…calm venting

I guess this is the second time I am getting odds with my co-worker. I am quite new on the job and she served for six months now. We have the same job description and we do have to check with each other in doing our job. In my first mistake, I accidentally contact a client of hers and made the grave error doing what she previously done. In that respect, I placed the blame on myself because I missed some steps in doing my job. I also felt quite annoyed that she lamented that her reputation is being ruined. I had to control myself form sending a smart and sarcastic retort. Before the week was out, I was told by my boss that I need to find more clients for an item that he wants to move move. This was mentioned in one of my mylot posts. So, I did his bidding, got another client and thankfully keeping the one I was in contact. I did some requests for my boss and I was so happy that the weekend was near. I got into another mess which thankfully my boss sorted for me. I was also organizing my brother drinking party and a lot of things that needed to be attended offline. Laos, it’s a good time to drink the stress away with time to get sober. My colleague also works on weekends (and I do also sometimes) and she submitted on one of my clients. I haven’t updated my email since I was so busy off the computer. Then, she felt quite frustrated at me because I haven’t bothered to register that client when I contacted him. I admit that was my mistake but I often don’t enter a client if they don’t seem promising or if they will just not respond. Mistake on my part but most clients don’t even bothered with an email saying they are not interested as soon as they received my inquiry. I am not angry with my co-worker since I do have some share of the blame but I hate this feeling that she inflates these small mistakes. Yes, they have the potential to be headaches but I guess I am allowed to do some small mistakes. It’s part of learning the job and adapting myself to the work. In addition, I am willing to bet that she does some shortcuts as well. I checked the register and she doesn’t fulfill every aspect of the job in registering (no new entries from her). I am betting the she and I am doing the same modus (only registering when there is a good feedback). So what makes me different? I’m trying to learn how to deal with her but I think being older and longer in the position only gives her a slight edge. I’ll give her that. But hanging the experience she had with the girl I replaced isn’t going to work anymore. If I remember her story right, the girl I replaced was worse than I am doing right now.
@Raine38 (9032)
Well, maybe she is feeling a bit superior just because she's months ahead of you in terms of tenure. Why don't you give her that? Try to make her feel that since she knows more than you do, will it be okay if she checks your work and you ask her the basics? Feed her ego a bit. Be friendly to her and make her feel that you are not an enemy, you're co-workers and that you both aim for the company's success. Then once you already get the hang of everything, you can start your own strategy to do a better job.
I am still begin cordial to her. I give that to her as a person and as a person who already know most of the ropes. Pointing out mistakes is a gesture that I appreciate but not with a condescending tone implied on me. I tihnk I already have my own method to work but I still do some slip-ups that I needed to cover.
@gary23 (425)
Well everyone can make a mistake.So you can too. Try to check your mistakes so that you don't do them again. And as for your colleague, there are some people like her in every office who consider irritating others as a good policy. Try not to be bothered by her.
I try, believe me.