The crock pot cooked good tonight.

I thought of making a pot of mac and cheese and figured I would try it out in the crock pot. I made one and it was over cooked and tossed it out. then I took pasta from the ronzoni box and put it in the crock pot and took two packs of those cheese pouches and mixes it in. when it was done I really did not like the texture or taste.. so,since adrain was sleeping I put the pot on warm so he could wake up and have hot food. well,I also told him to eat it or toss it out. then a while later I went to wash the pot out. I looked in the crock pot and the cheese cooked down and it looked like baked mac and cheese. I am sitting right here eating a bowl of it now. I now need to figure out what else I could make in this pot. I was thinking tomorrow to make bbq chicken.
My crock pot gets a bit of use. Most recently, it got put to work for my tempeh-based vegetarian chili. I think that next up will be some nice vegetarian split pea soup; if I still have lentils left, I may have to do a split pea and lentil soup. Since I'm trying to keep the boyfriend away from the store for the next week or two until we take care of our most pressing obligations first, I think that I'm going to be turning more to my crock pot as I make batches of chili and soup.
I bought two crock pot cook books and both of them up and walked away at adrains house. I am going to get me another one but this time a huge one. but,I am trying to learn to cook meals without meat. I am not a veggie or anything. I had gastric bypass and I feel better when I eat less meat. and the terrible gas I get goes away if I don't eat beef. my friend is a vegget. and she said she will teach me to cook some stuff.
I accumulate cookbooks, but I don't usually use recipes. I tend to eyeball ingredients, add whatever I have on hand and, in general, just view recipes as suggestions or starting points.
I am not good with recipes either I like to take what I like from the meal and add to it my own stuff. I even get to the point I start putting stuff together and adrain always loves the food.
@mariaperalta (19094)
• Mexico
I love my crock pot, I cook alot of thing sin it here. Its really good for my pinto beans.
I make some of my best meals in the crock pot. and adrain just eats it up.
• Mexico
thats great.. now if you could get him to cook some of those. Im going to put green beans and bacon in the crock pot today. let them cook a few hours.
@bjc66bjc (6745)
Wow, I have heard of Mac and Cheese in a crock pot...My cousin submitted it in a mac and cheese cook of and won.. It was in a cookbook put thgether by her mothers church. those old county recipes..But I can't find the cookbook. I am going to try it tho...as much as you complain about enough food for the month,I am glad you did not have to throw it away....
No,I ate that good meal last night. and he ate a good amount as well.
@Archie0 (4669)
I really want to try crockpot cooking someday. I love Mac and Cheese as well, and this idea of yours is really good. I have always heard about cooking chicken in crock pots, but now i am waiting for your bbq chicken tomorrow hope we get to know how it was cooked.
I season it and put it in the pot and let it cook down. then I add the sauce and let it get to the point the meat falls off the bone. then I serve it with rice on the side or in a sandwich.
@911Ricki (13602)
I would never dream of dumping two full pots of it. My parents do that all the time, I end up with it. Here a thing of pasta is $4.00, and a thing of cheese is $10.00, I would literally cry. I have made it in the crockpot, but put extra milk in it, so it wouldn't dry up. I added creamy cheese in it, then added cheese ontop before I wanted to cook it. SOmetimes I put bread crumbs ontop to give it a crunch.
I really think that the items that you would be able to make using a crockpot are really limitless. I know that I've made a lot of different things with my crock pot and I can also look at some of the various websites and look for different recipes using a crockpot and I can find ideas for recipes that I would never think of trying otherwise. However, one of my favorite things to make with the crockpot is pulled pork and then put it on garlic bread. Absolutely delicious.