Court tv

@ctryhnny (3463)
There are so many court tv programs on these days and I try to watch most of them. My favorite is In Session because you can follow a case from beginning to end. Judge Judy is a riot and I love watching Judge Mathis but I don't understand why people would want to air their leagal problems on tv for the world to see. Do you watch court tv programs? Which is your favorite? Would you take your legal problems to tv for everyone to see?
@Arieles (2474)
I do not enjoy these shows nor would I want to air my grievances on public television. I'm sure these people get money for televising and making their cases public. I think the tv industry should come up with some better quality programming. Better yet watch pbs or just turn the tv off.
I like most of them and actually have learned a lot from watching them. I think the cases are interesting and can happen to anyone. I like Judge Alex most of all. I wouldn't mind doing it if it was a simple case. I think it might be fun.
@ctryhnny (3463)
I think Judge Alex is the most serious of all the judges I have watched. I too have learned a lot about the law by watching these programs.
He is a bit more serious but he does have some fun on his show. And he is quite a pleasure to look at, if I might add.
I like Judge Judy too because she's tough. It makes me laugh when people come on her show to sue someone with no evidence or proof. How can you leave your documents home and expect to win a case? Other members of my family dislike her show because she's too sarcastic but I love it. I also like America's Court with Judge Ross and People's Court. I don't get to watch them often but when I do, they're enjoyable.
@ctryhnny (3463)
Judge Judy is hilarious and I wouldn't want to have to be in her court. I love it when she asks people who come unprepared if they have ever watched her show! If they did they would know what they need to bring to prove their cases.
@burrito88 (2779)
I think there are too many court TV shows. It seems like there's at least one on at least one channel in every time slot during the day. When you ask why do people go on shows like this, perhaps the shows work like the original People's Court. In those cases, when a judgement was made for one of the parties, the show paid the person, not the other party. Judges have certain jurisdictions they operate in. These TV shows employ FORMER judges and they really have no authority to enforce their decisions the way that appointed judges can. They may be paying the people in the same way as the People's Court. Also why do people go on these shows to air their problems? Why do people go on shows like Jerry Springer?
@ctryhnny (3463)
Jerry Springer! I have no idea why people go on that show but considering the way they are it's understandable. They have no class.
Do people really watch such rubbish? I guess they must, since these shows are still on. If I was that interested in law, I would have finished my law degree (and, yes, I did spend some time in a J.D. program). I wouldn't sit around watching rubbish "legal" shows.
@ctryhnny (3463)
When your bored out of your mind you will watch anything that comes on tv. It's still pretty snowy and slippery outside so I'm not going out there just yet. Everyone has a right to their opinion and if you don't like the programs don't watch them!
@wolfie34 (26792)
Court tv, hmmm sore subject my dad watches Judge Judy every single day, day in, day out, mind you that's all he does from the moment he gets up to the moment he goes to bed is watch television, he loves Judge Judy and he will watch it over and over again, even though he's already seen a particular case he will still watch it! I like Law and Order which usually features a court case towards the end of the episode but it's fiction, not fact which you see on these court cases. And they all seem to be American.
@vernaC (1493)
We have something like this in Philippines too and I like it because sometimes it's funny, sometimes it's touching but most of all I'm learning about laws. It's better than drama series because it's more real.
@blackrusty (3530)
• Mexico
judge judy is mine