Do you lift weights?

@Jargoness (1193)
Israel
If yes, why? Is it an activity you enjoy or you simply want to build more muscle? How many repetitions and what exercises in particular do you make? I kind of like it, though it's not my favorite activity. Myself, I'd like to be stronger, that's why I do it.
@cupkitties (6689)
The original intent was to gain better muscle strength to help my father in his shop. He has gotten pretty old, has had back problems for years and knees are getting worse all the time. His job is to fix cars and as any mechanic knows, this often require moving and lifting some very heavy items. A lot of that stuff is impossible for me because I'm so small and umm pathetically puny. I do have some strongness (is that word? Oh well, it is now.) , but its not enough an its in a rather sorry state. Sometimes a few of Dads co-workers come to help him, but can't always make it here. He is talking about knee surgery very soon though and then there won't be any more working in the shop. So for now it is for both the things you asked, both for enjoyment because it brings up my mood and because I'm also getting older like my dad and need to keep in better shape. As far as reps go, that's 20 maybe a little less if my body is fussing too much at me.
@Jargoness (1193)
• Israel
You're 36 I read, far from getting "older" I am pretty small as well and that's one of the things I don't really like much about my body, because it's very hard to strengthen it. I know I look defenceless (I am not, thanks to martial arts) and it bothers me a lot. How much are you able to lift? I forgot to ask it in my main post. I'm sorry about your father, back and especially knees problems are awful; I hope the knee surgery goes well. Even if he won't able to work in his shop he'll hopefully feel better without the constant pain.
Thanks, Jargoness. I'm sure he will. Currently I'm able to lift a little over 110 lbs on my own.
@Jargoness (1193)
• Israel
Wow. Wow. I'm speechless.
@pals101 (2011)
I don't do it anymore, I am more now to getting slim. Although I do it last 3 years ago, which made me big now, I think I prefer getting in shape by running exercises.
@Jargoness (1193)
• Israel
Running exercises are good because they make you more agile and reinforce your legs. They're also great to burn some fat. That said, I really hate running XD
@pals101 (2011)
You will only hate it at first but once you make it a routine at least twice a week. Then you will surely enjoy, especially if you have friends or love ones together with you. Its the best way to lose weight.
I workout atleast 5-6 days a week and atleast 3 of those days Include some weight training. Weight training isn't always that fun for me but as I see it it's very important. I'm trying to lose about 25 more pounds so to do so gaining some muscle is important to help burn the fat.
@Jargoness (1193)
• Israel
What weight exercises do you do? Curls? Squats?
I do not lift weights, I like to be strong one but I am female and I do not know how to make myself strong.
@Jargoness (1193)
• Israel
I'm a female too :) Lifting weight, doing martial arts or defence courses is a good way to make yourself strong.