I was reprimanded.

@pahak627 (4198)
It's not that I wanted to ask some advice or something. I just want to release what I really felt during the time when I was reprimanded by the highest officer in our station. I was summoned by him thru their messenger and when I was already at his office, he immediately reprimanded me for my subordinate's error. His position in our monthly report was typed as Acting and he was so angry with it. I admitted that I was mistaken because I haven't noticed the mistakes when I signed the report. I apologized but still he continued reprimanding me while I continued my explanation. Then after that, he told me just to correct the entries and I have to bring back the paper to him so that he will sign the rest of the report. When I came back he told me that everything is okay and I was already forgiven then we talked about other things before I went out of his office.
One thing that shouldn't be mistaken is the designation of the person specially those with high ranks. It is okay if it was an ordinary position mistaken for a high position. But the mistake seemed a demotion it would surely irk the concerned. Well at least, he is one person who doesn't stay angry long. After he has blurted out his sentiments he is back to normal. That's how it is with my boss too. And i am like her too.
@pahak627 (4198)
I agree with you. I learned from the mistake that I made that we should always be very extra careful in all that we do. There are really times that we can commit errors thru our negligence. We just know them whenever our attention are called.
But at least we learn from our mistakes, my friend.
@pahak627 (4198)
Yes, you are right. It's one of the best way to learn as we are careful not to commit those mistakes again.
@ARIES1973 (9530)
• Legaspi, Philippines
There are also times that I am not so sure about the position of some higher authorities in the office, so what I would do is that if ever I would make a mistake, the one that is favorable to them. Have a nice day!
@pahak627 (4198)
That's a good idea. Over here, we only work in a small building with 7 separate offices and almost everybody knows everybody. Maybe this is the reason why our highest official reacted so much.
@ARIES1973 (9530)
• Legaspi, Philippines
Just be more careful next time. Have a blessed Sunday!
@pahak627 (4198)
Yes, I have to be careful and I'm doing it now. I am trying to avoid commiting mistakes.
@KrauseHome (34678)
Well, there are a lot of times especially with all the added stress people are placed in, especially when in higher positions anymore, that it is hard to always know what to expect. So many times it keeps everyone on pins and needles. So you need to just relax and try to do things as expected, and hope when things are not the best that he will be more understanding instead of wanting to jump on you all the time.
@pahak627 (4198)
I agree with you and I know he understands us. Anyway, I haven't gone to him since the incident. He is in another division, it just so happened that he is the highest official in our building. I am not under him directly.
@KrauseHome (34678)
Maybe he did not mean it directly for you, but for everyone, and just aimed it mostly at you. I know this happens from time to time places and it can be frustrating.
@julyteen (13261)
• Davao, Philippines
It's normally happened you cared on it. Sometimes we mislook some figures on our report specially if related to accounting. Don't bother yourself to the things did by your superior. I cannot resist myself to give reprimand to my staff if something mistakes happened but after the dispute forget all those things and go on with your respective work assignments. Mistakes is a learning tool, I learn that one from my superior.
@pahak627 (4198)
I agree with you. That incident was already over and I am done with it already. What I'm doing now is that best that I can do to avoid more mistakes that may cause me to be reprimanded.
@julyteen (13261)
• Davao, Philippines
That's the only thing you can do. I mean show to your boss, it happen once but not will happen again
Some people are not people friendly and he could have treated you better than he did. It was also nice that you just stood there and kept your composure I know I would not be so easy like that. great for you.
@pahak627 (4198)
I was really shocked when I entered his office he immediately start his litany. Bu
@pahak627 (4198)
I was shocked when I entered his office because he immediately started his litany but after a few seconds I recovered my composure. I didn't really expect that incident to happen. Thanks God it was over.
@cttolledo (4019)
• Batangas, Philippines
It happened sometimes in our office but not much reaction unlike happened to you..Anyway any mistake can be corrected and that incident will serve as lesson to be more cautious next time.
@pahak627 (4198)
Each person is unique and not everybody would react as what I had experienced. I always observe some high officials in our building who don't take it too much if their positions are mistakenly typed. Anyway, you're right, it served as a lesson to be more cautious.
@laydee (12815)
I think it was just his pride talking that time. There are those who take too much pride on their positions and names that they'd immediately blow steam when it's not properly written. I think he went overboard with it - it was just a mis-type, there wasn't anything wrong with the report. But perhaps he was having a bad day and needed to blow off steam - still, it was very immature of him. It's good that you're not taking it too much at heart. Just remember that no stress is worth a wrinkle. And always remember you're there to earn. So anything like these sorts (as long as there's no physical abuse and downgrading verbal abuse) just let it pass the other ear. Have a great mylot experience ahead!
@pahak627 (4198)
When it comes to stress, I don't really take it too much at heart. This problem is just minimal and can be dealt without stressing ourselves. I like to have a wrinkle free face. LOL. Honestly, I had nothing against him I admitted that it was my mistake. Good for him he listened to my explanation.
@jearl02 (211)
There are possible reasons why he reprimanded you immediately without listening to your explanations. Maybe he has been exhausted by the many tasks that he faced that day or on the previous days. Or maybe he is experiencing some problems at home. We all come to the point of expressing whatever comes to our mind when we become so stressed or so exhausted. Maybe you just need to release whatever you felt that time and let it go. Just don't feel anything bad against your officer since everything has been OK.
@pahak627 (4198)
I guess so. Being an executive is not easy he has so any problems at work and at home maybe. It was good that he accepted my explanation.
@Raine38 (9032)
Hmm, well it was an honest mistake. Something that can be prevented but I guess it sort of blew his ego and at the same time, it is really a mistake that was supposed to be checked by the supervisor (you). Anyway, good thing that he's not the kind of boss that drags on the mistake even long before it was done and corrected.
@pahak627 (4198)
You're right it blew his ego. I was confident that i failed to check. Because we just changed the entries in the previous report which was signed by another executive who has the acting capacity.
@chiyosan (29383)
Probably that was because the word acting. He sure was over reacting though . I have made a lot of documents for sign off and they weren't perfect because some positions I get from their direct peers were not as accurate. But i have never been reprimanded. I have never seen them so angry for a position. But they do correct me and the document so I just change it. Hehe.
@pahak627 (4198)
Good for you, wish I could also get that treatment like yours. there are really people who over-react on incidents like what I discussed..
@ram_cv (16516)
:) I think getting people's designations wrong is a very touchy business. Especially the more higher up the person is the more prickly he might feel. I think you did get out of that mess pretty well in the end if he has really forgiven you. Just nurture his goodwill for some time :) Cheers! Ram
@pahak627 (4198)
That is also what I think. Normally, that is really what a high official would feel. I understand his feelings. As far as I know, he has forgiven me and I think it was given to me heartily.