Making Sure your Discission doesn't get Deleted

Several of my comments got deleted because the discussion I answered them in got deleted. I think I can understand why. I don't think that will happen if we make sure we title our discussions the right way. For example, one persons discussion that got deleted was called "Soy milk or regular milk?" That would be considered a poll type discussion I suppose. Instead of asking what kind of milk everyone likes, if they would've wrote in the subject line a statement (such as: "I love soymilk", instead of asking an opinion question...and then after writing up a discussion about why they love soymilk compared to regular milk, ask "Do you agree?" Would just changing those few things keep the discussion on Mylot?
@deazil (4547)
If you avoid responding to these discussions you won't have a problem. I stay away from them. But there are some, that no matter how legitimate they look, will still be deleted by admin. These tend to be unavoidable and it's happened to senior members as well as others. For the ones that are obviously against the guidelines it's best to stay away. Unless you're so overcome with enthusiasm because it looks so interesting that you can't help but respond, not even thinking about whether it will be deleted or not. This has happened to me.
@savire (204)
Yes, me too and it only takes twice of that to drop your rating to "2". It feels sad though since I believe I does not offend anyone during my activities here. Just because of posting comments in such discussion is enough to drop your rating so fast. I wonder how can I raise that rating again, because it's feel like I offend peoples instead of helping them here :(.
But there are some, that no matter how legitimate they look, will still be deleted by admin. some that look legit are actually plagiarized from other sites without citing the original source, so they get eventually deleted. unfortunately, only the discussion-starter will be notified that the reason is "plagiarized content." the responders to that discussion will only get the generic "because the question it was under was deleted."
@deazil (4547)
savire, that's too bad it makes you sad. But I'm not concerned with my rating. LOL I have much bigger problems in my life. I'm not here that much anyway, so it doesn't matter to me. Don't worry, things will get better. Don't feel bad. here and there, thanks for that. I forgot. But I seem to remember Hatley saying she had a discussion deleted once and didn't know why. I forgot they send you a notice telling you why (if you're the author). Maybe she got one of those notices that just says something like guidelines violation. I think she said she couldn't figure out what the violation was.
@savire (204)
Yes I do have encountered the same problem because the discussion owner started something like that my comments get deleted. It's happened twice already. It's not that I does not read the rules but well the conversation it self does not seems to go into that poll types that's why I participated in it. Or maybe that my understanding regarding the scope of the content that breaking the rule is not enough. I kinda hesitate now posting on new discussion regarding this issue because I does not want my account to have some problem because of this.
@savire (204)
Do the low rating affecting on how they sent notification too? Because I just noticed the rating after I reach 100pts. I think they delete the comments before I reach that first marker and the emails stop coming to my Inbox before I reach that 100pts marker too. I have checked the spam folder but none exists. They just send the comments delete notification. I find it harder earlier to reply to other users who just replied my comments. It force me to monitor each discussion I had posted into. As a new member I really feel discouraged now since I feels like my sharing effort not appreciated at all, lol. In my 2nd days, I have people who accept my answer and that's feel good. Had some friend request from others and that's nice. But right now after my points goes to 100pts suddenly got rated at "2" lol kinda feels awkward about it.
@Porcospino (18396)
• Denmark
Hi savire and welcome to Mylot No, there is no connection between the notifications and the rating. There have been some problems with the notifications recently and I think that is reason why you experience a lack of notifications. I have also had that problem and I know other people have experienced the same thing. When it is fixed you will receive notifications again. Don't feel discouraged because of your star. You reached 100 very fast (in two days) and that means that few people have had the chance to rate your responses and comments. Your star could be low because you are new and didn't get many positive ratings yet. A low star when you are new doesn't always mean that you got many negative ratings, sometimes it simply means that few people have rated you. If you remain active in the discussions I think that you will be able to get a higher star in the future when more people have had the chance to rate your responses and comments
@savire (204)
@mike, lol I thought I was the only one with problem. Well I notice that sometimes it's just stop working it might be due to the volume they must delivers to each users. @Forever, Yeah I do read their rules but does not realized the effect until I reach my first 100pts. Let's hope what porcospino said was true because I never try to offends anyone in any of my posts before. The worse think I do will be stating the fact which occurs in the communities it self. But I do always use some discretion. @Porcospino, I just compare and see fellow Mylotter here whom has points near mine and thought that If I ever do makes some mistakes to deserved this. I think I will stick around for a couple of days to see if this rating will goes away as you suggested. If they don't then well it's kinda disappointing by then. For all of you many thanks for the information given. It really helps me understand what has been happen with my account. Thanks.
Hi momalisa it sure has for me hatley as I did just what you suggested and never did have a discussion deleted for poll type discussion so it does really work too. Just do not make it sound like a survey of a number of people as thats doing a poll.
Aw! I just noticed I spelled Discussion wrong! I hit the wrong key. I'm usually a good speller. Thanks for your comment.
@dodoazo (21267)
Rules are rules here in myLot. For those who couldn't keep them have to suffer the consequence. Sad to say, that their post would be deleted for it is the policy here. Now the lesson has been learned.
@AkamaruKei (5218)
If you see a discussion look like a poll type you better not respond in that discussion. I not blame them if my comments got deleted because the discussion I answered got deleted. That is my fault if i know that discussion poll type but i still respond in it. By the way i think all of us here have some of a discussion deleted and only a people which is not start any discussion will not get deleted.
If people just focus on their earning here, surely there will be more and more meaningless posts or just small talks then mylot would lose more active members, let alone attract more new members in. So i also agree its more than earning here, just have fun and of course make sure to follow the rules
@jenny1015 (13389)
We should be really extra careful in making a discussion. Poll type questions will surely be deleted. I really didn't understand it well enough when I was new here, but somehow have tried avoiding such types of discussions.
@ARIES1973 (9539)
• Legaspi, Philippines
Yes. The way we presented a discussion is very important. There are times that we presented it in a way that might appear to be in violation of some rules. We should be the one to check our work and of course we must be familiar with the rules. Have a great day!
@rosekiss (30260)
• Eugene, Oregon
I do think that if the one who started it would haved worded it differently, then it might have not been deleted. you are so right, that poll type discussions do get deleted. A poll type discussion isn't a discussion at all, but just a question about comaprison of tow different products. i try to avoid those as well, and even responding to them, as i know those will be deleted, and we do lose earnings as well, but then mylot is more than than just earning anyway. it is about having fun, and learning from others at the same time. Take care, and have a very good day.