..thank god we were not there at the stampede...

Hey guys, I had been to Allahabad for Kumbh Mela fair with my parents and to my shock i got to know that around 4 crore people had come to take a dip in the sacred Ganges river. We successfully took a dip in the Ganges and we had our train at 11.30pm at night, so we went to the station at 9pm. on reaching there, my eyes were left open to see such a huge crowd that there was not a single place to move also. people were seen sleeping on the ground, luggage here and there, passengers rushing huffing and puffing and i got very nervous as i had never seen so many people at one place. It was very crowded and i thought i would get lost in that crowd. such was the crowd that trains were delayed and thankfully our train was delayed for an hour only otherwise other trains were delayed for 4 or 5 or even 12 hours. after boarding the train, we started getting calls and we were inquired whether we were safe or not. we were confused as we could not understand what we were being asked like this. we were informed that there was a stampede at the station. a footover bridge at the station fell down and may people were killed due to which there was a stampede also at around 8pm. Thank god, we came to the station at around 9pm. It was such a horrifying experience that day. what are your thoughts on this guys? Have u ever experienced or seen a stampede in front of your eyes? Please do share your thoughts!
@SHAMRACK (8384)
Dear friend, I feel God had saved for you and your family lifes. My neiborgs were there they also heard this new then they came to their room. It was really pity to hear this, I am just thinking of those people who had lost their beloved one in this stampede. Wished no more such incidents happen again.[
Thanks a ton for sharing your valuable response. Yes u are absolutely right, we were indeed lucky to have not been at that place, we reached an hour later by the time this incident had occurred. even i felt bad whenever i got to know about this incident as many innocent lives were lost and they must have come with many promises as well. hope so this is not repeated again. What say?
@SHAMRACK (8384)
Dear friend Thank for the BR.....
That's Ok my friend. U deserved it friend. I have always appreciated the good responses given on my discussion and u were one of them. Keep responding. Thank u so much again.
@jenny1015 (13390)
Thank God I have never been in that situation. And i sometimes worry about it , too. What if that happens and I am with my son. I'd be really be afraid of what might happen to him.
Thanks a ton for sharing your valuable response. Yes u are absolutely right, it is indeed scary and even i felt bad for those people who lost their lives due to this situation. I do not know how to react on this as this can happen anytime every time there is a huge gathering and that is the reason why i avoid visiting crowded areas. What say?
@sishy7 (27667)
No, I've never experienced it myself. I only read about such things and that seemed really scary. It could happen where a huge number of people are gathering for pilgrimage and other major events such as sports, concerts, or political proceedings.
Thanks a ton for sharing your valuable response. Yes u are absolutely right, such incidents are really scary to see and hear as well. and as u said wherever the gatherings are large these type of incidents are bound to happen. most importantly whenever there is a huge gathering officials should brace up to handle the crowd otherwise people would go berserk. What say?