Volunteer Work

If you are retired or if you don't work, I think volunteering can be very gratifying. I have just retired from my teaching job and I'm thinking of volunteering. I think I might like to work in an animal shelter since I love animals. I think it is importsnt to do something that is rewarding if you are not working. Does anyone have any ideas what type of volunteer work can be satisfying and fun?
@lkbooi (16101)
Hi Happielady85, I like children around age of ten I would like spending my leisure time together with them helping them in their school homework after school. It's said that some primary schools are looking for retired people who are willing to take care and give tuition to kids who are not good in their language for a couple of hours weekly. Yeah, it must be fun as well as meaningfullto be with these adorable kids Happy posting
Yes, we live near an elementary school. there was a time when my sister and I would volunteer by tutoring kids who needed help.. We worked with one child at a time. It's good to work with just one kid because you can spend a lot of time with them. It is very rewarding when you know you can help a child with their reading, math or spelling.
@trisha27 (3498)
You are so right and I agree that anyone should at least do some volunteer work whenever they can. It will make them appreciate their life so much more. People can volunteer in hospitals, homeless shelters and food banks are some of the things I could think of. I always wanted to volunteer at an animal shelter too, I just love animals.
If I get retired I will choose some kind of volunteering job relate to sport,because I feel like to watch sport game so in this way I will be very happy.
@edvc77 (2143)
Volunteering involves sacrifice. It is very rewarding too. Teaching in orphanage is good too or tutoring them academics or arts. Working in animal shelter is good too. As long as you love to do it then go for it. You will be rewarded in time. God Bless
maybe volunteer some of your talent, money or skill is just a small matter for you but i sure you can see the shine of smile in they face which me happy and satisfy while fulfil the most human spiritual. I maybe not rich enough but sure with the contribution of my skill, time and energy can make the same contribution as the rich. it does not make sense to compare myself or your to the rich guy when it come to valunteer, it is a good case right.
@Raine38 (9193)
I would like to do something like this when I am retired and money is no longer that much of an issue. Well, that's actually one of our plans, to be able to do charity or volunteer works when we are retired and not to worry much about money that is why at this point we are putting everything that we can to save.
@ARIES1973 (9539)
• Legaspi, Philippines
If that what will make you happy then go for it friend. It is good to share whatever time we had with others and enjoy our life as well. My mother will be retiring this coming September and she is planning to put up a dress shop as this is favorite hobby eversinec. Have a nice day!
@jricky1 (6808)
Volunteer work can make me really happy for helping others and contrubite one of my little effort.I can't express the feeling of doing such things but i konw that i enjoy such things and have fun meanwhile.I did such kind of job before and also making many friends.It's cool to fulfill my life.
@gamyam (572)
• Hyderabad, India
The time when it comes after retirement of our work is very important to our life. We will get a lot of time to spend on some important social activities like helping others in some areas. I already have a strong thought of doing help other actually we are need of money, shelter, food...like other needs. There is a great happy by doing so for all. It is a great task instead of praying for god. I don't want to go for a church, mosque, temple.... A always used to go for huts of poverty people where they live in bad conditions. help, help and help.... there is no substitute for this golden words for every huma being in this world.
I would love to do anything that would be in the sewing field where I could learn to sew clothing or more items. that is all I could think of at this point. I would never go to a animal shelter. I would not want that smell in my clothing at all. I went a few times for a cat and never again.