What can I do with these floors.....

about 5 days ago adrain cleaned up the living room. and then I came out to exercise and slid on the floor. kay came over shortly after and fell because she slid on the floor. he said he did nothing but clean the living room. then about three days ago I slid again and decided to mop the floor thinking something was on it. so,last night I slid and fell and hurt my knee. then this morning I soaked the mop for about ten minutes in clorox. Then I rinsed the mop and rung it out and mopped the house. and then I said,let me change socks in case something is on them. well,the problem is the floors themselves are to slippery. I just got up and almost fell again. I can't understand what I could do now. I don't want to fall and break something, there is no wax on my floors either. I think I am going to hurt myself on the floor if something does not work for me.
@mentalward (14697)
It sounds like you're going to have to wear nothing at all on your feet or at least get those slipper socks that have small rubber dots or lines on the soles, made specifically to prevent slipping. They give you really cheap ones when you stay in a hospital. I know that Walmart sells these slipper socks that look just like regular socks except they're thick and have the rubber things on the soles. I'm sure you could pick them up in other stores, too. I'm aware of some product, probably sold in craft stores, that sell this stuff that you can put on the bottoms of your own socks because some people like to knit slipper socks, then put that stuff on them. It's a liquid rubber stuff although I have no idea what it's called. I'd just go out and buy a few pairs of the slipper socks from Walmart or a dollar store. It's either that or wear rubber-soled shoes all the time. I'd get the slipper socks because I HATE wearing shoes all the time.
I can't wear my sneakers around my house. when I come in the house I take them off at the door. I will find those socks at the store near my house. thanks.
If this never happened before then it's whatever he used to clean the floors with. You can try a cup of vinegar with a gallon of water. The vinegar cuts through the floor cleaner and since it's diluted, shouldn't hurt the floor at all. You can try it in one small section to make sure, but it shouldn't damage anything. Are you sure no wax was used in with the floor cleaner? You certainly can't keep falling like that, or if you have company over, somone is going to really hurt themselves and I know you don't want that to happen.
No I would not want anyone to come here and fall down and hurt themselves. I would be so upset.
Is this the first time it happened? I know you don't want anyone to fall and I don't want to hear about you falling either, or your daughter....just that thought is upsetting. Try the vinegar and hopefully it will help.
Yes,I don't know what the problem is. I will mop it before I go to bed. thanks.
@blackrusty (3532)
• Mexico
it helps if you say what type of floor it is ie wood tile ect
white tiles floors thanks
• Mexico
ok if you take a little ajax and what every you clean the floor with mix it and srub it will break the shine of the slide but the bad part is with the ajax or comment you will have to mop the floors a few times till you get the film up your other op is amionia
I would get in trouble if I ruin this floor with that or amonia .it would strip what ever they put down. and the filth would show up big time.
gifts it does really sound like you have some sort of polish on the floors that makes them slippery. wow that is dangerous.Ask him if he did not wax the floors? Mopping ought to stop that but evidently it did not. You will need some skid proof shoes I guess. thats really odd.Al;so water spilled and not seen can cause a really bad fall.. A cup of coffee sp illedon a brown tile floor highly waxed and buffed caused me to fall and injure my right knee. A thought ask the manager about the floors or call a place like Lows and ask about slippery floors and how to make them skid proof. this is really a serious matter.
The super will be here tomorrow about my stove. I will ask him what could be on this floor.
Oh that's pretty dangerous. I don't want to hear that you're in the orthopedic because of your slippery floor. I also have tiled floors and they do get to slippery whenever my husband mop them even without clorox. Now what I do is wear rubber slippers inside the house so I won't slid. The socks that one of the lotters suggested also works. Keep safe my dear.
Oops! I mean, "...so I will not slip on the floor.
@winterose (39922)
maybe you can carpet them.
@MoonGypsy (4613)
maybe you could put an area carpet on the floor. it doesn't have to cover the whole kitchen area, just enough so you could walk across the floor without slipping.
@911Ricki (13602)
I get socks with these grips from teh dollar store, absolutely love them. I always have the cheap flooring, so I don't slide.