Addiction to power and authority....c",)

@ardoy0731 (6865)
Election is about to come again and their are lots of politician are going from one place to another to promote their candidacy and present their promises/platforms to win our votes for them to be elect. Some of the candidates or should I say most of the candidates are just the same candidates who used to run in the public office or re-electionists who used to run over and over again.There are still some whose running are their kids or spouses in the position that they might left.Sort of political dynasty somehow. Is this an indication of addiction to powers and authority?I know that they just wanted to continue what they have started but there are some candidates that are so old and even always run in public office over and over again.Same old faces of politicians.Can they give chances to other who can do better change in this nation. Quite hard to decide which candidate to vote as of the moment so we better vote wisely that could really bring change in our nation.
I hate elections because of the fact that it seems to me that the people that are running for offices are using a lot of different lies in order to get the voters to vote for them. It is after they have been elected that we will see that they are not going to fulfill the promises that they have made to us and that is something that really does make me upset. I do believe that you are right that those people that become politicians are addicted to the power and authority that they get from their field of expertise.
@ardoy0731 (6865)
Corrected by.Elections are full of lies around wherein its quite hard to distinguish who are telling the truth and has good intentions.Hard to know who would really be truthful and will not do anything bad after they won the elections.I guess this kind of thing is happening all over the world that we have to change for the next generation.
@averygirl72 (16611)
I seem to see that politics is all about power, authority and fame. After they win, everything will be working for them. Instead of the agenda of the masses, they have their personal agendas. People can actually discern the candidates. Jingles and lots of promises will work but a candidate who looks serious on making changes in society and does not use dances or cute commercials I guess are more sincere.
@ardoy0731 (6865)
Yeah sad to say but its the truth.They always run for the power, authority and power and always forget the things that are needed by the masses and for the masses.They could easily forgot their promises once they are elected.But there are still some who do their best to serve our nation well and better so we really have to vote for those people to succeed in bringing change and difference in this nation.
@cttolledo (5049)
I agree. We should give others a chance.. give a chance to those fresh faces and fresh talents...let's see their worth.
@ardoy0731 (6865)
Oh right, same old faces are always running with same old promises that used to said over and over again yet didn't make it happened for a long time of their service in the public office.They will tell us promises that they used to say every now and them which they can't do.Its really time for us to make a change and difference.
@machatago (385)
Not only an addiction to power and authority, but also with money. Politicians like to be put on a pedestal, they like to assume that they are the ones contributing to the so-called "economic development" and don't forget the amount of money they can accumulate during their term of service. It's sad but so true.
@ardoy0731 (6865)
Yeah money as well since they spend millions during campaign period so some really have intentions to the power and authority that might get after they win the elections.Sometimes it a waste to vote since same old faces are always there running in public office but we still have to vote and choose the right candidates that would really bring changes in this nation even in small ways.
• Calgary, Alberta
I am going to vote for certain people with very low chance of winning but I know they can serve the country better. I may vote some of these re-electionist but I am doing it to vote for the lesser evils because will never let the greater evils to be back in position, I am so sick of them. I will also not vote for those evils who are not in position yet but I know they wont do no good. I hope all voters are like me.
@ardoy0731 (6865)
We really have to vote very wisely to bring true change in our nation.We should not take for granted our privilege to vote by just voting for the sake to practice our right to vote.We really have to think it and examine the person that we wanted to run our nation.
@Raine38 (9193)
That maybe the case, aside from that, most candidates or government officials are making this the "family business". This is their bread and butter, the main source of their income. The kids or grandkids of those people are already being groomed early to take the place of their fathers once their terms are done. And that may also be the reason why political dynasties exist.
@ardoy0731 (6865)
Yeah there are lots of political dynasties here.Almost all the politicians runs in public office do have that dynasties.Sad to say but that's the truth even though they just used to denied it.Sometimes there will be no choices and options since same old faces are the one we used to see during elections.Spending millions in campaigning their selves the fact the public officials don't have high salaries at all.