Doesn't sound good

@911Ricki (13602)
I went over to let my cousins dogs out, and to walk them. I just happened to walk out when her landlord was coming up, they recognized the dogs. She was asking where my cousin was, I said how she was on vacation and I am babysitting coming in 3 -4 times a day to feed them, checkup, and walk them. Well many other tenants have been complaining, after hearing the way that building is they all should be evicted, I would stab my eyes out with the rucess those people make. She goes well tell her I need to talk to her, I said sure she wont be back tomorrow. The landlord was saaying how the dogs bark at night, I told her I don't mind staying overnight, but she said the dogs would be fine. She goes well it's not just now, it's been awhile. I said well I will tell her when she gets home, the landlord goes we will let it slide for this week then. Her landlord walks by and goes to her husband (assuming they are husband and wife landlord), we cant legally give her the papers. I walk off, I don't get in the middle of this but sounds like she is getting evicted, this is why I don't want to rent because of the other ignorent people around.
@Blondie2222 (21812)
Sorry to hear about your cousin but if they allow pets in the building then people shouldn't care. And I don't see why she would be getting evicted unless there's more to it and your sister didn't explain everything to you? Hope things turn out ok for her.
@Blondie2222 (21812)
I meant cousin not sister sorry
@911Ricki (13602)
By law they can't not allow pets, they passed a law a few years ago. She never mentioned it, I guess they haven't said anything until now.
A law might have been passed but there is a grandfather clause for anyone that is already a pet owner. No new renters can come in with pets, but if you already have a pet you can keep your pet.
if she is stupid enough to put a dog before her roof than she needs to get out and let someone else have the place who will be more quiet about their house living. I am so glad my building don't allow pets here. they can cause damage to ones place not to mention the stink that comes from pets. apartments deserve better than that. People live too close to thier neighbors to be disturbed with a barking dog.
@911Ricki (13602)
I would never live near you period, people like you are. I would never rent, I guarenteee its the idiots with kids, or the lady blaring her music. I would be reporting them, I was sitting in her apartment the place was silence, the kid downstairs was screaming, I could hear him like he was vbeside me, the lady next door was vblaring music I had to go home because I had a headache. i will never rent, because I know I would end up beating the sh*t out of people like you in the end. The dogs are fine, I have heard them once bark and that is when I was walking in the apartment which is completely normal. They don't have consideration for the other tenents why should she. I would pack up and move if I was in this situation, and report all the ones in the building who cause the problem, and interupt me.
@kprofgames (3018)
That doesn't seem right. They are being cared for, maybe they are barking at night because they miss your cousin but as you said the apartment complex is full of noise. I wonder if she is locked into a lease and they feel they can evict her to get a higher rent from a new renter. That actually happened to a person I know who had cats. They used the excuse that the cats were damaging the place to evict her. I hope there isn't any other underlying problem there but to approach you that way I think was uncalled for. Can you warn your cousin? Sounds like she won't have a happy return from her vacation.
@Raine38 (9117)
Well, that is the side of the landlords, but I am sure that there are two sides to the story. And I think you are right in not getting involved in this. She may be your cousin but she definitely knows more about what is going on than you do. Sometimes, people will use anything or everything just to kick someone out. Noisy dogs, dirty tenants, smoking, etc etc. Sometimes they have a point though but there's this thing we call compromise. If they don't really allow dogs in the apartments then they shouldn't have rented out to your cousin in the first place. I guess there's nothing much you can do about the situation now but do what you are requested to do.
@mariaperalta (19096)
• Mexico
sorry to hear that, another reason why it may be to many animals in one apartment. Hope it works out for her there.
@911Ricki (13602)
I would not rent with dogs, or animals, I locked her door, and will be going back later to check on them, and going early tomorrow as well. I dont trust anyone in that building now. The fact some kid downstairs was screaming so loud, and the neighbour was blaring her music, yet they complain of a feww barks.
• Mexico
Problem is big dogs need places to run and play. But maybe they are just barking now as shes gone at night.
@911Ricki (13602)
I think that is all she is, they were saying they only bark when noone is there.
I have to say that it doesn't really sound to me like she is going to be evicted from her apartment. However, it does sound to me like she is going to be getting a talking to from the landlord and there might be a chance that the dogs will be evicted. I know of several times that I've had friends that rent their homes and they will end up having their pets evicted because of noise, but the tenants are welcome to stay as long as they are quiet. In fact, this is the reason that my mother has our friend Doug's dog, Zoe at our house. In fact, we've had Zoe over there for several years now because she was evicted from the apartment.
@911Ricki (13602)
I couldn't see my cousin allowng that, she would be up and gone. I think there has been issues in the past, as she's had said she wanted to move.
@barehugs (8986)
Is there anyone here who enjoys dogs barking at night? I sure don't and I don't know anyone who does! Do You? So I thank God I don't have to live in an apartment next to a roomful of night barking dogs. I'd just get up so tight I Might Not be able to control myself! ( I must be one of those, "Ignorant people around!")
@911Ricki (13602)
I wouldn't live in an apartment either, with the rude neighbours loud music, adn tv or the kid screaming his head off. I would tell them to shut the stupid kid up first, now I don;t agree with the dogs barking. But I sat in the stair well for 3 hours online, not once did they bark. The only time they have barked is when I had gone in the apartment, I also saw the stupid kid downstairs run up and knock on the door, and run downstairs. It's none of my business as it's not my apartment, and I am petsitting. I told the landlord the situation. I wouldn't have 3 large dogs in an apartment either, not because of the rude ignorent tenants, but because I would feel so confined, and well irritated by the other idiots in the building.
They orobably will evict her if her animals are making noise, causing a disturbance to other renters at night. We can't have any animals at all. SIL's mom owns this house. SIL's intention is to buy this house, but until he does own it we can't have a pup or any animal.
@911Ricki (13602)
Here it's illegal to refuse renting to those with animals. I can see the point, but they should tell the kid downstairs to shut his mouth. I was playing with the dogs, and all I heard was this stupid kid. I was ready to go knock his head off. I would never rent like this, I would probably end up punching someone with 24 hours of living there.
@cutepenguin (6457)
A lot of people have no problem at all complaining when they only have to look at themselves to see a big part of the problem. Too bad they can't see this. Renting with pets is not an easy thing to do. I rent, but the building I am in is pretty nice. It's not very old, and most of the people who live here are friendly. No one has pets - there is another building nearby that is pet-friendly, this is a kid-friendly building though. And the neighbours are nice.