Some people have the nerve to send out trash.

http://www.listia.com/auction/8264387-vera-bradley-purse I won this bag from listia. and I got it today,and the bottom of the bag has black stains like someone would sit the bag down on the floor. The side of the bag and the handles are dirty as well. I took it right down stairs and washed it. nothing came out and the bag is now no good for me to use. Not only did I waste over a thousand points. I had to pay $6.50 to get that load of trash. I requested a refund from the site and have to wait a few days to hear back. I won this exact bag a few weeks ago and it arrived in perfect condition. I was hoping to wear matching bag in the summer. this makes me upset because I would never do this to any hand bag of mine or send out trash to people. how can a woman put her handbag on the floor and take it home and put it all over her house. table,chairs,couch uggh nasty..
Lots of folks don't even think about the microbes they pick up. I mean, I see people set their bags down on the floor in a public restroom. I'm not looking on purpose but I get the shivers when I see people set their bags down on the bathroom floor. Little creepy crawlies all over that bag. And many people use the public toilet and don't even wash their hands! When I use a rest room I hang my bag up on the door hook. I also wipe the cart handles and place where I set my bag when I go shopping. I'm a little OCD like that.
I put my bag there or keep it in my hand while trying not to wet the seat. I don't dare sit on them out in the streets.
hi fellow myloters oh my gosh do not ever put your purse or handbag on that hook as someone tried to steal mine by reaching over the door and grabbing it but I got a good grip on it and yelled my head off. Whoever was trying to steal it let go real quick. I mean I had to stretch up from the toilet seat to grab my bag as someones hand was on one strap and I jerked as I yelled . damn I was still doing my business if you get my drift. Of course I never caught the person attempting to swipe it. I had never thought anyone could reach it but that person did.
Wow! Who woulda thunk that?! Thanks for that warning.
I agree it's a lovely purse but I bet that's why it was "free" not that I know much about that site. A decent person would of mentioned any flaws with the bags or they just assumed because it was free that they didn't need to disclose the condition?
You need to be up front about the condition of stuff you list there.
Actually the person did indeed disclose the condition of the purse and said that it was dirty. Read the description under 'view details'.
I will go there but don't know if I know the place to look for this. thanks.
@blackrusty (3532)
• Mexico
keep on them for replacment or refund
That is the plan and I have to wait a few days to hear from them.
• Mexico
honey we all hate to loose but keep on it
I will because I want my refund for this bag I can't use.
It was wrong to list an item with such an issue without making a note of it in the listing. Hopefully, you do get a refund. You are more obsessive about things than most people. Everyone sets their handbags down in sometimes questionable places. Sometimes, there really isn't a choice. What are you going to do? Keep the thing slung over your shoulder throughout a luncheon or an event? However, handbags can be cleaned.
I Put mine on my lap if I carry one. There would be no reason at all for me put my bag on the floor.
@dragon54u (31339)
What a pretty bag! It's awfully rude to list something that has an obvious flaw like that. I would definitely petition for refund or credit. I've sent you a friend request as I'm interested in Listia. Lots of stuff I have that I can't seem to sell and maybe someone would want them while I can get things I'd like to have. But the site doesn't seem to give much info. So if you'd like to approve me, send me your link and tell me a little something about it, especially the free stuff, shipping, etc.
I will approve you but my pm does not work. the link should be on my profile but I will email it to you if you want. karismasmom@yahoo.com
@LaDeBoheme (1963)
In all honesty, the giver-away said that the purse was dirty in the description and I quote: The purse is in great shape, just needs a good cleaning. and... The bottom corners, and straps are kind of dirty from use That should have been a BIG tip-off. Besides, clean or dirty, you never know where a used purse has been.
I saw that in the description and came here to say basically what you already said. It sounds like the person who listed it tried to describe it accurately. Maybe it would have been better if there were other pictures to show just how dirty the bottom and straps were, but I don't know if Listia even offers that many photo uploads for an item... I get most of my purses used from Goodwill and I won't use them until I've cleaned and disinfected them. Like you've said, even if they look brand new you just don't know where they've been.
Great minds think alike?
Hm... maybe!
People just don't care! It is amazing to me how people are so self serving and rediculous now days. I would be embarrassed to put like something like that out. It should have gone in the trash. They should be ashamed. Too bad you had to be the recipient of such a thing.
She said in her listing the bag had a dirt spot and that bag is so filthy all over the sides and the handles and wear at the edge by the zipper.
That's a shame. I hope you get your money back and all.
I am sure I won't but thank goodness I already have this beautiful bag from another seller.
@911Ricki (13602)
I know many who do this with their bags, if I were to resell it I would say scuff marks, or stains. I don't use purses so I really don;t know what I would look for.
You would not want this bag here sitting on your shoulder.
@911Ricki (13602)
I would proabbly use it if I went on vacation or something. We went bugging and we got all dirty, so an old trashy bag would be nice to protect our things.
@trisha27 (3505)
I wonder how many pictures you are allowed to put on the site? Just cause she did mention it was dirty and needed a good cleaning. Maybe if she would have put the extra pictures on there then you would have known more about how dirty it was. But at least she let you know that it was dirty. But either way, I know if I were going to sell something, I'd try to make sure it was in good condition before selling it. But either way, I hope that you get your money back just stay on top of them about your refund if they allow that. She may say though that she did state in the description how the purse was not in good shape. But good luck either way.
I had to leave her another message because she did not describe this trash as it really is. any one with some class would not carry such a filthy bag. and she had to know nothing would get that dark ground in dirt out. I washed the bag without looking through it. because that is what I normally do. open it and take it right to the wash house. and when I got up stairs in the light and saw the condition of that bag I was like oh hell no.
I am sorry that this has happened to you. It is a pretty bag and I am sure Listia will take your side. I ordered an item over a month ago and never received it (I ordered some train fabric that I wanted to use to make my nephew a pillow). I am disappointed, but I know that it is not listia's fault. I have ordered a couple of other items and never had any issues. I wonder why some people charge for shipping while others do not charge.
Some people don't have the money to ship. I am bidding on a bag tonight with $2 shipping. I don't mind that.
@Blondie2222 (18184)
I'm sorry you had to waste your points and money on a bag that wasn't clean and worthless. Hopefully they will give you a refund because clearly it's not your fault it was theirs. Best of luck.
I am sure willing to try to get them back. I wish there was a way to warn other sellers of peole like this. like on another site I belong to you get a list of buyers and sellers to watch out for.
hi gifts thats horrid and the stains would not come out?. I would keep on them til they refunded your money. I am not familiar with lisita.Is it something I could use or win or something like that? I would love to get a new bag but I am fussy about my handbags. Wow they will lose business if they do things like that. That's just not right at all.
YOu could win all kinds of great stuff. I am about to bid on a purse tonight..
@cupkitties (6703)
They should give you those points back too.
Honestly, every time I've looked at that site I always feel the need for a Hazmat suit. Guess I was right
• St. Cloud, Florida
I sold this one on Listia that was ok except for the white color had faded somewhat. The auction winner loved it. I tried to sell it on FaceBook yard sale groups, regional trading sites, etc. Lots of questions about it, but no sale. Was quite popular on here though.
Authentic vintage Dooney & Bourke all weather leather shoulder bag. White in color Faded to eggshell color with brown trim. A little dirty, could use a cleaning. Otherwise in great shape for its age. 11" inches long, 9" inches tall. Adjustable strap, solid
@hotsummer (10308)
Are the free stuff here mostly used items. Wish we have done website like that locally to get done free items even used items as long it's still usable.
Ugh! Hope you get your refund! I don't do listia, but I do give away stuff on Freecycle. And even though people know the stuff is used and that they're taking it for free, I will always be honest and post the condition that it's in. That person should have said that purse was dirty in a few areas - no one can really tell in a photo.