What do you like about where you live?

I like a few things about where I live and one would be walking distance to my family. everyone is within blocks of my house. in the summer we meet up on a corner and go to the shopping center a block from my house. we come to my house for a while and hang out. this summer I am sure we will be all hanging out at my moms. I love my building because it is clean and fresh all the time. security does not let just anyone in the building. if he see you waiting to get in and walk in after someone uses a key. he goes to you and make you leave the building and ring the bell to the person your looking for. I like the wash room because I always get a machine that I like to use. it is always clean there as well. the best thing about my house is the wall sized window that allows me to see all over the world and at night it just looks great with all the city lights on. I am above most buildings in the area.
@rosekiss (30260)
• Eugene, Oregon
I like where i live, as it is quiet, and i don't have to go far to shop like walmart, however, it is to far to walk, but not that far to drive. I lived in my house for 6 years next month, and like i said it is a nice neighborhood. Everyone keeps to themselves pretty much, but what I likd the most is I have nice places to walk my dogs on days when the weather is sunny and warm. i don't live all that fr from the dog park, bank and other shopping places. It might not be my dream home, but it is mine as i live alone, and no one can claim it but me. Take care, and have a good day.
I like where I live too. It's 3 miles to Ingles where we shop. It's also less than 5 miles to go to Super Walmart.
@asliah (11148)
the most i like about where i live is they know me well so even i go home in very late of the evening even dawn no one will harm me or no one do bad something to me because i know them where they live and their personality too.so i am not afraid to go home so late at night.
We live at the end of a court, so that means that we don't have a lot of traffic on our street. I would have to say that is my favorite thing about where I live because it does mean that my children are able to go outside and ride their bikes and I really don't have to worry about them getting hit by a car. Another thing that I really like about our house is the fact that we live on a wooded lot, so during the summertime it does mean that it feels like we are in relative privacy. The last thing that I really like about where we live is the fact that we are close enough to both my family and my husband's family that we can go visit them whenever we want, but we are not constantly up their butts.
@Hence27 (450)
The place where I live is a neat and clean locality which is just a stones throw away from the market.Despite being so close to the crowded market it is extremely peaceful.There is a large ground just in front of my house.You will see kids playing football and cricket there.Everything you need in your daily life is just round the corner.I mean,the market,the bookstores,the hospital,a couple of temples,a primary school,the postoffice,four cybercafes,five or six restaurants- everything you can't do without.The most important thing I love here is that it is a clean,safe and peaceful place.
@winterose (39918)
I love my evergreen trees in front of my living room and bedroom window. I can't think of anything else, lol
Hello a very good morning to you Giftsandbags , as many people i aslo like the my birth place and the place where i live in childhood. we all are always loved that place no doubt . but there is something good and also some bad experience with us . i am live in india in biahr at gaya town. that is small town. but i love my city. due to i have many memorial moment with it's .
I live in the heart of our city. It is a perfect blend of commercial and residential units. I like the fact that the market is just a stone's throw away from my place and within 2 km radius of my home, you can actually shop for and buy anything, like anything. Also this place is well connected to other parts of the city through public transport. It is safe and secure. Post office, hospital, railway station, police station, schools, and playing grounds are suitably located around my place. Sometimes I wonder, I must be lucky to be living here.
@lkbooi (16101)
I like living in a land house where I can grow veggies and fruits trees as well as flower plants in the compound. Although the compound is not that big it's enough for me to grow my favorite veggies plants. We have two rambutan trees that would bear fruits once or twice yearly. Friends and neighbors would come and share the juicy fruits during fruits season The market is near to our house. It's only a 3 minutes walking distance to reach the destination. The market is busy and crowded with people in the morning. My husband and I like having breakfast together with some of our friends in the food stall there. There are various types of delicious local food available there. I have a part time work near to my house as well. Other than many groceries near the market. A hypermarket is located quite near us as well. We just need few minutes to drive there. There is a restaurant famous with their yummy seafood is next to the market. In the early evening many people come to enjoy their seafood there. I would like to entertain my relatives and friends with the delicious dishes when they visit us
@bjc66bjc (6745)
Yes I do like where I live..I tell you your building is very very nice but the streets are scary...so many days and nights of crime...and being on the 7th floor does allow you to see much of surroundings cities and towns but I am positive you can't see all over the world... like Sarah Palin seeing Russia from Alaska..LOL
@hotsummer (10449)
You have a very nice home out there. I have been wishing to have a place like that where everything is near my place like going to the park, to the mall and just near friends house. Where everything is indeed just walking distance from my home but that is just totally the opposite. But I do try to stop thinking what I don't have in my place but I am trying to make my home much better place than it is.
@mariaperalta (19094)
• Mexico
I like my home the best here. Wish I could pick it up and move it to the usa with me. Thats the only thing here for me. All the family memories.
@MissBlack (357)
The only thing that I like about where I live is that literally everything we need is within three blocks in all four directions. My son's school is right up the street, his doctor is the other way. My best friend is around the corner. It's very convenient here but the only part I hate is living on the third floor of a not-so secure building. Thank god for nosy neighbors though because if something happens, they are usually first on the scene to do something...
@chiyosan (30206)
I can share quite a lot of things that I love about where we live. I love this place because we live near my workplace. I love that it is a convenient place to find ride, taxi and jeep as well as bus just by walking a few minutes to where they pass by. I love the place because it is a good neighborhood, with a lot of friendly people around, and familiar faces you see when you walk the street. It is also a very safe place even if you need to come home later at night. There is always a person Manning a post, and the Street lights were all maintained so the street is light up pretty well. I like our building too, it's pretty decent and it looked like a private home and not a building with apartments for rent. There is also a caretaker who is nice and always gives or keeps our bill, and gives it to us whenever needed. When you forget your keys, You can just ring the doorbell and someone will open it for you. The building is well maintained and safe as well because we have a camera at the front door and at every floor entrance. Our next door neighbor is really nice too and the area is clean and peaceful. Never have I heard of someone shouting or fighting.
I like that where we are is convenient to things, but I am not overly fond of the town itself. I dislike the noise levels that are common here for one thing. I want to stay in the region, but I have a few other towns that appeal more to me. They are more in keeping with what I want.
@lelin1123 (15644)
• Puerto Rico
I'm glad you are grateful for the place that you live. I love where I live mainly because of the beautiful weather year round. The temperature gets only as low as maybe 68 at night during the so call winter months. During the day it can be anywhere from 82 to 95. I love it here because I get to grow my own fruits and veggie year round. I love having stores, the bank and post office nearby. It's not walking distance but a very short drive. Its not like when I lived in New Mexico where everything is at least 20 minutes away or more.I just love the peaceful life that GOD has given me here in Puerto Rico. I couldn't ask for anything more.
• Poland
I like my city and my neighborhood because I'm already familiar with it. I know all the places and a lot of people and I have some great memories from here. Sometimes I think that I would like to move somewhere else but I think I would miss this place. I had a short walking distance to the school I was attending that's why I always thought that I'm lucky becouse I live so near that school and I can sleep longer in the morning. Now I don't attend this school anymore and I still like this place without any reason.
@ARIES1973 (9539)
• Legaspi, Philippines
We live in a rural area in our country. One of the things that I like about the place aside from the fact that my family is here is that we are far from the pollution in the city. We also don't have to deal with heavy traffic. Have a nice day!
You must be in a high rise? I'm glad you are happy. I love where I live. We have a very big home. It has a spare bedroom so we can have a guest overnight or whatever. I love our house and the road is in good shape. It's great to walk around the block. I don't live in a big city like you do. I am glad too because I like the small town feel here. Nobody bothers us and we don't bother anyone. We speak and I help the neighbor's chihuahua get home when he crosses the road to yap at me. He's so funny. I really don't know how to make friends with my neighbors. We are all just quiet but I do look out for my neighbors dog like I said. I would be devastated if I found him hit by a car.