Some people have no idea

There are some people I know who are always complaining they have no money and life is just so unfair to them. They can't afford to pay the bills, woe is them, blah blah blah. Ok, I say the same things myself, but I am trying really hard to get a job, and I have 3 kids to feed and a mortgage to pay, and I am genuinely living without luxuries, and at times without necessities. This is, quite simply, my life. I deal with it. The people I am talking about go out drinking every weekend, dress themselves (and those who have them, their babies) in designer labels, buy things they don't need - then complain they can't afford to live on what they have. They should try living on a budget like mine, maybe they would be more grateful for what they have.
This really is something that drives me nuts. I mean most of the people that I hear talking about their financial struggles always do seem to have a lot more than our family has. I mean we do have a house and a couple of cars, but there have been times that we've had no money to buy food and there have been times that we've been in danger of losing our house. We don't have a lot of luxuries and yet I have to say that I see people that get government assistance that have much nicer cars than we have and even live in nicer areas, how does it work out that way?
I agree with you my cute smile friend dorannmwin really lots of people has no money for food. When I visited in deaf and mute school really our tears are came when saw them they cant say anything even they have problem their teacher also not treat properly if some gifts gives for them and if any student is absent then they cant handover to him/her when they came. All students are dependent only on their teacher for everything eating, playing etc.
I feel the same way about someone I know she spends money like water. Then she is always out at the bars with her friends and going out to dinner. but,she is the first one to get upset because I don't go with her. I told her we live on two different budgets. and there are things I need to buy. so,I don't have a problem not ging out with her and she comes over here and spends the night and we have some fun. that is all I will be doing.
I have friends like that too. I've made a new friend who is also a mother on a tight budget, and I go to her house sometimes at weekends. We have a few drinks and chat, so much cheaper than going out, and often more fun too
@sid556 (31018)
I think it is way more fun than the bars where quite often it is difficult to even have a conversation. the drinks in the bars are so so expensive these days.
stop drinking, its not good for your health
Read the discussion.
It is sad that people complain that they have no money, but yet they can go out all weekend and spend money like it is water. I am on food stamps, but other than that I pay for everything else we need. I carefully budget each month and try to save in case of an emergency. I am also working hard online making money so I can buy materials to make jewelry and then hopefully make some handbags (fabric is expernsive). I wish you all the best.
@jricky1 (6809)
We can get nothing if we don't try hard for our life,so i normally don't blame anyone else for my own life.No one can decide what happening for us,so don't be complaining about everything.Nothing can get without the effort and i believe most mylotters would think the same cuz no pain no gain.
@jenny1015 (13394)
I know some people just like you have mentioned. And I am not really envious about their lifestyle coz I actually feel pity for them coz they are so into making themselves in the fore front of fashion and all, and yet, they really do not have much money saved for emergency use.
@miryanag (348)
• Bulgaria
I guess you are more mature than those people . Once I read a grat book To have or to be by Erich Fromm. There are people in this world whos main gola is to have(matirial things) I am glad that there are still people who"ARE"just like you.You are a mother,a good person, a working lady
some people really do not know the value of things that they have ,I have seen many of them in my relatives. I also live hard, I do not mean of money that much but for so many other things that sometimes I wish if I could be one of those of my cousins and if my cousin could be me?
@hereandthere (25038)
i'm glad you have a new friend who really understands what it's like and shares your views. i'm sure you will help one another more. when i hear people say that, even family members, i rephrase in mind that what they're really saying is "no, i don't have money for that, but i would rather spend what little i have, or borrow money, or put it on my credit card for this because these make me happy." it's all about instant gratification and living for the moment, valuing what others see and say about them. in this 24/7 reality tv interconnected world, more people seem to prefer living one day at a time.
I admire you for living within your means, and that should always be the case with people. I also have friends who are like that. They act as if they have all the money to spend, yet they are always borrowing money. When they approach me to borrow , i tell them that i am on a budget and don't want to fall short of it. I will let them feel that when one is in a tight budget, they should refrain from buying wants, but buy only necessities or in other words live within their means.