I don't see the reason behind his shopping.

We were talking and he said he wants to buy all new furniture for his house. I was like ok for what reason and he said he wants to up grade everything.. now he really needs to chuck everything because it was all his grandmothers from way back when and it is ruined. but,I said what are you going to do when we move with your furniture. he said he is bringing it with him. now,I just bought this living room set,dining set and my bed is in new condition. I a not getting rid of anything here no matter what happens. I told him it does not make sense to buy new stuff to only have to pay for storage. he said he is bringing it with us. I said where are we putting two living room sets and dining sets. I left the whole discussion alone because I know my stuff is going in my living room.
That doesn't make sense unless he plans on having his own house apart from you. It doesn't seem to me that he thinks past now. Like he doesn't think things through. Like what will he do with his furniture? Unless he plans on having his own house.
deep down inside he does not want to give up his place. he says he will give it up and then when kay comes over he wants to go home. so,I told him i should leave alone in case something happened with my daughter because no one on earth will stop her from coming to me if she needs me.
I think he should wait until after you move and see what you need before going out and buying new things. I know when we moved from Idaho to Nevada the only piece of furniture we brought with us was a hutch that was give to his late mother by her best friend who passed away. The hutch is really important to Randy and that is why we brought it. Also, I keep his mom's good China which was given to me the day Randy and I got engaged. Even though I got a lot of great gifts for my wedding and engagement this is one of gifts I cherish most (the other one being the family cookbook where my family and his family created for me). I would talk to him when he is calm.
That was nice your loved ones gave you such nice gifts. I got a few good things when I got married.
@Iriene88 (5352)
Oh no ... I believe he can put that good money to a better use. Should not have two sets of furniture when you only need one. Looks like you need to talk to him again when his rational thought is back and he is in a real good mood. Sometimes we need to be practical, unless he knows what to do with the extra set of furniture.
I left it alone because what ever he does he will need to have a plan for it. I know my furniture is going in my new house.
If he is doing this now, he likely won't be going with you when you do move. I'm not really certain what his issues are, but it is fairly clear that he needs to be talking with someone. Within the span of the past few months, there have been mentions of marriage and moving with you to another state... but then this. Does he possibly have bipolar disorder as well? Some of the things that you've said make me sort of wonder.