Love is a destiny or it is about planning and searching

Pasay, Philippines
While I am reading the newspaper while ago since it is Valentine ’s Day, the headline was about True Love, if you are meant to each other. It was stated on the newspaper regarding the tally or percentage regarding their opinion about relationship or love. It just so happened that there is question regarding on belief about love is a destiny or about planning and being search. This was being tallied by gender. 84% of women are saying that love is a destiny while only 72% from men. Then love is about planning and searching it was 28% of males while 16% from females. So in your case, why do you believe that love is a destiny or it is about planning and searching? What are your basis regarding this matter?
@chiyosan (30205)
Hi Metatronik. =) I think there cn be a combination of both when it comes to friendships and relationships and LOVE of course. So here is my point: Love is Destiny, when you meet someone - the person you are supposed to be destined with, you have met that person in school, at work, in clubs, or in malls then it is your destiny that tells you that this person "Could be" your destiny, especially if you were attracted to the person. Now... the planning part, meant that if you were attracted to the person, and you remained as you were before and after you met this person... then there is no planning, nothing happened and nothing came to being. So even if the person was supposed to be meant for you, you did nothing to make it happen! If this person was your officemate then you remained officemates for life. As she or he became attached, and someone planned and did many things to capture the person's heart... then you will just watch as you have let someone slipped away byt not doing anything! :D
• Pasay, Philippines
As I could understand about planning it is about they are finding a person that they want to have date with. Sometimes it is because they just talk in chat or they did that on purpose to join any form of communication wherein they want to find the person or partner to have relationship with.
@mythociate (15963)
• Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
You Live. That is the ONLY Destiny---until a choice you make forces you to stop living in certain ways. Marriage (particularly the invasive interaction that marriage makes legal) is a way to keep on living in a more-physical way than 'only tradition'---although marriage also carries your less-physical traditions---makes them strong & more-popular. All the marriages whose traditions I know sprang from the two 'meeting through occupations' (my mom & dad, students at the University of Oklahoma; my sister & her husband, working at Chuck E. Cheese's; my cousin/godsister & her husband, he was my godfather's coworker at Fred Jones Manufacturing). It all goes back to Adam. G*d saw that it was not good for him to be alone & -that he needed a helper & -that none of the animals would serve, so he made Eve to be a help that would serve. So that's what a wife is---a helper in keeping a husband focused in life.
• Pasay, Philippines
I can't get what you mean about destiny.
@mythociate (15963)
• Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
I can't get what I mean either. I think you just 'let it be' and it'll come together when it needs to ... basically Your destiny is: You live. As long as you choose to live, you choose your destiny. If you choose other than your destiny, it no longer concerns us. Sometimes life becomes a destiny you choose only because there's no other way you can stay with the person who is 'flesh of your flesh.'
@tipay26 (873)
Hi there Metatronik you have a challenging discussion, while reading your topic I was thinking of some answers to your questions and believe me I had a hard time thinking of good answers.To truly love someone, on my own perspective in life., you have to be prepared for everything.If you found true love easily then you are very lucky to share it with your loved-one.Most of us stumble and fall so many times in order to search and find their love of their lives.And that makes the ride worth it.You wouldn't know if you truly loved someone if you haven't experienced getting hurt and rejected.But if your love and intention is pure, you wouldn't mind getting hurt and rejected all over again just for your loved one.Many of us think that once their love for another person was acknowledged it stops there.As a girl myself I always think of possibilities on where would our love bring us together.I mean we can't just stay in love with each other for the rest of our lives.We both get older and as time passes by we should take our relationship a notch higher in order for us to know how deep we are with each other.That's the planning stage happens.I guess it depends on the age of two lovers on how they see love.
• Pasay, Philippines
We have really different point of views in terms of defining the true love. I don't know if there are others who are being forced to love their partners for the sake to have relationship. There are some instances that people who are being involved in relationship is not really in love with his/her partner.
@edvc77 (2143)
I think love is destiny. No matter where you are in this world one day you are going to meet your partner somewhere and some time.
• Pasay, Philippines
Honestly that is how I believe so that love is a destiny. Not really a point of choosing the partner that you want to be with in the rest of your life but at least you became in love with each other during your friendship and other more situation.
• Poland
I wouldn't say it's planning and searching. You can plan and search all you want but love isn't a matter to be planned. It's too unpredictable. Searching rarely does anything good. You will be dissapointed so many times before you find something even partially satisfying. But I don't think love is destiny either. Love is more accidentally then everything else.
• Pasay, Philippines
Thanks for your opinion. As I've already observed with other people who are searching and even planning then chances are there are really relationships that are not successful. It is because maybe some of them are not contented and some of them are still searching for the perfect preferences that they want as if there is really perfect. I am actually disagree of searching because it was like you are just forcing yourself to love a person or you just want to have partner for the sake that you are in relationship. In some instances it is because they are insecure of other people especially seeing their friends that they have their own partner while that person is just single. They have to understand that being in relationship is not about happiness or even an achievement that at least they are in relationship.
@joliefille (3696)
I think it's a mixture of both. One cannot exist without the other. If you just wait for your destiny to come, you might miss the chance of keeping it even if you find it because you're trapped in the idea that it's destiny and it should be free and easy. Whereas if you keep searching and planning you might miss also the opportunity that destiny can offer if you only were present at the right time.
• Pasay, Philippines
I think it depends on case to case basis that is why I can't really state that is a fact about if it is destiny or searching.
@asliah (11148)
for me i think both them are used by different people,because there are people who believe in destiny and they wait for the right person,and also there are people too who are still keep looking for their partner in lifetime,it will depend on how people think about love.
Well, I believe it is a mix of both. Of course, fate brings the two of you together, yet the choice is yours to make whether to pursue it or not. Everyday we are given opportunities whom to love but we filter, and thus we search for the one who fits our ideals. But then again, there are instances that we stop the search because even if we haven't found a match to our search, someone came and changed our views, then our lives forever. So it was fate, or should I say God's plan for us. He has this amazing ways of designing each one's love story. So I guess what's left with us is to be observant, always ready when the opportunity comes. We can't just let destiny rule our lives, because you will end up alone and miserable. We are given free will for a reason. We just have to listen to what God is telling us to do. He will show the way, the right person. And when the timing is right, you have to make the move and fight for it.
@babyeve (1051)
• Seychelles
Love is about planning and searching. We must look for love in order to find it, we must share love in order for it to be returned to us, we must always think positive about love and have loads of courage too. Love is capable of finding you when you least expect it too. Once you find it, you should hold on tight to it.