What The F*** Is Going On

We are six weeks into 2013 and quite frankly this year is becoming surreal. [b]Lance Armstrong confesses to being a cheat. North Korea is testing nukes. Oscar Pistorius shoots his missus. A King found buried in a Car Park. HorseBurgers and Pony Lasagna. and the continuing rounding up and charging of British celebrities for child molesting[/b] - Allegedly I know there is stuff I have missed, but is it going to be like this all year?
@inertia4 (27792)
Everything is going on, thats whats happening. LOL. It has been like this for years. Only now we have the internet and many social media outlets. So the news does travel much faster now then years past. And remember, years ago, they did not always report certain kinds of news like they do today. So we hear about things more and more kinds of things. And like I said, faster because of the internet and social media.
I have to disagree with you there steve... I do believe that more is happening ..... Meteor shower this morning?
@inertia4 (27792)
I don't know about that. No, no meteor showers. LOL. It does seem like more is going on. But these days it seems that if a celebrity farts thats breaking news. It might be more shocking for the times now. Back in the day, there were things that were shocking for the times, that we see as normal today. It has to be progression to a point. I think I am at the point that nothing shocks me anymore. I put nothing past anyone. The world is going to continue to get stranger and stranger. I guess we have to accept that.
@inertia4 (27792)
LOL Maria. Nice!!! Yea it was front page news. I found that more interesting the the meteor. LOL. Hey Now!!!!
@mysdianait (64155)
There are two more events to be added to that list. The Pope resigning and the meteor falling in Russia today, injuring 1000 and doing a lot of damage. We still have the asteroid later this evening too
I know - The world has gone mad... Do you think I might need to have a word with Jesus?
Lets be honest - Silvio is a legend. They world is a better place when he joins in
@mysdianait (64155)
I wish he was a legend in the true definition Instead we risk having him back again after the elections next week
@echoforever (5192)
I've been out of the loop with news for months now. The world is going crazy that's my theory. Soon it will be so crazy it will just spin out of control into the sun.
Cool... I did have by hopes pinned on Zombies, but that will do
There's already zombies! People smoking bath salt and then eating people's faces, zombies, right?!
Smoking bath salts? Never heard of that one
@Aja103654 (5658)
Strange things have been happening a lot lately. I don't watch the news so I don't know about these things. We will have to carry on whatever happens. I dread that more strange things, even dangerous ones, will occur later this year. People are crazy.
People really are crazy! I stilld on't know how the whole world functions, day in, and day out, without destroying itself.
@Aja103654 (5658)
Haha, the world is not that easy to understand. If everyone just got along, cast aside their selfishness and do things that will do good for everyone, things would have been simpler and more pleasant. Too bad there are so many insane people lurking around, spreading even more dirt and infecting others with their rottenness.
@Aja103654 (5658)
I don't think that will change any time soon.
Sometimes,"Truth is stranger than fiction" ,however the world moves ahead.
• Mexico
We all have to move ahead. Life is tough these days all over the world. God bless you...
I agree with you.thanks a lot!
@bunnybon7 (37905)
• Holiday, Florida
kind of run of the mill if you ask me. been worse years and any way, wasnt 12-21-12 supposed to be the end? so thank your lucky stars you are still here.
Only the loonies and gullible thought the world was going to end. I disagree, six weeks in and the year has gone crazy - From a UK point of view
• Mexico
Was a bad 2012 for me her, like in the rest of the world. lets hope 2013 is great for all around this great world here.
@aqirock (857)
well earth is always spinning, everything will happen day to day, just pray not something bad happen to ourself :)
There seems to be a lot of bad things happening recently in the world... I suppose it was bound to happen sometime.
• Mexico
Also all the usa marines killed in wars, when will all this end?
@p1kef1sh (45640)
I think that you'll find that 'man bites dog' will figure too. We live in exciting times!
• Mexico
Give that dog a bone.. ha ha ha
If I would supposed to make more safety and happiness for today world I guess I have to close all newspapers and turn off TVs when I hear this sort of new.
@jdawg011 (505)
The Korea thing is a bit scary... their leader seems like a bit of a lunatic if you ask me, and South Korean is probably not feeling too happy about it! Let's hope it doesn't get out of hand. BTW thanks for a meaningful discussion here, some of them (no offense to anyone) are quite monotonous in some ways.