for him.
I think that there are some people with whom we have relationships in our lives from whom we are never really able to recover from. This is definitely something that is especially true when it comes to a spouse or lover with whom you've had children because of the fact that there will never be a time in either of your lives where they are not interwoven in some way, even if this is something that plays a very minor part in your life.
• Mexico
I agree with you there. Im over my ex. But I have a friend here who divorced last year. She cries for hers every single day...
@kokomo (1868)
I think there is a reason why you have been separated and maybe it will be better for both of you. Maybe it is not worth it to for you to stay together. You can still be a good parents with your son even if you are separated. Good thing that despite what had happened with both of you, you still treat him as the father of your son. You already forgiven him and that is good.
• Mexico
sure is, Its called spouse abuse. I really could nt take it any more. Glad all is well now.. :)
@aerous (13475)
Well, you can't avoid such happen because of the many things you and him being together in longer year. In this case, you need to move on for the sake of your kids and for the sake with your life that need to be happy also... Life really hard to understand but we need to remember that life is full of mystery and this must not be new to all of us.
• Mexico
Yes, I am moving on. Everyday is another day I live for my boy. God bless you. How are you these days??
@vivek19 (219)
I don't think that you would ever be able to forget him as your son will always remind you of your husband memories. I think you should change your mind as soon as he gets into your mind. I hope that will help...
• Mexico
Yes, very true... everytime I see my son. I see my ex face. They kinda look alike.
@alottodo (3062)
I have been divorced from my children's father for over 25 years now but he always calls me at least twice a year and keeps in touch with the now grown up children every now and then. I learnt to put the past and the bad memories behind me a long time ago now I can remember the good times we had but I don't dwell on it because what could have been may be was not suppose to be.
• Mexico
thats good, he must still think about you now and then. Hope all is well for you there.
@sonusd (1534)
Dear maria It is nice to know that you are having a very soft heart.I can understand your feelings as I have also passed in the same situation. This is impossible to forget the moment you have spend with him if those are some of your happiest moment you can do only one thing keeping your self busy doing something and try to find a new partner for you and do not ever compare the love between your present and ex which will hurt you only.
• Mexico
Yes, my ex did give many great years and a son. I did give me 3-4 bad ones. But alls well now.. :)
@stary1 (6622)
mariaperalta Since you have a son together I think it's wonderful you still remember your ex and the good times. Things change, but you will always have the memories of those years of happiness and the son that resulted from your love.. I think your love even if in the past, is beautuful..
• Mexico
Yes I do, I just wish the ex would remember he also has a son..
Hello there, You know what I am in a somewhat situation like you do but it's not mw it's my boyfriends ex lover. They were separated for almost three years now and they have a daughter and she is also married. I don't know if I am just over reacting but I think that girl is still thinking about my man. Well I mean it's given because somewhat you have that connection and I accept that fact. YES you will NEVER forget him because both of you shared a same precious one which your SON...
• Mexico
I agree, its not the same as having both original parents. Glad I always had mine...
@salonga (27839)
It saddens me when I hear stories of separations, divorce, or split of loved ones. How I wish that love between two couples for as long as they are legitimate should stay forever. Butthere are circumstances that are beyond one's own control. Even if one does not one to separate but the other would not cooperate then how would the relationship be kept? It takes two to tango after all. In your case, it is obvious you still have soft spot for the father of your son. You have a son and he is the reason why you can't completely cut the tie between the two of you. You said you don't love him anymore. Well, only you can tell. Did he find a new one already? How about you? Maybe yes... but if not, how I wish you could go back into each others arm to start life anew.
• Mexico
I agree, but sometimes its for the best. I waited as long as I could, hoping it was going to get better. Bu it got worse and worse. So I left him..
• Marion, Kansas
No, I do not think you ever forget them, especially if you have children together. It is just natural that many things, like even the calendar date, will remind you of them. Sometimes you are reminded in a bad way, but sometimes, like looking at your son, you are reminded in a good way of the things that you guys shared.
• Mexico
I feel you can ever completely forget them, as you were in love with them at one time. All cant ever be 100% gone.
@Raine38 (8909)
That's a nice way of remembering your ex. And you're right, despite what happened, he left you a very wonderful gift in the form of your son. And for that alone, I know that you will be grateful to him. That is a very healthy way of closing a chapter in your life. As a mother I know you will give everything within your capability to give to your son anything that he may need. He also and still needs his father, and since you seem to have a good closure with him, it will not bring any strains on you and your son whenever he spends time with his father.
• Mexico
sure did, I will always have that with me here. Even if I had a bad few years with his father. All is well now...