Poor Countries are givig susidy to their poorest of the poor Families

In other countries example the Philippines are giving Subsidy to their citizen for allegedly it will help them alleviate their Living Standard. Currently the Philippine is implementing the " PANTAWID GUTOM " project. This project is a way of giving cash money to their poor people freely without worries of payment and now The Association of Jeepney Drivers are also clamoring for Gas subsidy from the Government. Are they on the way of building a Nation or destroying the very basic foundation of a Nation to move on for the next Generation ? The Philippine is a poor Nation wherein Millions of People are working abroad for a living.
@mariaperalta (19096)
• Mexico
thats great.. to bad other countries dont do that. The usa gives welfare money to family, but many abuse it to get it. Very sad. Hope it works out in your country..
But I don't think it will be right specially the Philippine is a poor country, The Government must encourage everybody to work hard to improve and not waiting on what they can receive for free. Anybody who is trying hard to improve himself is helping his Government to grow.
• Mexico
very true, everyone needs to know thaT working hard is the best way. But like here in Mexico... there just are not many jobs for so many people here.
Then why no go out and seek your luck in another country, your talented my dear I observed that in your reasoning.
@dandan07 (1908)
Poorest people really need help. Even living in a poor country, they still can get something to make their a little better from their own government. To help people in the country survive is the responsibility of the local government. You can not depend on people or government of other countries to help people in your country. Though the poorest can get money for free is a little unfair, your government do the right thing in some degree. If you think they should not get the money for free, you can suggest to add some volunteer work for them to do.
@dandan07 (1908)
The government may be just want to make the society to look better. It does not care about what is the real fact. The President can makes the rate of poor low, so that he may win the next vote. If the government really want to do something to help poorest people, the best way is to let them learn some useful skills which can help them lead a normal life. But in many cases, government will put out some learn programs while the poorest do not want to learn. Getting money from the government is much easier than earning it by themselves.
Yes and that attitude must not be tolerated. They must exert effort to earn for a living.
@else22 (4319)
Now that elections in our country,India,are round the corner,the government has envisaged a programme,Aadhar,throgh which cash will be transferred to peoples' bank accounts directly.If the programme is implemented successfully,it would be good for the people.The government has earned a bad name due to corruption,it is trying hard to implement the programme within a year,but time is too short and I don't think,it would be implented within this short period.The government calls it a 'game changer.'It thinks it,if implemented,would help it win the election.
That's bad short planning is not good and is open to corruption. Almost all is for reason of bad Politics.
@else22 (4319)
I think so too.It's nothing more than a poll gimmic.The government knows it is going to be voted out and hence this vote garnering tactic.
@lampar (7597)
May be all these poor countries need to find a way to legislate a good national economy policy that is able to generate wealth for the country first before giving out subsidy mindlessly. They need to find out the main reason why there is so many hardcore poverty inside the country before they hand out goody incessantly from their own shallow pocket. If the poorest are in this situation due to unequal competitive forces, disadvantage position in society, being taken advantage by the elitists and lack of political connection to the decision makers, not because of their refusal to work, and lack of wills to better themselves, then every helps should be provided using government resources. It will be a better solution if government can expand the domestic economy in a way that can distribute the pie fairly and equally among the have and have not, and empower the poor and the poorest of the citizen with the necessary tools and knowledge to succeed in market place, provide financial incentive by promoting hard work and encourage them to become productive members of the society, not just giving out cash money without any viable program to make them independent of government in the future; as this action will only destroy the future of the country further down the road.
You are very right and I hate to think of that, I sometimes wish that the manager or a President must immune from any emotions and must implement whatever must be implemented for the good of the majority.
@lampar (7597)
I don't consider giving cash money or subsidies to Jeepney owners or companies is helping the poor, they are not poor in the sense of the word; no matter from which angle you look at them, their company is making big bucks from the rides provided to foreign tourists and local alike, how is that possible for them to be classified as 'poor' ??
@suspenseful (40326)
It used to be back here in Canada and the States that immigrants would send money back to support their families until they could make it or until they could afford to bring their families here. So what the Filipinos are doing by working overseas and on the cruise ships, is what others have done. It is a good thing. Sure the government will help, but that help should be limited else it will kill initiative.
It is true, I for one is one hundred percent not favorable to the moved of the Government. I want every penny must be accounted and must be earned on an honorable accomplishment of worked assigned.
@suspenseful (40326)
Especially when the country is poor. They cannot afford to give money away. It is also best that the people learn to work to get ahead, even if they have to leave their country temporarily and send the money they make back to their families.
@jenny1015 (13394)
I understand your point. And I think that these people really lack the knowledge on how the government really works. They think that since the government has a lot of money due to taxes being paid by the people, some could just ask for it anytime they want. They are not aware of how many processes are involved in making a country stable, which the Philippines has not been.
You are really a smart lady I hope many people out there with the same understanding as you do for your country to move on. You know I have even heard rumors that somebody in your place is asking one unit on every building constructed for free prior to approval of a building permit. I don't think so it is true.
@ARIES1973 (9441)
• Legaspi, Philippines
Personally, I am not amenable of this program. This program is most often than not being abused by some people whether those in authorities and even beneficiaries. For me it would be much better if the government would implement livelihood projects rather than giving this subsidy which would only promote laziness and being dependent on what the government can give. Have a nice day!
Thank for your ideas, short but commendable I hope somebody on authority can read your recommendations.
@joliefille (3697)
Deplorable. I remember a boss in a former job 6 years ago. She gave us all the chance to speak with her one on one. She's American and loved staying in the country for many reasons. She told me that she has never seen a country whose imports are people. Couldn't agree more.
Yeah that's true so the government must think double time to spend the dollars they earned in the Philippines and don't submit to people who are less educated and lack true knowledge of the proper way to invest and only want to go to the street and organized a rally. It is a common knowledge that most leaders of rallies become richer and celebrities unmindful of their members who are struggling for life and left behind I think the Government must concentrate of what work to be done for the people to accomplish at the end of everyday
@subhojit10 (7384)
Thanks a ton for sharing this discussion. Well that is absolutely great to hear about the scheme and no matter how poorer that country is, it is taking care of all of its citizens which is great thing. This does not happen even in rich countries so it is a lesson as well as an eyeopener for them for sure. What say?
But I am thinking the other way the pantawid gutom program was freely given, will this kind of project inspire corruption. Why not hire them to work on a project for them to be beneficial on their localities, let us say trre planting, caring for the aged and if not cleaning the canals. Subsidy in gas is not viable for me, for many can witness drivers are keep running without passengers a waste of gas If subsidy is provided they can even use it to their advantage. Now the street in the Philippines are full of no permit vehicles grossly advantageous to the legal one, and paying piously their permit.