netbook versus laptop

@miketagz (1349)
I plan to buy Net-book because its thin, light and comfortable but many of users saying that Net-book could take 1 to 2 years of lifespan while if I plan to buy laptop because its quality and speed but says not to buy because its too heavy. So which those two are better? Is it for lifespan, or a quality? I'm confused.
@avonrep1 (1863)
Mike it depends on your needs. Are you going to need a DVD drive, if so you want to go with a laptop. Are you planning on using it for work or school, if so go with a laptop. If your just using it to browse and play on the internet, a netbook works just fine. Netbooks have limitations on what they can do. So most of the time Laptops are the better buy, yes they are heavier but they are getting thinner and lighter. But if you are just needing it for internet browsing then the lighter weight is the way to go.
@miketagz (1349)
Thanks for the great tip Avon. I will have an idea to buy a reliable tool.
Thank you for your comment. I have been trying to research the differences in these two products, but this is the first time in which I can actually get a straight answer! As a internet junkie myself, a netbook is my next purchase!
@Strovek (870)
That actually depends on the purpose of the purchase. If you just need to browse internet, tablet is an alternative. Now there is also a new category called ultrabook, light notebook with extra long battery life. Netbooks have limitations like not being able to use extended screen, limited memory (max of 2 Gbytes). I am not sure if that has changed with Windows 8 (in Windows 7, netbooks run on Windows 7 starter edition which does not exist in Windows 8 - there is now Windows 8 RT for tablets). As far as lifespan is concern, I think it varies whether it is Netbook or laptop. It is not true that netbook have shorter lifespan compared to laptop or notebook. If you have the budget, ultrobook is definitely the way to go.
@miketagz (1349)
I heard that tablet is like netbook but much more thinner it looks. I will try to look for a cheaper one. Thanks Strovek.
@maximax8 (27048)
At home I like to have a laptop with a 39.6 cm plus screen. Its weight for me can be between 2 and 3 kilos. I like to have a powerful one with Intel Core i3, i5 or i7. I like to have a Windows 7 or a Windows 8 laptop. A net book is thin, light and small without a disk drive usually. I like the look of ultra books however they are unaffordable. A net book doesn't seem to last for than 2 years it seems to me. A laptop can last 3 to 4 years.
@ajithlal (14564)
I think if you can buy laptops go for laptops and laptops have more lifespan and netbook can be used only for browsing internet. I think with laptop you can do lots of other features also.
laptop is good as compared to other net books. Laptop have window operation system but net book use android system. You can do lots of things on laptop but you not able to do this same at net book. But yes Net books is more handy then laptop