Why Is MAXIM Magazine "Obsessed" with Sports-Stars' So-So Girlfriends?

@mythociate (15351)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
February 21, 2013 7:50am CST
First it was What's-Her-Name, girlfriend of (Olympic swimmer? I didn't watch the Olympics) Michael Phelps. Now it's Elin Nordgren, the woman whom golfer Tiger Woods cheated-on (for obvious reasons ... (she's probably not "ugly" (MAXIM caught a shot of her on the beach---in a bikini, but in sunglasses & a hat---making her about as attractive as ANY woman 'in a bikini') but---c`mon, he's Tiger Woods! & Elin's just one radiant beautiful color of the radiant beautiful RAINBOW ... (and besides, a man--like Ron "Tater Salad" White says of himself--is "a good dog, but--if you don't pet him ever` once in a while--you can't trust him to stay under the porch!") Sure, it's only TWO sports-stars' girlfriends (that I can remember, so-far), but is this MAXIM Magazine's way of subliminally convincing young men that 'it's okay if you're girlfriend isn't up to the "pin-up girl"-standard to which most of their featured females are held'? that '"successful" men DON'T CARE whether their girlfriends are the most-ideal women or not'? What's the root of MAXIM's obsession?
2 responses
@Adoniah (7515)
• United States
22 Feb 13
Remember that 50% of the people are of average or less IQ... They seem to like the stupid stuff instead of trying to improve their minds...
@mythociate (15351)
• Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
22 Feb 13
What "stupid stuff"?
• United States
23 Feb 13
99% of that magazine is 'stupid stuff'..I hate to sound mean but that magazine seems to be for lewd, childish, pervy men who eat doritos, play xbox and have playboy stashes that date back to the 90s...the other 1% of stuff in there is informative. I got good drink recipes and ideas for parties and for some reason, my son is fascinated with it..I usually have to take it from him though..
@MissBlack (357)
• United States
23 Feb 13
I actually thought their fixation was more like skinny girls with no figure (maybe a little extra boob) in underwear and bikinis. I never seen too many women with actual clothes on in that magazine.
@mythociate (15351)
• Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
24 Feb 13
Maybe the editors are trying to help today's young men turn their worlds into a 'late-80's dude's-paradise'